Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Spurs Thread: Jol new Head Coach!!!

i just wish we dont have another BS season of midtable position

Well it looked like it was going that way under Santini anyway, so at least with Jol we might be playing some decent football. Hopefully we'll also start playing Carrick a bit more, he was outstanding last night, so i am led to believe . . . .Also good to see Keano and Defoe filling their boots as well!!!

Haven't seen Carrick yet but heard he was pretty good. Personally, I can see that the problems are still going to be in the middle at Spurs for a while. The defence is being put under a lot of pressure and you've still got Jamie Redknapp at the club (we (LFC) knew he was a journeyman when we got rid of him what seems like aeons ago now). Time to bring in some new blood in the transfer window?

well if jol really knows what he's doing then the derby should be a good one

nike121 said:
well if jol really knows what he's doing then the derby should be a good one
Scrappy game, some poor defending, but at least we have shown we CAN score goals.

stupid dump blunders but WHAT A GAME.....9 goal thriller sadly we lost but Jol is going to make us a good side i can tell lol

So the truth is out. Santini didn't leave for personal reasons. It was because he couldn't agree with Arnesen's transfer policy, particularly Carrick. Something about the left hand not knowing what the right one's doing (in French of course :lol:

Apparently said it during interview at the game today for French radio or something. :roll:

santini is a b*tch nuff said......and btw carrick is amazing ....did u even see him play against em gooners

Hey, I didn't say I thought he was crap. This is Santini. Basically 'cos he didn't get to choose his players he decided to fly the coop. From what I've heard, he's pretty good.

i good liar too ....my @$$ he had family prbs

Re: Spurs Thread: Get well soon Deano.

did u guys hear that santini was going to buy jan koller ...the TOWER lol
mmm coners would have been more interesting then, of well andy reid is coming to us during the next window....any idea who else?

Let's hope Dean Richards is alright. Wouldn't want to wish that on anybody.

i know, i hope it is just a silly old ear thing....all us spurs fans shall pray for his recovery

Well its been a week for the lads to recover from the latest loss to the gooners, so lets hope they can give a good performance tonight. King should be back and Davenport is in line for his debut to replace Gardner . . .

We have also been linked with Van Bommel again, which would give us more depth in centre mid, but i still cant help but think we need some more wide players?

Defoe is to be handed a new contract to keep him outta the clutches of Chelski . .

And it was also good to see Ricketts getting a start against the Boro on Sunday!

Belgian papers report that Spurs would be interested in Thomas Buffel (currently Feyenoord).

Easy Guys long time no see

Man this season is even weirder than last but i am quite enjoying this term and hopefully peoples views wont change of Jol as i like him and think he will continue the good work he has thrown in so far.

Bit worried bout Tonights game though but thats only because of some Dichead spurs fans getting cocky coz we have won one game. Personally tonight should be a tight affair and i think liverpool will actually start the better. then the game will open up and we should see spurs finnish on a high.

Betting tips if anyone cares

Half Time/Full time: Draw/Tottenham
Score: 2-1 Spurs
First Scorer: Millor

Putting a bit of money on that. been doing shit recently though as we have been very inconsistant. made a 1-1 bet on the arse game with Naybet first scorer and those bastereds had to ruin my good start :)

Hows everyone doing?

Anyone else got a prediction?

Hello mate, it HAS been a long time. I think it will be a tight game, hopefully our first team should see off the 'Pool kids team ;)

i'm going 2-1!!

Bad result, we should have won it, but alas Keano failed to deliver.

Even sadder news is the loss of Bill Brown, our double winning 'Keeper, RIP.

loz said:
What is your opinion on him gerd?

He's undeniably the most talented Belgian player after Kompany...But this generation of Belgian football players is one of the weakest ever.
Last season he was one of the best players of Feyenoord. This season Gullit is Feyenoords coach and he prefers to play Kuijt and Kalou upfront (Kalou instead of Buffel).
IMHO Buffel's best position is as OMF but Gullit puts him on the bench.
He has one enormous diasadvantage: he is rather small.
Techically he will be one of the better players of Tottenham, there's no doubt about that. I have some doubts if the game gets very physical...
All in all he might be an asset for Spurs.
For whatever it's worth: he is still one of the Feyenoord fans' favourites and Gullit has repetedly told that he considers Buffel a very professional player.

Freddie Kanote was the one who cost us a Semi spot. after supplying the pass to Defoe to put the game in our favoure the then handles for no reason to give them a penaulty. all everyone else will see is that we lost to Liverpool Reserves but we pissed on them and if it was not for some great goalkeeping and wasted chances we would have walked away with a 3/4-0 win. not to much to worry about except we have blown our best chance for europe.

Jol would have absolutly bolloked Kanoute for what he did. may be his time to go?!? which is a shame because before his injury last season he was prolific now he gets some scapes but is wasteful when it matters. lets hope he proves me wrong against Blackburn coz i dont think i can take another good/bad displayy from him.

Anyway my prediction was nowhere near right except the half time Draw prediction. oh well better luck next time i guess.

I've heard a bit about Thomas Buffel on Skysports news he would be another Blondel as he is lightweight but saying that i really liked Blondel and if he was given a chance and got on the weights a bit he could have been a very good asset to Spurs. If we get him then i say give him some Weightgain 4000 and send him down the gym for a few weeks the try him out in the first team :)

Onwards and upwards COME ON U SPURS!!! :mrgreen:

I see a strange pattern with Belgian players in the Premiership. Most of them have lots of (serious) injuries: Nillis, De Wilde (manchester City), Van Damme (Southampton), Van Buyten (Manchester City),...This cannot be a coîncidence...If Buffel comes i hope he doens't get injured.

Blondel is considered as one of our greatest talents. But it just don't seems to work out for him. Didn't played at SPurs, now he is at Brugge (played superb after new year last competition, easily the best player in the competition). But now he's blocked by Ceh, constantly on the bench...
I only saw him once or twice and i like him and yes i think Buffel might be the same type of player.

Yeah i saw Blondel for Spurs Reserves and even his 20 minute (and only) game in the prem. and i rated him so highley. he was a great little player and at a time when we had Anderton/Poet/Rednapp/ in the midfield how he did not get a chance as he was as good a footballer as the lot and was 10 times faster. problem was he was over powered when it mattered. he was a nice lad and its a shame he aint getting his chance at Brugge either. Mabey he will come back to spurs as he can see we are investing in youth for once :mrgreen:

Really good result yesterday for the boys. They had to battle hard, but we looked pretty solid and dominated play. And also good to see Keano getting on the scoresheet!

Nice FA Cup draw, home game against Brighton!!!

Fukin Spurs Fans are starting to get right on my tits at the mo. when Jol Started it was all Give him time lets have a settled period blah blah. now 5 weeks into his reign there already nit picking. i fukin hate bein assosiated with such a bunch of dikheads. for example i was casualy reading News of the world and stumbled across a Question for the fans, it was to the spurs faithful saying "Is Jol the answer to your problems". well lets see, he speaks his mind, he defends his club like a manager should, he shows people who are boss, and the players seem to want to play for him. Now he said that he reckons 10th/11th place will be an improvement which is true last year we were relegation fodder and finnished 14th, so its a good thing to finnish higher yes? Anyway one fan bloated that this wasn't good enough for a club as "BIG" as Spurs.................uh we havent been a "BIG" club for a decade mabey longer we have been a rotting courps, were a joke to most people so what have we really got to lose by givin this guy as long as he wants to change us to euro contenders again. I Said when Santini Took over that mid table finnish and some good cup runs this season would make me happy, I stick by my thoughts.

Man sorry for that needed to tell someone, my mates are sick of me already. i can see why people think spurs fans are fickle.

Great result for the lads on Saturday. we really need to get at least 9 - 12 points in the next 5 games. we aint doin bad away this season but home form is letting us down. ah well on and up :)

COME ON U SPURS!!

totally agree mate, we have had too many managers and not enough stability recently. Hopefully the men in charge will give Jol as long as he needs, he has an outstanding record after all . . .

Back
Top Bottom