Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

personally i would have given Postiga another season if i was i/c at Spurs... but i guess Robbie Keane and Defoé will lead the line and Kanoute will be on the bench (if hes not playing for Mali). Is Zamora back at Spurs this season or he still stuck with the Spanners ?

SXFuzz said:
I think there's more chance of Sonia Jackson becoming slim

rofl, that was quality.

cheers for the info don, keep us informed if you hear anything else :D .

what a bad day, i cant believe wev sold el postigo pat. i honestly thought he was gonna become a spurs legend. oh well, hopefully we sell kanoute and get in a really big name forward (i heard that ronaldo guy isnt too bad :roll:. repeat after me lads, "re-als are feeder club").

davis should be a good signing, he did fail a medical at everton didnt he so heres hoping it goes through ok. i dont really know a lot about mendes to be honest. what do the portugese fans on here think ?

its a shame we're still not in for diego. i was watching a bit of the copa america. he would have been a superb signing.

cfdh_edmundo said:
personally i would have given Postiga another season if i was i/c at Spurs... but i guess Robbie Keane and Defoé will lead the line and Kanoute will be on the bench (if hes not playing for Mali). Is Zamora back at Spurs this season or he still stuck with the Spanners ?

nah, zamoras at west ham permanantly but they already want to sell him :D

i would have loved to see postie stay but im sure frank and co know what there doing (hopefully :shock: ). rebrov might be coming back too so even if we dont sign anyone else upfront we will still have quite a few options. ideally for me we would sell kanoute and get in someone else, but its not the end of the world if we dont imo.

do you know anything about mendes edmundo ?
all i know is that hes a defensive/all round midfielder but i have no idea if hes actually any good.

Rebrov is coming back, Daniel Levy said so the other week, stating he is still a spurs player.

All in all some good business I feel from Mr Arnesen, 2 hard tackling midfielders is what we needed. Sad to see Posti go but Arnesen was right, he came to early in his career.

yeah i saw him say hes still a spurs player but did he actually say wether he would be starting pre-season or anything ?

i was thinking about that arnesen comment too. hes probably right but wev just signed that defendi bloke and hes only 17. plus if that his belief wev probably got no chance (if we had any) of getting diego .

do you guys reckon davis and mendes will be starting in the centre or can you see someone else coming in ?

Have we actually signed that Defendi?

My brother told me about it, but ive heard NOTHING from anywhere about it/him!

Pedro Mendes is a solid player... he's fairly good but nothing special, sort of a squad player. Forgot about Rebrov, I think Santini might give him a trail run in friendlies, there is a good player lurking somewhere within him.

If I were you i'd sell Kanoute too, hes ok but seems to be either injured or playing in Africa for a lot of the season... which isnt much good to Spurs. He's also the oldest isnt he ? Basically Keane and Defoé are better than a fully fit Kanoute anyway. Im not sure how well he'll take to sitting on the bench either, whereas at least with Postiga u got the impression he wouldnt mind being a back-up striker.

yeah it was on the official site loz.

spot on about kanoute ed. hes also freckin lazy when he plays too. keane and defoe are both superb players but considering their size i think were gonna need someone a bit different for a few games. that could easily be kanoute but as uv basically said hes well unreliable. kanoute is the oldest but hes only about 26/27 so his age isnt a major factor imo.

yeah wev still got mabizela. after his goal against leicester he played a few times but we didnt see him after christmas. last i heard about him was he was dropped as captain of south africa for one game.

Cheers Ed, i dont think it was last weekend, it must have been when i was away ;)

Any of our S american readers know anything about this fella?

On the subject of King K, i totally agree with you's teo. On his day he is one hell of a player, but, unfortunately, his day doesnt come all to often.

And on the subject of MM, he's still very young, if i remember rightly, and we've got a hell of a lot of potentially good defenders, hopefully he'll be ahead of Richards in the pecking order this season.

Mendes is a bit like Maniche...very solid player, good vision of play, doesn't shot on goal so much but tactically is very good, does some great passes and plays simple. Porto fans are not very happy with his sale...I think it was a good deal for spurs! ;)

cheers soundtracker, he sounds like quite a promising signing.

hows the general news about postigas return gone down in portugal ?

not much fuzz about it...honestly usually only Benfica's signings are the most talked about here. off course we all know postiga is comming back to porto but they don't go on into much details and interview him and all that...

and maybe his comeback wasn't that important because people don't think he's the best option to be porto's striker (could have been Luis Fabiano) and postiga is far from being an europe top player yet, at least for non-porto fans...

most important is that postiga didn't come to Benfica (not the kind of player we need) and specially that porto didn't sign Luis Fabiano.

By the way...other characteristics of P.Mendes are his mental strenght (he usually gives 100%) and he's got great stamina too...in some aspects simmilar too maniche but more defensive player and maybe better vision of play. He didn't have many chances to show his quality in porto but he played very consistantly when needed, he was on top of the list of players that could have been called to portugal squad this euro04.

cheers again mate.

it sounds as if we might actually be quite solid with davis and p.mendes in the middle. from what iv read and from what uv been saying he definately seems to have the attributes needed for the premiership and if he can add a decent pass and a bit of portugese flair on top of that i certainly wont be complaining :D .

heh i bet your glad porto arnt getting luis fabiano. hes definately a player i would love at spurs (although i really doubt it would ever happen). im surprised chelsea are paying so much for drogba when he would probably be about half the price (although saying that, it is chelsea). where do the portugese press seem to think hes going now ?

are you happy about trappatoni too ? did you know he was our first choice before santini but his wife didnt fancy it apparently.

cheers again mate.

it sounds as if we might actually be quite solid with davis and p.mendes in the middle. from what iv read and from what uv been saying he definately seems to have the attributes needed for the premiership and if he can add a decent pass and a bit of portugese flair on top of that i certainly wont be complaining :D .

heh i bet your glad porto arnt getting luis fabiano. hes definately a player i would love at spurs (although i really doubt it would ever happen). im surprised chelsea are paying so much for drogba when he would probably be about half the price (although saying that, it is chelsea). where do the portugese press seem to think hes going now ?

are you happy about trappatoni too ? did you know he was our first choice before santini but his wife didnt fancy it apparently.

Luis Fabiano already signed for Barça (i think)
Trappatoni seems great to me...i always liked him but let's see how he does in benfica...it's not easy to deal with such club and we had dozens of coaches in the last few years...
I hope this year he can finally get back to the old glory times...

Good luck to your spurs too! ;)

Just been reading the pre-season tour diary on the spurs website and thought this was very funny:

THE flight opened my eyes to what Kasey Keller and his team-mates are up against back in the US of A. Seated with a young, mixed 'soccer' club from America on their way to a huge youth tournament in Gothenburg, the conversation went like this:
American girl: "What team are you with?"
Me: "Tottenham Hotspur."
Blank look.
Me: "You've only heard of Manchester United, haven't you?"
American girl: "And (the other team in north London)."
Me: "Never mind, you see that man over there (Kasey Keller was standing up), he is your American national soccer team goalkeeper."
American girl: "Oh."
Me: "Your national team is very good at the moment."
American girl: "Are they?"
Smiles. Turns iPod back on

:mrgreen: :roll: :shock:

Anyways the boys have started their tour, no matches yet, but lets hope for some encouraging news.

I Dont see what peoples problem is with Kanoute. I think before his injury and the Mali Incodent he was hailed a god. he needs backing from the fans and the management to get the best from him. Great news from the signings we have made and i hope that Jack can get us back to basics and playing some decent football.

I think the difference is down to Frankie. he is finally getting this once great team back to some kind of normality, rather than the bunch of crap we've been delt over the past 10 or so
years........Then again i think i've said that before :mryellow:

Two_blindmonkeys said:
I Dont see what peoples problem is with Kanoute. I think before his injury and the Mali Incodent he was hailed a god. he needs backing from the fans and the management to get the best from him. Great news from the signings we have made and i hope that Jack can get us back to basics and playing some decent football.

I think the difference is down to Frankie. he is finally getting this once great team back to some kind of normality, rather than the bunch of crap we've been delt over the past 10 or so
years........Then again i think i've said that before :mryellow:

nah surley this has gotta be the season you's turn the corner, some good young players a top coach and a new system at spurs, I would've thoguht optimism is kinda high right now....

yeah i know what u mean about King Kanoute TBM, he was on blinding form before he went away and scored one of THE goals of the season . . . he also gives us something different from defoe or keano . . .

Lets hope so Vann, we certainly deserve som eenjoyment, at least, after watching dross, year in and year out :)

loz said:
Just been reading the pre-season tour diary on the spurs website and thought this was very funny:

THE flight opened my eyes to what Kasey Keller and his team-mates are up against back in the US of A. Seated with a young, mixed 'soccer' club from America on their way to a huge youth tournament in Gothenburg, the conversation went like this:
American girl: "What team are you with?"
Me: "Tottenham Hotspur."
Blank look.
Me: "You've only heard of Manchester United, haven't you?"
American girl: "And (the other team in north London)."
Me: "Never mind, you see that man over there (Kasey Keller was standing up), he is your American national soccer team goalkeeper."
American girl: "Oh."
Me: "Your national team is very good at the moment."
American girl: "Are they?"
Smiles. Turns iPod back on

:mrgreen: :roll: :shock:

Anyways the boys have started their tour, no matches yet, but lets hope for some encouraging news.
LOL, so true, she probably knew who cobi jones was :)

Ok, first game of the tour out of the way. We drew 1-1 with Falkenbergs FF, a 1st divison Swedish team.

From the website:

We opened up our friendly programme at our Swedish training camp with a draw against Falkenbergs FF on Tuesday night.
Lee Barnard got the ball rolling for Jacques Santini and our new continental-style management team with a fine first goal of the summer after 21 minutes.

The 20-year-old striker finished clinically from Marcel McKie's cross, sweeping home on the half-volley from eight yards, as a youthful line-up competed well against the Swedish Superettan outfit.

Barnard was one of the night's plusses as the new boss took a look at the younger members of his squad - 17-year-olds Jamie O'Hara and Phil Ifil played the second half - and was unlucky to see a second goal disallowed for offside.

The home side, well into their domestic season, had a fair share of the game and eventually equalised via Bjorn Carlsson's fine chip in the second half.

The team was:

Spurs: Burch, Kelly (Ifil, 45), McKie (Slabber, 45), O'Donoghue, Bunjevcevic (Doherty, 45), Hughes, Marney, Jackson, Ricketts (O'Hara, 45), Yeates (Price, 67), Barnard (Malcolm, 67).

I think its great that the new coaching setup were happy to play all these young players and give them a chance to shine. Good news.

Next game we will see the likes of Defoe and Keane getting a run. Vs FC Copenhagen on Thursday..

looks like your getting Bobby Convey from DC United, guys your getting an excellent player, he should fill in the left side of the midfield quite niceley, he is pacy player with a great left foot, he also is a US national team regular, i hope he does well

Yeah, i saw about this on the tv yesterday . . . .Dont suppose anyone has any clips of the fella?

csaunders said:
looks like your getting Bobby Convey from DC United, guys your getting an excellent player, he should fill in the left side of the midfield quite niceley, he is pacy player with a great left foot, he also is a US national team regular, i hope he does well

No shit!? Bobby's heading to the EPL?! Fuck ya!! I have been critical of his finishing, but i love his motor and his pace. The EPL will toughen him up and get him to think quicker. And its definitely gonna improve his last touch.

. . . another jersey to buy. :l Another team to support.

Congrats CSaunders. and my condolences, too, as you're losing one of DC's more exciting players.

Yeah we were in for him last year but complications put it on hold.

Sounds like a good signing if it does go through this time.

Tottenham Vs FC Copenhagen - 2-2

Richards and Defoe scored.

Defoe man of the match

Yay.

Stuart said:
U think u will get out of the bottom half of the league this season?

now, now stuart. . . . if we can get off to a good start then i can see us getting a european spot.

Back
Top Bottom