Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe but i cant help comparing it to the santini got france to play with two really attacking players on the wing (pires and zidane). davies and carrick can definately add something that redknapp and jackson cant but im not so sure there gonna provide a constant link between the middle and the front. its not the end of the world but imo its something that needs to happen before we can seriously think about top six.

We were awful in the second half today, now cohesion and only a wonder tackle from King kept us a point. I really get frustrated at the lack of link up play from of forwards and their lack of willingness to gibve the ball to our midfielders, imo, Keane cant come back soon enough.

Also, when playing at home against these kind of teams, we reeally have got to get our full backs forward just to give us more options out wide, our attacking was soo narrow and we put crosses in from far to deep in the first half.

Re: Spurs Thread: return of the doc

early days son !!!

if were playing like that in a season i might be a bit worried but as long as the solidarity is their im happy.

if you look at the way france played under santini all the link up play came from the wings so im not sure were gonna see that working really well untill we get a couple of new faces in.

we can easily make up the points on sunday anyway .....

Yeah i know, its only a minor criticism, and tbh, its nice to see a spurs side actually being able to grind out clean sheets, they have NEVER been like that in my memory, despite having some superb defenders, Mabbutt, Gough, Campbell, Roberts, etc, etc . . .

Well not a very exciting game but we really had to dig deep to get a point today. Robo showed why he has to remain England number 1 and King showed why he should stay in teh national side too . . .

Bring on United ;)

dont worry pires we'll beat ur lot to make up for it ;)

great point and im well surprised we did it without davis tbh. have to say mourinhos interview made me laugh, especially after some of the stuff hes tried to get away with.

Superb game for Naybet and King,top notch defending.Could be a more open game if your fullbacks attack more often,who gives a fcuk what that arrogant twat,Mourinho says.Great game guys,see you next weekend.

I didnt see the interview, can anyone tell me roughly what he said?

Chelsea manager Jose Mourinho was frustrated with Tottenham's tactics after Spurs battled to a scoreless Barclays Premiership draw at Stamford Bridge.

The former Porto boss believes there was only one team 'playing to win' although he admitted his players' poor finishing shared some of the blame.

'It was frustrating because there was only one team playing to win and the other played not to concede goals,' said Mourinho.

'They didn't play football, just defend, defend, defend. We played fantastic moments of attacking football and the result is not fair for the football we played.

'I have no complaints over the performance of my players, only with their finishing.

'They (Tottenham) defended well but that was not the only thing they did. They fell over every five minutes and every time they changed a player it took 10 minutes.

'If I paid £50 to see this match I would have been frustrated because only one team was trying to play football.'

Mourinho's Tottenham counterpart Jacques Santini admitted the match had not been a great spectacle but he was delighted with the point his team had earned.

He said: 'When we play against a team like Chelsea with big international players, I am happy with a good result.

'We knew that Chelsea has a very good midfield and if we wanted a good result today my players had to win the ball in midfield.

'It was not the best game but for us, it was a very, very good result.'

WHAT A FUCK MURHINO IS!! Chelsea was so god damn boring.... as was totteham

haha, cheers for that CS, which brings me onto:

"Small team from Fulham, You're just a small team from Fulham . . . .(and repeat)!!"

8)

Re: Spurs Thread: All hail King Ledley!

well in that respect i didnt think we were that bad. apart from atouba who looked like he had a genuine injury i cant remeber anyone else going down or anything.

to be fair he could have easily put on a 3rd forward or kept both cole and duff on to put us under a bit more pressure and give us a bit more of an incentive to attack but he didnt have the bottle.

Great win last night, with some really good finishes too. Bolotn in the next round will be a difficult game, especially as they are goin to take the competition seriously too.

Hay Kanoute and Gardeners goals were class. Nice to see Keano score and defoe......What can you say that hasent been said a million times. Just a quick dig at Jose im gunna throw my toys out the trolly morinio......FUCK OFF!

I am very pleased with our team and am feelin confident for a change. Manure will be a big test though but for once i dont think the score will be a for gone conclusion.

I just hope King and defoe stay fit as they are on Fire!!

Nice to see ya back and posting TBM, where u been?

Yeah its good we have a few British (and Irish) players in our squad as well . . . .bring on United!

Not an unexpected result, but it was good we still kept it tight . . .if only we could now add that extra bit of creativity.

Gazz22 said:
Naybet was right. I guess we are past it. ;)
They were quotes made up by the press, he came out and said he had not said those things about United and even AF even said he culdnt envisage a player of Naybets experience saying such things . . .So get ya facts straight first mate.

loz said:
They were quotes made up by the press, he came out and said he had not said those things about United and even AF even said he culdnt envisage a player of Naybets experience saying such things . . .So get ya facts straight first mate.

Really? Sorry. Thought Naybet was pretty decent today though.

it was a typical utds 12th man performance from the ref yesterday. thing is, it wasnt even the least bit surprising.

utd were better though but i dont think we shamed ourselves too much. especially considering redknapp and jackson were playing. davis or carrick would have made a big differance for us today and with a top notch left winger on top of that who knows were we might find ourselves. we still look set for top 8 so im not complaining.

wev got 4 away games coming up in the next 5 games so i imagine victories are gonna be few and far between for a while now !

Everton away this weekend, cant see it being a very exciting game tbh. I'm going for a 0-0 draw or either side sneaking a goal to get a win, its going to be very tight though.

faiers said:
apperently we (spurs) have actually signed him. Its actually on the official site wooooohooooooooooo

with a decent dm (scott parker perhaps) im pretty sure we can make the top 6 now and with a half decent cb and a decent am maybe even champions league football (or maybe not ;) ).

It's 2004 now and in the past season you ain't done shit :lmao:

Well he did say we need some other players as well, players we didnt actually get!

mr teeth said:
It's 2004 now and in the past season you ain't done shit :lmao:

well i think you will actually find the problem is that we have in fact 'done shit'. ;)

ps. damn you eternal optimism !!

i reckon you wont be far off in your predictions loz but with so many away games coming up we need to maybe try and win atleast a couple on the road rather than settling for the point. saying that though id take a point now !!!

atleast davis is back. i actually reckon wev missed him a fair bit since he got injured. who do you reckons been the best signing of the summer so far lozmeister ?

lol, i dont know tbh, i mean its not just the summer signings, but players that were here beofre that seem rejuvanated.

Saying that though, i'm well impressed with both Mendes and Edman, bioth seem to have slotted in effortlesly. what about you my man?

Sorry, just read the first page of this thread...all the hype about postiga

heh not to sure loz its to hard to decide. imo all of mendes, davis, edman and robinson have been fantastic. good point about the rejuvination too, ledley seemed to lose his way a bit but hes now looking like fulfilling the potential he showed when he first came into the team under hoddle. only worrying thing for me is that keane looks a bit out of sorts at the moment and im starting to have a few doubts about davies too. im sure keane will be fireing on all cylinders again once he gets properly fit and we sort out our link play. saying that davies should be alright once he sorts his fitness out too.

Back
Top Bottom