Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it was actually 'your just a sh*t aussie wanker' !! which was especially funny for me cus i gave a spare ticket i had to an aussie i work with (luckily he saw the funny side)

to be fair if man u want to pay 15-20 mill for defoe we should take it. a player not losing all his sell on value would be a bonus for us considering our recent history with transfers so for a player to double or triple in price in about six months would be a decent bit of business..

you heard anything about beattie ? cant say i really want him, especially for the money soton want.

it was actually 'your just a sh*t aussie wanker' !! ;) which was especially funny for me cus i gave a spare ticket i had to an aussie i work with (luckily he saw the funny side)

to be fair if man u want to pay 15-20 mill for defoe we should take it. a player not losing all his sell on value would be a bonus for us considering our recent history with transfers so for a player to double or triple in price in about six months would be a decent bit of business..

you heard anything about beattie ? cant say i really want him, especially for the money soton want.

it was actually 'your just a sh*t aussie wanker' !! ;) which was especially funny for me cus i gave a spare ticket i had to an aussie i work with (luckily he saw the funny side)

Havent heard anything about us after Beats apart from we are 'interested.' TBH i'd so much rather we keep FK, i'm not too sure about JB's first touch and on sat FK's touch was immaculate, most of the time ;)

And i'd rather keep Defoe and build a team, than finally getting the calibre of player we want in just so we can sell him and get a few more mediocre players, the fella got 7 goals in 15 games last season and that was in a struggling side!

cheerio to the doc, best news iv had in ages !!!!!!!!!! what are the odds on norwich going down now ?

i think if we had got hargreaves it would have been to play central. if were gonna pay 6 odd mill for a wide player it should be for someone that actually properly plays there.

carrick isnt as good but is probbaly a little bit better value for money if reports on the hargreaves fee are to be believed.

iv got a feeling now that andy reid is gonan sign on deadline day for about 4 mill. still dont know if thats a good or a bad thing.

Well Carrick's in, not sure if he's available for the visit to the geordies?

By the look of beloved BBC live commentary, Atouba is certainly getting involved, just just the goal either! :)

I've mo idea what u said prox, i' so pissed and glad of our win against the geordies, if thats the highlight of the season so be it, but we bveat newcastle at st james . . . . .bring on the gooners!!!

What a win, i really didnt expect us to get anything going by past experiences, still fair play to the lads and a good finish by timothe :)

My mate, who's a spud, was asking me who I would like to have in the Arsenal team from you lot. I have to say, last year at this time it would probably just have been King. But now, I'd take him, Defoe and Carrick. Those are three of England's finest propects in their respective postioins and have to say, I'm a bit envious.

It is being reported Santini is close to signing Pamarot for £1.7m from Nice, anyone heard of him? Apparently he's been 'head hunted' by Jacques . . . .

what a game saturday !! best day out iv had in ages. the spurs fan were singing the whole game and the newcastle fans were well quiet (best fans in the world my a$$). st james park is a great stadium as well, better than old trafford imo. anyway great result and definately a massive improvement on last years away performances. ps i sent a text to my mate at half time slating atoubas shooting !!! :mrgreen:

yeah it looks as if the pamarot and carrick deals are basically done. be interesting to see how they do but looks as if we have another two 'solid' players on the books. wev also been linked with the pederson guy blackburn are after. iv heard hes pretty superb, anyone on here know anything about the fella ?

if we can get 4 points from the west brom and birmingham games that will be an excellent start imo.

cheers by the way str. id take vieira and maybe that henry fella, not to sure about that campbell mind you !!

LOL, nice one faiers . . .

We seem to be getting in an absurd amount of players, i know we've lost a few at the beginning of this season and during the summer, but do you think thats the end of it now, or are we still gona go for a right back?

that french geezer is a right back isnt he ?

we might get in someone like reid but personally iv given up hope of getting any one major. can you see much else happening mate ?

its not to bad though, solidify this year then conquer the world next !! sounds like a decent plan to me. we definately have a lot more strength now and we should be able to cope with injuries ok now. looking back its amazing to think how bad some of the teams pleat put out last year really were.

a lot of people thought the heart and soul was ripped out of the club when the doc and postiga left so you have to say fair play to frank and jacques for getting things in order again.

the real question though loz, is are you 'appy with your young team ... errrrrr ... big clob ???????

That sounds like a cracking plan to me mate :) But i just dont want to get too confident at this early stage after whats happened before.

I thought he was a central defender tbh, but it looks like him AND Carrick will be starting against West Brom, so maybe you are right. Ifil is looking like a great prospect for the future too, he looks very composed for someone so young.

And i'll only be happy when we beat the gooners, at highbury ;)

Yet more reports of Figo leaving RM and joining us, by Firday apparently.

Arnesen is in Mardid at the moment trying to sort out a deal, with Figo coming on a free and RM paying half his £6m a year wages :shock:

lol, come on loz, iv heard the same by friday thing too but its clearly not gonna happen. madrid have denied it but that might not necceserilly mean a lot. quite nice to have madrid talking specifically about us anyway !!

west brom away tonight, what are the chances of spurs winning two away on the trot ?? i think were more likely to get figo arnt we

I wasnt saying i believe it mate, i'm also very sceptical tbh. . . It'd be nice, but a poor mans Postiga, lol, youre joking right?

As for tonight, i can see nothing but a draw, i dont think they are too strong up front, but i know they are based on a good defence . .

You Spurs are going in the right direction..
Buying defenders & midfielders..but your biggest problem this season
is that you are relying too heavily on defoe for most of your goals..
oh,and you are going to need some midfielders who can penetrate from the midfield...

We've made our 11th signing since Pleat left by snaping up England U21 defender Callum Davenport from Coventry for an initial £1.1m ill, could rise to 3.

Anyone know anything about him? Frankie seems pretty impressed with the fella.

spursrule said:
Another few signings, Reto Ziegler and Spase Dilevski who are for the future.

Is the Dilveski one a defo? I heard we were after him a while back, but wasnt sure if we'd got him or not?

loz said:
JERMAIN DEFOE!!!!! 1-0

U still wana get rid of him for 12 mill faiers?

maybe 20 now ;) instead of the new ian wright he should be dubbed the new romario too !

spot on highbury but hopefully when keanes back to full fitness the burden will be taken off his shoulders a little. your right about the penetration from the middle but if davies can get fit, with the possible/probably signing of reid in jan we should be 'ok' this season. its definately the weak point in the team at the minute though.

as long as we beat norwich on sunday i wont be too bothered if we only take a point from the man u chelsea games.

Well Davies will hopefully be on the bench against Norwich, and hopefully Carrick will gives us more going forward from midfield too.

Back
Top Bottom