Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it depends if anyone wants him now cus it hasnt been that great and maybe if big changes are made at spurs in the summer he might not want to leave. saying that though i wouldnt be surprised if he was playing for the toon next year stu :( .

Spurs really need a manager, Pleat is useless. What happened to Rojan Ricketts ? Is he injured ?? You boys might as well play Postiga upfront for the next few games... i think your season's over - you wont go down or get in the UEFA Cup now - might as well give youth players a chance and also try and get Postiga to score a goal (or maybe get a buyer for him).

there seems to be a BIG lack of passion down a the lane over the last few months. curbs on his way?

Jermain and Big Tony are in the England squad for the friendly, hope that they can book seats to Portugal, especially Jermain, go on son.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
STR said:
Stuart said:
i do hope Carr does join the toon, no offence.

Ah, but he's a confessed gooner. :)

If Spurs spend big on world class players he will stay. all he wants to se from us is that we have "Ambition" :roll: .

But just like Arsol he probebly will go to Arsenal. He actualy supports them i think :l

I heard he was one of the brainy members of Spurs :mrgreen:

IceMan_Bergkamp said:
Two_blindmonkeys said:
STR said:
Stuart said:
i do hope Carr does join the toon, no offence.

Ah, but he's a confessed gooner. :)

If Spurs spend big on world class players he will stay. all he wants to se from us is that we have "Ambition" :roll:

Gonna have to bid more than £1.5mill for Van Bommel then.. :roll:

Carr can fuck off for all I care, he always gives own goals away and is generally shit.

We need a new manager and about 6 new midfielders if we want to challenge for the Champions League next season, a defender or two might not hurt either.

sh*t it doesnt, good job we have a 15 mil share issue then !

iceman u not aware of negotiation then ?? ;)

we should have quite a bit of money this summer and i can see one of kanoute or postiga going which will boost the funds a bit.

big game on saturday lads. hopefully we can somewhat makeup for another wasted season by doing those 'bunch of rotten eggs'. doubt we will win but for some unkown reason im fairly confident of atleast a draw.

faiers said:
we should have quite a bit of money this summer and i can see one of kanoute or postiga going which will boost the funds a bit.

Kanoute leaving? Hell i didnt see that one? Posti yeah but Kanoute? Is he not getting his game now or is he not performing?

hes still rated quite highly boro but hes only got one league goal since october so were not particularly reliant on him especially as we have defoe now. if he does go it will be cus of the mali situation mainly i reckon. around xmas there were rumours that a club had offered us a double your money offer (one of the north east teams apparently) so i have feeling if thats true that could be why we bought defoe.

"PSV midfielder Mark van Bommel has admitted he is due to hold transfer talks with Tottenham Hotspur in the near future.
Spurs have been on the trail of the Dutch international for some time, although they face stiff competition from German outfit Schalke for his signature.

However, van Bommel has now hinted that England is his preferred destination when he decides to leave his homeland in the summer.

"I know how good the Premier League is and it would be very nice to play there because the level of football is so high," he stated.

"Tottenham is a big club and a sleeping giant. We are going to hold talks in a few weeks and see what happens.

"I have no clear view of the club at the moment, but I am going to speak with Mr Pleat in a few weeks and see what they have planned."

Van Bommel added: "I know there have been rumours about me going to Germany, but Tottenham fans can sleep easily at night - I want to play in The Premiership."

its all coming together !!!

Faiers that is not true, where did you find that news? Van Bommel never stated that.
Shalke is more appealing to Van Bommel at the moment. Also Dortmund is interested, if Dortmund can come up with a concrete offer; That might well be his preffered destination.

super mick mcarthy said:
anyone see Taricco crack duff in the face?
what an arsehole, hope he gets banned

he's always been a temptuous like w*nker. i hope we get rid of the twat.

Yeah we should get rid of Taricco, he's bad for the club. Though his blatant fouling (and managing to get away with it so often) makes me laugh. He's a liability though.

Anyone seen any pictures of Jamie Redknapps cut lip? Apparently it was really bad and he was rushed to hospital for plastic surgery. They've got a couple of small pics on the website but its hard to see what happened.

Anyway, thought we gave Chelsea a real run for their money yesterday, and we at least deserved a draw. I think, depending on players brought in, in the summer and the new manager, that we can be a real threat next season. We're playing well now, just not scoring. We need Davies back fit, he's a real driving force in our midfield when he plays.

By the way, how did the ref let Terry get away with the handball!!! :(

Kanoute, Postiga, Redknapp, Poyet, Bunjevcevic, Acimovic, Anderton, Richards and Ziege all out in the Summer, we need new players.

spursrule said:
Kanoute, Postiga, Redknapp, Poyet, Bunjevcevic, Acimovic, Anderton, Richards and Ziege all out in the Summer, we need new players.

Why would we get rid of both Kanoute and Postiga, it dont make sense. we finally have a strike force that can compete with the best in this leauge and we dicide to get rid of half the strike force.

Personally i cant see us getting rid of Freddy coz he is a great striker and would be the biggest mistake we have made in years.

What happens if Defoe or Kean go through a lean spell or get injured, what shall we do then throw in Slabber or Bernard....Great that will really put the wind up our opponents defence.

I for one will be discusted if we sell Fred coz to me he has been one of the Best buys ive seen from this club for a long time.

Postiga needs time to adapt. Like Edu of Arsenal has done. and when he does he will be a great striker no doubt.

The only person i would like to see gone next season is Two Bob Twat Pleat. only then can we grow as a club and as a squad.

Pleat has done what he needed to do this year which is not to get us relegated but for fuk sake he is a laughing stock. And did you here his post match analysis after Chelsea......What a racist c*nt!

loz said:
what comments TBM?

From Skysports.com

PLEAT BLASTS CHELSEA MORALS
Saturday 3rd April 2004

Pleat: Morals

More Tottenham Hotspur stories:

Spurs heading for new Mali row
Spurs v Chelsea preview

Tottenham boss David Pleat believes that Chelsea's big-spending regime is morally wrong - and that Claudio Ranieri is indicative of a worrying new trend of mercenary coaches.
Pleat is currently in interim charge of Spurs, but believes his passion for the game is becoming rare.

The experienced tactician is angry that an 'immigrant' squad of players at Stamford Bridge is corrupting the foundations of the game.

”Chelsea are a bought team and apart from John Terry and Frank Lampard, they are a bunch of immigrants,” said Pleat.

”I like a level playing field and there's a morality issue here.

”[Foreign coaches] have a different philosophy. They come in for a period of time, they are gypsy-like in their mentality.

”They are just coaches, they don't worry which country they are working in, don't get involved in the politics or even go to watch Scunthorpe on a wet and windy night.

”They are a different breed and whether this is a good thing for the English game, I don't know.”
Immigrants! Gypsy Like! What the fuk is this guy on about. 20 years of trying to Kick Racism out of footie and Pleat sends it back to squar one. i am sick that this c*nt can get away with saying that. He should be Slaughtered for that and i'll be fukin extatic when the board finally see him for the tw*t he is.

Don Domenico said:
Faiers that is not true, where did you find that news? Van Bommel never stated that.
Shalke is more appealing to Van Bommel at the moment. Also Dortmund is interested, if Dortmund can come up with a concrete offer; That might well be his preffered destination.

these comments have been all over the net and in the papers as well mate. it might not be true but it has been in pretty much every paper and footy site i read.

what was up with juve defence against inter btw don ? i could have sworn i was watching spurs way they defended from that corner. if you need some re-inforcements at the back im sure a swap deal involving the doc and nedved could be on the cards :D .

monkeys, i agree its great having four strikers but you does it not annoy the hell out of you that we have people like kanoute and postiga on the bench (worth how ever much) with the amount of donkeys that are still in the first team. personally i dont have anything against any of our forwards but the quality in our team definetly needs to be distributed out into other areas a bit more. 3 good forwards and then a youngster like yeates is still more than strong enough and personally i would happily scarifice one of kanoute of postiga for a quality 5+ mill player in one of our many problem positions.

i cant stand pleat but ill give him the benefit of the doubt over those comments. im sure its him just trying to be funny and trying to make a name for himself as a bit of a personality rather than any malicious intent. hes probably got to be the only person in the world who can make a comment about the increasing foreign influences on our domestic game yet come out sounding liek a neo nazi.

thats a bit harsh spursrule dont ya think considering he bought defoe and still plays king, gardner, richards, defoe, kelly etc

even so i still hope he f*cks off in the summer.

i'm with you on this one faiers, a curb-crawler Pleat might be, but not racist. still, that doesnt alter the fact we need him out in the summer.

loz said:
i'm with you on this one faiers, a curb-crawler Pleat might be, but not racist. still, that doesnt alter the fact we need him out in the summer.

Wee Willie Pleatie
Kerb crawling through the town
Back streets and Kings Cross
In his night gown
Rapping at the windows
Crying through the locks
"How much for a quickie love?
And can I wear my socks?"

:mrgreen: he he he :lmao:

loz said:

Yeah your right and Pleat is probebly not a racist as such but he needs to shut his mouth if we are to be respected by any player outside our great England who may be interested in joining. Why doesn't Houghton do the Interviews after?

monkeys, i agree its great having four strikers but you does it not annoy the hell out of you that we have people like kanoute and postiga on the bench (worth how ever much) with the amount of donkeys that are still in the first team. personally i dont have anything against any of our forwards but the quality in our team definetly needs to be distributed out into other areas a bit more. 3 good forwards and then a youngster like yeates is still more than strong enough and personally i would happily scarifice one of kanoute of postiga for a quality 5+ mill player in one of our many problem positions.

But why not have both. i mean we have alot of quality in the side and all we need is a commander in midfield really. and we've got £15 mill apparently for that! give them a couple of seasons and then get rid of who eva doesn't wanna be in a winning team. Hay Kanoute may be our Soulshker :l ........Sholshker :x .........ah fuk it the baby faced assasin!

I dont see the point of changing our front line yet until we have sorted out our other positions.

lol at the baby faced assasin comments but imo im not so sure were in a position were we can afford both. if we can afford both then great , theres no point getting rid of a fourth forward just for the sake of it but imo were still probably in more need of 2 more defenders and 3 midfielders than a fourth forward.

its nice to have the options upfront but at the moment a decent cb,lb, cm, lw will benefit us more imo and personally i think having 3 6-10 mill pound forwards is more than strong enough to push us up to the level were aiming for.

i see what your saying but is kanoute gonna make the differance between us and the other teams competing for a top 5 finish while players like the doc, taricco and redknapp are still getting atleast 20 games a season each. i guess we just see the strengths, weakenesses and priorities of the team a bit differently.

Back
Top Bottom