Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: Spurs Thread: Get well soon Deano.

news from the underground is that we are about to sign Hallfredsson on a 2 and a half year contract. he is an Iclandic Left Winger/Striker and is only 19. we have had him in for 2 trials so this news has got some truth in it. Keep your eyes peeled for the breaking news.

Also Hoddle is Wolves new Manager :| Good Luck to him :) no i mean it :mrgreen:

i wonder where kanoute is going to be after Jan

nike121 said:
i wonder where kanoute is going to be after Jan
If he keeps scoring hopefully at the Lane!!! Another good win by the lads again today, and two back to back clean sheets. One Martin Jol, There's only one Martin Jol ;)

martin jol is just making us go higher and higher i just wish hoodle gets nailed at wolves....i dont want that prick near WHL

Man another win another clean sheet plus two away victories in a row :shock:

Dare i say we are only 3 points away from the top 6 and we are playing palace and norwich before new years. as a Spurs fan i will now look at past seasons and just ignore these facts as i know we are spurs.

But you just cant help it can you

COME ON YOU SPURS!!! :mryellow:

Yeaaa COME ONE YOU SPURS ......we might get the uefa after all :D:D

Two_blindmonkeys said:
news from the underground is that we are about to sign Hallfredsson on a 2 and a half year contract. he is an Iclandic Left Winger/Striker and is only 19. we have had him in for 2 trials so this news has got some truth in it. Keep your eyes peeled for the breaking news.

Also Hoddle is Wolves new Manager :| Good Luck to him :) no i mean it :mrgreen:

Sky Sports have now stated that we will sign him in the new year on a 2 1/2 year contract.

Ment to be the most promising young Iclandic player about so old fun time frankey may have struck gold.

any idea of a fee mate, or is it on a free?

Yeah i saw about this on the bbc website yesterday. There's also news of us making a £5mill bid for Joe Cole. Not sure about this one, sure he seems a great prospect, but has never really done it consistently for me, also where would we play him? He never looked comfortable out wide for West Ham and we have far too many central midfielders already.

Re: Spurs Thread: Joe Cole coming to the Lane?????

I dunno. i think cole is a luxuary player but at the same time i do love the guy. i think if we do buy him Jol will play him wide right as he seems to like the Brown - Carrick link up. and when Davis gets back i have a feeling it will be Davis - Brown coz they both work like Horses in the middle of the park and if he doesn't then he will of made his first error in my book (not that it matters what i think). Then i would put cole on the right and Reid (if we do buy him) opn the left. so the midfeild would be

Reid - Davis - Brown - Cole

That would be the youngest midfeild i think we have ever had but with cole and reid you have two flair wingers creating then Bruser Brown and Davis Ripping the Opponents Midfeild to shreads. then with players like Carrick Mendes and Hallfredsson as Replacements for injury or suspension we could have a really good midfeild. infact it could be as strong as the rest of the team for once.

Dunno if we will sign cole though, can never trust what anyone says during Transfer time near the Lane :D

Come on you Spurs :mryellow:

Two_blindmonkeys said:
I dunno. i think cole is a luxuary player but at the same time i do love the guy. i think if we do buy him Jol will play him wide right as he seems to like the Brown - Carrick link up. and when Davis gets back i have a feeling it will be Davis - Brown coz they both work like Horses in the middle of the park and if he doesn't then he will of made his first error in my book (not that it matters what i think). Then i would put cole on the right and Reid (if we do buy him) opn the left. so the midfeild would be

Reid - Davis - Brown - Cole

That would be the youngest midfeild i think we have ever had but with cole and reid you have two flair wingers creating then Bruser Brown and Davis Ripping the Opponents Midfeild to shreads. then with players like Carrick Mendes and Hallfredsson as Replacements for injury or suspension we could have a really good midfeild. infact it could be as strong as the rest of the team for once.

Dunno if we will sign cole though, can never trust what anyone says during Transfer time near the Lane :D

Come on you Spurs :mryellow:

Mendes has been our best player this season. I hope he doesnt become backup/

Yeah i know but i have a feeling that If Mendes was Jols first choice Middle man he would have been there for every game that Jol been incharge of.
I think he prefers Brown as he works his bollox off for the Team. and he loves Carrick. I feel once Davis gets back to fitness he will look at the options and go for steel and power in the middle then look at a more flair opption on the flanks. its a shame coz Mendes has been our strongest and most consistant performer. but i like Brown he wares his heart on his sleeve and Carrick should become the player he was soon But he is a bit lightweight at times. Mendes will probebly go at the end of the season coz Jol may not need him as much as the others. as i said before thats a shame if im right

my god did u see the trashing soton got ...Defoe is just too good !!!

Yeah another great result, we need to keep this run up over the festive period if we are to put ourselves in the european hunt!

Jol is a very good coach, I told you guys before. I've wanted him to coach Ajax for a while now, but considering his success at Spurs, he might not ever come back to Holland.

Hello gents

Long time no see, hope everyone is doing alright.

Great result yesterday, thats the best iv seen us play for absolutely yonks. Plus we owed soton one from that cup game a few years ago (have fun in the championship wupert !)

Personally im not to sure about carrick to be honest. He was fantastic yesterday and long may it continue but before yesterdays game hes looked pretty terrible imo. It looks as if it was quite good man management by jol bigging him up though. Completely agree about mendes, it will be a real shame if he leaves cus the guy is class. Brown has done well but when he returns i would personally stick davis back in with carrick for the time being.

Id love joe cole at spurs, I know hes a total show pony but I thought we loved those players down at the lane. The only issue for me is wether he would suit whatever formation jol wanted to play. Iv heard jol preferred using a 4231 formation (same as chelsea basically) in holland and if he decides he wants to use that instead of 442 cole would be a great player to have in the middle of the 3. God knows how defoe would get on in that formation.

What do you lot reckon is gonna happen in jan ?
Iv heard willhemson is on his way and hes supposed to be pretty sh*t hot. Iv also heard carlos alberto mentioned (yes please !!!!!) and I wouldnt be surprised if figo gets mentioned again. I know its mostly bull but bring on the speculation !

joostebrood said:
Jol is a very good coach, I told you guys before. I've wanted him to coach Ajax for a while now, but considering his success at Spurs, he might not ever come back to Holland.

Cheers mate. Thats good to hear. Hopefully his reputation back home can nab us a few top dutch youngsters =)

There aren't a lot of Dutch youngsters I think. Maybe Sneijder has the talent. There's this new striker playing for Ajax, but Defoe is such a good player, I don't think Jol wants a 17 year old fella replacing him. Although the 17 year old fella (Ryan Babel) has scored a lot the last few matches.

I love to see Spurs doing so well, I have always had some sort of sympathy for them.

Cheers mate.

It seems as if were quite well liked in holland thanks to our reputation and tradition attacking football which is something the dutch certainly seem to appreciate. Both bergkamp and davids were spurs fans as youngsters.

What would be the chance of getting someone like van der vaart if none of the top european teams came in for him ? I imagine its pretty hopeless but I can dream cant I =)

Van der Vaart isn't playing that good the last 1.5 season. I guess it's possible since some of the big teams lost their interest in him. I personally would like to see it. The main player you should buy is Landzaat, that's a realistic thought and the best midfielder in Holland at the moment.

Well done Spurs. Nice to see Kanoute playing well. Even if it was against relegation favourites you still have to finish them! Michael Carrick looks a steal.

Carrick looks like he is getting his confidence and sharpness back which is great for Spurs. Defoe is a leg-end and will hopefully get in to the high 20's in the goal tally. cant get carried away though as we were playing a bacic Southampton side......then again saying that we still did the job and toasted them :)

Jol is a great Couch, i would go as far as saying hes the best couch we've had for my time as a spurs fan. he is so honest and does not get carried away in the moment, even at the end of a 5-1 win he still see's room for improvement in the team and he biged Saints up really. great guy and good to see the press praising the team coach and fans for a change.

Norwich will be a tough task and i dont wanna get too optamistic with dreaded Christmas games comming up. But if we do get the results then things will be set up nicely for a euro push.

COME ON YOU SPURS!! The Futurs bright the futures Orange!! :mrgreen:

lol when u said orange did that mean dutch :D

yea i cant wait to see defoe's next goal. it's jsut one top goal after another, the guy is a dream come true for us spurs fans

the left flank player coming in, i'd want to know more about hima dn some video's but no finds from google so far.

Carrick o carrick what a player :D he really fights for the ball altho i like mendes as well ....well atleast jol knows what he's doing

nike121 said:
lol when u said orange did that mean dutch :D

Of Course :D

Defoe is one player that spurs cant lose because when hes on form the rest of the boys are on form too.

Jole will get the best out of his players so Defoe can only get better aswell which is a scary thought far all premiership defences.

if Carrick can play like that consistantly then he will also become a Spurs Legend, lets keep out fingers crossed ai :D

Whats everyones thought on Norwich. i thinking potential Bannana skin, as jol rightly said they are fighting for there lives at the mo. If we get the early goal though like against the saints well have the points in de bag. if its 0-0 though for 60 or more minuets we will be Struggers.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Jol is a great Couch, i would go as far as saying hes the best couch we've had for my time

Sorry mate, but I wouldn't like to sit on him! I think you mean coach. :mrgreen:

i reakon we can trash norwich if defoe does something to lower their confidence...then the goals will start coming in

Back
Top Bottom