Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Is not much news but Clive Allen is back coaching the reserve team, or as Developmental Coach, as it says on the website http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?article=211451.

Its good that we've already got people in place that know the club and team inside out (Allen, Segers, Houghton) to give Santini and Arnesen a bit of help initially.

However, there is still not even a rumour about players we might be signing, maybe Santini is talking to all the past it French stars at the moment to get em down the Lane ;)

it looks as if the davids signing may actually happen then :shock:

the official website have also said theyv had bids for postiga from a few teams, most notably porto, but hes not for sale.

another one on the rumour mill is kezman (another forward ??????). would rather have him than kanoute but i still think 4 forwards of that quality is more than we neeed at the moment.

frankie says ..... hes confident of getting davids. although davids has sort of said he wants champions league football.

im still not particularly confident about it but he could be one of the most important signings in the clubs history if we do get him.

also linked with jankeluvski, nuno valente and tudor.

what would you guys say to us getting kluivert. id rather have him than kanoute and he would give us a bit of strength and height which the other 3 dont have.

Bit of a muchness with Kluivert and Kanoute imo. Both sulkers and can have their good days and bad days. . . .

i would only get kluivert if kanoute went. kluivert is basically a super kanoute though. everything thats good or bad about the malian wonder, kluivert is the same but double.

some italian tv station is saying davids has signed for chelsea now :x . its not definate but the prospect of him coming to us did seem a bit too good to be true. im still hoping but i cant say im overly confident.

You guys are in for a great deal. The spurs are preparing a swoop for Juve's Enzo Maresca.

I will cry the day Maresca leaves Juventus.

He was destined to be the future captain of Juventus. Everyone likes him(the supporters that is), everybody thinks he is great. Except for some reason the juventus directory. So noone understands why he is being sold?!
He is a big Juventus fan himself and wants to stay, it'll be a sad day when he leaves.
Juventus(for their standards) didn't have a great season, except for ofcourse Zambrotta and.. Maresca.

His contract expires after next season and there have been no contract negotiations. So a transfer is more than likely.

About his play: Well a cmf/omf i would say. A playmaker, who can defend and has an incredible good pass. His through passes are amazing:

http://home.swiftdsl.com.au/~grahambae/marescascoop.mpg

Skillfull player, not very fast but has guts, the technique to go past a player and is strong on the ball. Good freekick and has the abilty to score. Very complete player with a great pass. -> He will be a fan's favourite, i'm sure...

:-({|=

Sounds like the sort of midfielder we need, is he a leader Don? Playing in Serie A i should imagine he's used to defending his goal and keeping the ball and the game tight, any idea of a price?

He could be a leader, he plays very controlling so...

Price well I would not even sell him for 30 million, but my guess is about 6 million pounds?

Hmm it seems that movie doesn't work from that site, i'll have to upload it myself. Hang on, you'll be amazed.

was he on loan at west brom, i dont remember him . . . love to see some footage of him DD :)

lol, well you could mail it to me and i can put it up on me webspace?

don you should be his agent mate. nice video btw, defoe would have eaten that chance up.

he looks/sounds a bit too good to be true so i doubt it will happen :( . is this big/confirmed news in italy then ?

wev also been linked with joe cole. he could be a decent option on the left if we did have maresca and davids/van bommel/luccin/any other defensive midfielders wev been linked too, in the middle. not sure wether davies would provide the right balance on the right of midfield though if we did that. oh well its just seems like a new name every day at the moment.

what a bad effort santinis press conferance was :shock: .

Well the news is Tottenham and even Aston Villa are preparing a swoop for him, as Juventus is unlikely (:() to renew his contract.

It's still speculation, but not just a wild rumour.

Maresca's very versatile too ;).
I'm praying for him to stay in Turin!

I see Ronaldo has been dropping hints again.

Real Madrid striker Ronaldo has hailed new Tottenham director of sport Frank Arnesen - the man who nurtured him at PSV Eindhoven - and intimated he would be ready to consider a move to White Hart Lane.

Arnesen was responsible for bringing a teenage Ronaldo to European football in the summer of 1995 and the Dane was a father figure for the Brazil ace during his time in Holland.

He groomed the prolific hit-man for subsequent moves to Barcelona, Internazionale and now Real, and Ronaldo has admitted he would be tempted by the prospect of a reunion with Arnesen.

Ronaldo, 27, told The Sun: "Frank will be like a breath of fresh air and bigger clubs will be sorry they did not bring him over before.

"I've often said I want to play in England and that remains the case.

"Frank going to Tottenham makes me think of England again and it would be ideal to work under him.

"He is the man who discovered me and has been like a father to me since.

"Now he is going to work in England it reignites my interest in playing in The Premiership."

However, it is not the first time the South American star has hinted at a move to The Premiership, and he has subsequently gone on to play down similar declarations in the past.

I would absolutely love it if Ronny came down to the lane, but i really cant c it happening myslef.

loz said:
I would absolutely love it if Ronny came down to the lane, but i really cant c it happening myslef.

it would be the most ridiculous signing in the history of football, one which I would laugh about for the rest of my life - my favourite player with my favourite team..

I think there's more chance of Sonia Jackson becoming slim

Davis will turn out to be a good coup. Yet again, Fulham loses another good player.

STR said:
Davis will turn out to be a good coup. Yet again, Fulham loses another good player.

yep its (almost) official, player is agrreing terms and having a medical as we speak. . . .http://www.spurs.co.uk/article.asp?article=213055

I think he'll add some much needed youth and energy into our midfield, but is he the holding player we've all been talking about on here for the last year?

Waheey, its all kicking off today boys :)

Postiga out - Porto £5mill
Pedro Mendes in - Porto £2 mill
Sean Davis in - Fulham ?

Well good to hear we're getting two midfielders in, maybe Postiga to Porto will mean we have a striking berth for Ronaldo now ;)

Dont know much about Mendes but Davis will defo tighten our midfield up and give us a bit of passion in there. . . . its getting good :)

ALL HAIL FRANKIE!!

Back
Top Bottom