Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jacques Santini has said Defoe can become a better player than Henry. . .not so sure about this myself, maybe if he can learn when to pass and when to shoot, but only time will tell i guess.

loz said:
Jacques Santini has said Defoe can become a better player than Henry. . .not so sure about this myself, maybe if he can learn when to pass and when to shoot, but only time will tell i guess.

Don't think that will ever happen under Santini's leadership, however. Defoe certainly has the potential. Who would have thought Henry to have become one of the world's best when AW picked him up? Maybe with Defoe under the professor's leadership though... ;)

lol, well, we will see STR. I think Santini is getting some bad press here, just because France under-performed in Portugal. . .Yeah they went out at the Q-F stage, albeit to the eventual winners (no shame there) and had their best ever run of results - under Santini - in qualifying for the tournie.

Dont get me wrong, I'm not saying he is gona be our saviour, i just think he deserves a fair crack of the whip . . . .YES! Even from you gooners ;)

Any word on the Bobby Convey situation. Press here is mum. :l

I aint heard much about it so i guess it may happen as the press seem to miss everyone we actually buy ;)

Im off to watch Spurs v Stevenage tonight, which should be fun. I hopefully willl se mendes for the first time in the flesh. Hope Santini plays the first team from the start and then takes them off to give the younger lot a shout. Ricketts is looking good in the Swedish tour and hopefully Jack will see him play well and give him the chance that wasn't given to him by Bleat.

Any way off to the largest population of single mums to watch our oys hopefuly win..........am i starting to get that feeling again you know....co..n..fi..den..ce. man i better get the 10 year history DVD out just to remind myself of what im getting myself in for again this season :mrgreen:

English Premier League club Tottenham Hotspur is no longer interested in acquiring D.C. United's Bobby Convey, leaving Reading of England's First Division as the top candidate for the 21-year-old midfielder's services, sources close to the situation said yesterday.

Tottenham, which has fallen well behind Arsenal and Chelsea for London soccer supremacy, has apparently turned its attention to several other foreign players after management couldn't form a consensus about whether to continue pursuing Convey. Reading, which has an American goalkeeper ( Marcus Hahnemann), finished ninth in the 24-team First Division this past season after nearly earning promotion to the Premier League in 2003.

"There's a long way to go," one source said, "but if it's going to happen, it looks like it will be Reading."

Convey, who was denied a move to Tottenham last year because of British work permit issues, is in his fifth season with United. He also has become a regular on the U.S. national team, which should almost guarantee a work permit this year. MLS, which owns all player contracts, is asking for an estimated $1.2 million for Convey's rights.

Fuck. . . I knew it was too good to be true.

I would rather keep him in the MLS than send him to the First Division. At least we can keep an eye on him on tv.

Csaunders - I heard FSW is not showing anymore Dutch league games, which means no watching Beasley at PSV!? :shock:

Well it looks like we arer still trying to sign players, although money appears to be tight. We had a bid of £3mill (£2mill less than our january offer) turned down for Forest Winger Andy Reid . . . .

Forest dismissed it immeadiately, no suprise there then.

Well its been quieter in here than it has at White Hart Lane recently. What do you boys think our first team line up will be on the opening day? Assuming we dont get any more signings in i'd like to see something like this:

--------------------Robbo

Carr--------King-------Gardner--------Tarricco

--------------------Davis

Davies------------Redknapp----------Ricketts

---------------------Keane

---------------Defoe

when are you Spurs gits gonna give us our loan player then ;) all that crap on your website that you don't have to give us one is rubbish it was part of the contract of Swindon giving you Leigh Mills probably our best talent :roll: , i think Mr. Santini needs torealise theres more than just one league in England otherwise we wil be taking little Mr.Mills back

Parkin09 said:
when are you Spurs gits gonna give us our loan player then ;) all that crap on your website that you don't have to give us one is rubbish it was part of the contract of Swindon giving you Leigh Mills probably our best talent :roll: , i think Mr. Santini needs torealise theres more than just one league in England otherwise we wil be taking little Mr.Mills back

lol, well i cant answer on behalf of Sir Jacque, but i think they were hoping stephen kelly was going to go on loan, however he's now been injured, so i dont see that happening . . .

loz said:
Well its been quieter in here than it has at White Hart Lane recently. What do you boys think our first team line up will be on the opening day? Assuming we dont get any more signings in i'd like to see something like this:

--------------------Robbo

Carr--------King-------Gardner--------Tarricco

--------------------Davis

Davies------------Redknapp----------Ricketts

---------------------Keane

---------------Defoe

robbo? You dont favor keller?

No way. I know he's a good keeper, but he tends to be indecisive, imo. See penalty given away against Henry at the Lane a year ago . . . I'm not saying he aint a good keeper, i just think Robbo will be a GREAT keeper. . .

Can someone tell me why tonights Spurs V Rangers match has been described as a `Glamour Friendly` by Sky Sports News all day?

CWright said:
Can someone tell me why tonights Spurs V Rangers match has been described as a `Glamour Friendly` by Sky Sports News all day?

:lol:

I really don't know why either CW. I wouldn't call it a glamour friendly. But the Rangers website, and national newspapers have been using 'glamour' as well. I'm sure Spurs fans agree that Rangers are not the classiest opposition to play.

Anyway, the match is live on Rangers TV and I'll be posting tonights goals (if any) in here and in the Rangers thread. Enjoy, and good luck for the match.

:shock: Robbie Keane broke his ankle. How the Rangers fans must be laughing. That and beating you 1-0 at half-time.

FD

nah, i'm playing cm online so it wouldnt play very well.

lol, well we provide you with a glamour tie and thats what kind of response you give our players ;)

Yeah. It was a decent first half. Paul Robinson was quality in goal. We could have had a lot more. Robbie Keane had a great chance but it resulted in his injury and after his substitution, Tottenham never really worked as well up front.

The second half started brightly but after the 65minute mark, the pace of the game had slowed dramatically. Gregory Vignal played the 2nd half for us in left back and played amazing. I'd like us to sign him.

There's a full match report in the Rangers Thread. If you want a vid of anything, just ask.

Back
Top Bottom