Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The team were absolutley awful. The only good player on the pitch for us was Robbie Keane, as always. Even in the second half, we just didn't know what to do when we got in the last quarter of the field, it was incredibly frustrating.

Gary Doherty, well he's not even hardly worth mentioning. What a complete donkey - his bad challenges led to two of their goals.

I'm just crossing my fingers we can get a win against City on Monday, otherwise we could get sucked into relegation if we're not careful.

yeah, i was gona write that but thought i'd leave it to one of the minians ;)

i'm really getting fucked off with this year in, year out mediocrity. do you guys reckon we'll ever get outta the rut we seem to have been in since scholar sent us down the tube?

big game on monday against us mancs a loss and we will pull you right in it. it just depends witch city turn up!

all i can say is, worst start possible, lets hope we do them 4-3 this time eh!?!

1-1 draw. Defoe backon the scoresheet and we picked up a point. some positives but still not a great result considering man city's form this season.

why does the title say diego and van bommel? i heard that van bommel doesn't want to play in england. he's linked with schalke 04, but they don't wanna pay 6.000.000 € for him.

has anyone seen this game today? can you tell me what fowler was like when he got subbed they said on sky he was furious!! although he did miss from 3 yards out.

roque check out his back log of stories on planetfootball and soccerage and theres been comments from him saying he would like to play in england etc and that he would like to play for spurs. theres also comments from the schalke manager saying he wants to join them and would rather play in germany. its upto you who you wanta believe i guess.

the title should be taken with a pinch of salt as i doubt we will get either player but we have had confirmed bids for both players (not officially accepted though).

jamie i was at the game but i wasnt really paying attention when he came off.

todays game really was awful lads. surely you have to agree that sacrificing one of the four forwards for more strength in other areas isnt that bad an idea now monkeys ?

apart from all the usual culprits iv had enough of redknapp. he gets a fairly decent reception from the crowd but i havnt rated him for a long time. hes basically a statue who bottles everything and can only pass a ball sideways.

a few fans were singing we want pleat out just before half time which was a bit ott imo.

oh well we should avoid the relegation battle but its another season where we finish by crawling over the line after a series of v poor performances.

Van Bommel's agent has been saying its likely he will go to Germany now, with Schalke his likely destination. Make of that what you will, maybe we'll go after Bicky Nutt in the summer ;)

thats just what his agent was sayign yesterday, now Van the man himselfis saying he'd like to play in the EPL. perspnally i think they are just trying to get a better deal and arent fussed where he goes. if that is the case, germany can have him.

i saw his full interview with sky yesterday and hes said hes having talks with us next week although he gave no indication of wether hed prefer the prem or das bundiesliga.

*iv just read lumlums link now so there ya go but he definetaly said it

van persie has also been quoted as saying were interested in him and he'd consider us

thats gonna be some midfield if we can get in all these big names. there hasnt been any news on diego though recently. last i heard his dad had bought an appartment in milan but thats about it.

I they do get these big names then spurs might really have something extremely good going for them. But I wonder if Robbie Keane will still be there next season? I got a feeling some big club will be eager to offer a nice sum for him.

isnt he getting on a bit now? he must be 35 easily, i'd like to see us continue getting these younger players in, or 26/2 tops.

hmm lumlum i wouldnt really hold a grudge against robbie if he did move on because some one of his talent deserves to be playing at a higher level but we dont really need to sell (so it would take atleast 10 mill) and im not sure if any of the top 5 would really fancy him at the moment. if he does move on and we get a good price though theres plenty of decent forwards out there for 10 odd mill these days anyway.

redondo could be a cheap stop gap for a season i guess but i doubt its true. id love joe cole or diego as our play maker but id take the argentinian over redknapp or dazza.

i doubt all this will come off but its definetely positive that were going for the likes of diego and van bommel plus the chairman sounds as if hes confident of getting a top class boss next season. heres hoping

he doesnt seem to like ricketts much does he. he's really gotta go (Pleat that is).

jamie_mack said:
nottingham forest have today rejected a bid of 5million plus ronan rickets for Andy reid!

It would have been a massive improvement for spurs' midfield...
Imagine Reid - Brown - Redknapp - Dalmat...

it seems we definitely havent got a manager in place yet. Levy has had an interviwe with the spurs website and they way he's answered the question sounds like they're still looking. link here.

I think it would be important for spurs to hire a foreign manager to change the players' mind...
a manager like capello or cuper would be perfect

and also a complete shock too.

Capello has stated today he's staying at Roma.

I don't care as long as the manager we get is passionate, no-nonsense and not called Pleat

dont hold out much hope for the gooner game, lets see what happens . . .

if arsenal win it shall prove once and for all that there is no justice in being a football fan.

if we play like we did against the goons last year then i reckon we have a pretty good chance of winning but as our form has been so bad i just cant see where a good performance is gonna come from.

it looks as if we have offered it to mourinho but hes more than likely gonna turn us down.

i reckon allardyce would do a good job.

2-2 point will keep you fellas up as well, not that it was ever really in doubt

what a game !! best atmosphere and half of football iv seen in ages. seeing how wound up the arsenal players were after was the icing on the cake. they're light years ahead of us and just won the league but they still come across as a bunch of arrogant c**ts who have no idea how to win gratiously. love it !!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom