Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

foxtrot_yankee said:
I don't see where it says 1-0 at half-time in the headlines.

Well you fud, seeing as it's after the match that your looking I'd hazard a guess and say the final score could be there now. :mrgreen:

FD

Alright guys, do this on msn on or something please.

And now for the aftermath of last night . . .Another poor result, i'm positive we lost to Sheff United the other day 2-1, but hey its only pre-season, so things will pick up i'm sure of it.

Seems as though Keano has got ligament damage and will miss the start of the season . . . . . The injury curse strikes again :(

Squad list has been announced with a few changes from last season, i'll let u see if you notice them ;)

1 Paul Robinson
2 Stephen Carr
3 Mauricio Taricco
4 Sean Davis
5 Goran Bunjevcevic
6 Dean Richards
7 Simon Davies
8 Pedro Mendes
9 Fredi Kanoute
10 Robbie Keane
11 Michael Brown
12 Gary Doherty
13 Kasey Keller
15 Jamie Redknapp
18 Jermain Defoe
21 Mbulelo Mabizela
22 Lee Barnard
25 Marton Fulop
26 Ledley King
27 Rohan Ricketts
28 Mark Yeates
30 Anthony Gardner
31 Dean Marney
32 Johnnie Jackson
34 Stephen Kelly

hello my pedigree chums. pre-seasons got off to a blinder then :roll: , oh well, still early days.

had a bid accepted for the swedish left back edman today which should go through soon. apparently were also after thomert (forward/left wing apparently) or something from lyon, anyone know anything about him ?

Edson Rolando Silva Sousa and Lens attacker Dagui Bakari are also on trial. one is a psv youngster and the other almost went to wolves last year :shock:.

a few people have also been saying were gonna get xabi alonso soon. cant really see that one happening myself to be honest but that would be one hell of a signing.

cant believe davies and keane are both missing the start of the season. i cant really see us getting sixth at this rate but somewhere like 8th would do quite nicely.

has anyone bothered with the new kit yet ?

Yeah my bro mentioned about xabi, another holding midfielder, isnt he?

Edman looked a good player in the Euro's, but saying that ANYONE's gotta be better than Tanno . . .

Typical our injury jinx strikes again, when will it ever stop?

dont be silly loz, its never gonna stop. i thought xabi was quite attacking ?

i went up to the game today, after a very poor start we looked really good. we still cant defend to be honest and keller kept us in the game in the begining 30 mins or so. mendes was awesome imo and looks a real steal at 2 mill. bakari looked like a bigger, sh*tter version of heskey but that other matey didnt look too bad. i wasnt overly impressed with reid either to be honest but he got a few 'yiddo' chants and stuff.

after that performance i would say were still desperate for another center back and a couple of wingers.

Well the great Shaggy has had talks with Rangers, but they have broken down, probably when they asked him for a medical :mrgreen: ;)

Another pre-season defeat to Feyenoord but we are still playing a lot of youngsters, Fredi seems to be happy playing under Santini and we are still looking to sign players, with Bakari and Spurs both considering a permanent deal . . . .

We have our first home game under Jacques against Cagliari on Saturday, any of you lads going?

i didnt think we looked too bad against feyenoord considering it was basically a 2nd team. i wernt happy with the commentators completely slating us mind you.

i cant see us doing anything this season unless we get a winger or two. apart from simon davies no one else can really penetrate from midfield at the moment. i didnt really think it was gonna happen but the xabi alonso rumours seemed to have died :( , even worse is that the gooners might be making a bid now vieira has left the scum (cus campbell wants his bum).

the reid deal might go through soon as well now hes handed in a transfer request, im not really too sure wether he would be any good ! hes not a bad player but i cant see him making a huge impact. if we do get him hopefully im wrong, what do you guys reckon ?

i dunno wether to go to the lane or saturday or have a day down the beach at bournemouth. iv got tickets for the pool game and applied for newcastle away so im not to fussed about missing it.

ps, we should get a restraining order against anyone trying to sign bakari from coming within 10 miles of the club.

its weird why no1 in the forum is talkin about the 10mil chance to sign FIGO....spurs are after !?!?!

where did you hear that one mate, its the first iv heard of it. i havnt seen anything on any football website, spurs site or news now :( . i could maybe see us getting him on a free next year but cant see anything happening this summer ... especially at 10 mill.

LOL@faiers, So u think Bakari is THAT good do ya?

Also like the change of thread title mate, nice one :)

Cant see us paying 10 mill for Figo, would we even be able to afford his wages?

And as far as Reid goes, ive never seen him play, tbh, so cant really comment, but he got rave reviews last season, so i just think we'll have to wait and see on that front.

Sean Davis

Loz, this is not a usual question from me, but as you are the Spurs oracle! Is it Sean Davis or Simon Davis which is injured at the moment? Plus do you think Sean Davis will start for Spurs if fit? Cheers Deano 8)

Re: Sean Davis

dcj78 said:
Loz, this is not a usual question from me, but as you are the Spurs oracle! Is it Sean Davis or Simon Davis which is injured at the moment? Plus do you think Sean Davis will start for Spurs if fit? Cheers Deano 8)

LOL, sorting out ya FF team then mate, can you send me the link again and when does it have to be in by?

There is Sean Davis, and Simon DAVIES, Davies is injured. I really dont know about Davis starting mate, Jacques hasnt really given many clue's in pre-season, by playing a lot of youngsters, so at the mo its a toss up between Mendes and Davis, although he could play both of them i suppose. . . .Hope ya good mate, and see ya soon. :)

heh, cheers loz im sure anyone who saw todays game will know what i mean

get mendes for your dream teams lads, hes gonna be awesome. he reminds me loads of petit when he was at arsenal. at the moment i reckon its gonna be a davis mendes partnership in the middle. its doesnt sound amazing but i reckon they will surprise a few ppl.

looks as if wev majorly pissed off forest :mrgreen: serves em right for running to the media every ten mins and saying hes worth ten mill. still desperate for a winger or two :l . jankeluvski and wright phillips will do me :D

on the matter of todays pentaly shoot out, in the words of the bo selecta jack osbourne ... THAT WERE CRAP ! i didnt think we played too badly though.

Forest? Who are ya? Who are ya? :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Defoe scored again in a 1-1 draw with Partizan Belgrade, i got a feelin the fella's gona be electirc this season, lets just hope he gets some decent service!

Santini has also said he'll be fielding his strongest line-up on sat, and about time too ;)

MrCoopz said:
have u taken Reid of the Scum yet??

No, they are still trying to hold out for ludicrously large sums of money, but you will here it here first Coopz, if and when it does happen ;) 8)

We have landed a wide player though. Atouba, from Basle. Dont really know anything about him, but he's a wide left, defender/midfielder, and Cameroonian international.

So it looks like Tanno may have trouble gettin' in the side this season :)

3 mill bid for danny murphy accepted

its not awful but its not exactly inspiring ... especially when that diego went for under 5 mill as well.

hmm im not really sure what the new seasons gonna bring. we should be a lot more solid this year but im not feeling to optimistic and its looking a bit like mid table mediocrity for another season. maybe we will develop through the season as a team (like villa last year) then we can splash the cash on the big names next year ... nah what am i going on about, with our new, swedish ,portugese, cameroonian, england and future england international we will walk into the champs league (litterally considering our lack of pace !!)

I think he's a good player personally, but i know what ya mean about the Diego thing . . .still i think he'll be a good addition to the squad.

thats the thing though loz, wev spent about 10 odd mill on good additions to the squad now. imo some of that money could have been used to buy genuine class which could have really moved us up a level.

we desperately need a bit of pace in the middle as well and murphy isnt really gonna help that. i kind of think we missed a trick not getting zenden. him and wright-phillips would have done a job on either side :mrgreen:

i can maybe see us getting a center back but thats about it now. surely the reid deal is dead now considering wev bought in 4 midfielders (if murphy does come).

looks as if carr is finally on his way now too.

you going down the lane on saturday loz ? should be a good game, cant say im too confident though

Nah man, i cant, moneys tight :(

I take your point, but i guess they missed the boat with santini getting in the hot seat so late. Forest obviously wana sell reid, as JK has urged Sir Alex to take a look at him, but whether he'll come to us now is debatable.

Back
Top Bottom