Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4-4, first time we scored 4 goals in 3 consecutive games for 20 years!! Defoe 4 in 3 games. come on boys.

I've got heartburn!!

What a shambles our defence is, saying that we collapse when ahead is a vast understatement.. Why did Pleat take our most attacking midfielder (at the time) Brown off for another striker? We needed creativity in midfield. Ah shit. Tottenham aren't unpredictable or inconsistent, because i know that after halftime we will come out as a different side! Full credit to Jermain tho, confirming himself as our best signing for a long time.

I'm fed up of being mad, sad and simply furious with our side. Instead i'm gonna be a cheeky bastard like Pleaty and be optimistic.

-Robbie's got 8 goals in 9 games
-Defoe's got 4 in 3 games
-Kanoute has been scoring freely in England and when in Tunisia
-Johnny Jackson made a mistake today but the whole team was and his was mainly down to inexperience
-Postiga has good jokes for on-the-bench entertainment

NOTE: No positive defensive comments. No further comments

Well I've got to admit, it's a rollercoaster ride being a Spurs fan; but I wouldn't want to support any other club. As soon as we get a decent defence, we're going to be a really strong team. We have no problem scoring, it's just defending that is the hard part.

Not to take anything away from Leicester, but three of their goals are down to us more than them.
1st goal - Doc's fault for misjudging the header and pissing up the clearance.
2nd goal - Jacksons fault for fannying around with the ball
3rd goal - Ok, you can have that one Leicester.
4th goal - Carr's fault for making a weak pass back instead of clearing

So, in fact were it not for the defence we would've won 4-1. See, we have something to be optimistic about. :D

But Pleat, you're a good manager, but surely you can see that we would be better with King at the back? By the way, Defoe is an awesome signing for us - best thing the club has done for ages. :mrgreen:

All i can say is that the mutual must be hopin were on sky every week.

What a joke our CB are. its not even funny anymore its embarrising.

King and gardener at CB please Mr Shit for brains (Pleat incase your wondering)

Well our striker problem has now gone but the more confident they seem to get the less the whole team feels about defending.

cant wait for the next match, 10-9 anyone? :l

Two_blindmonkeys said:
cant wait for the next match, 10-9 anyone? :l

Nah its verses us so you've got no chance of a high socring game ;)
0-0 mebe?

Can't wait for the derby game. Henry will rip that Spurs defence right open. Although Defoe could cause some trouble if Campball and Cole aren't playing!

Sorry King not for England...

I think Spurs v Arsenal this year will be the best yet. all that attacking play, all those goals. we always up our game vwrses Arsenal so this game could be the match of the season, No joke!

doh wasnt logged in, ill post again incase a mod wants to delete the previous one !!

don porto are a better team than spurs at the mo but mourinho wont have the same limitations at spurs that he has at porto. the financies and being in a more competitive league would allow him to take spurs further than maybe what he could do at porto. spurs are very poor at the moment but our resources are exactly the same as arsenals so hypothetically we can acheive anything they have plus if he is the man thats turns 'spurs around' it would do wonders for his reputation.

hey boroboys ill be visiting your part of the world for the boro - spurs game. our coach sets are coach 1, row a, seats 1 and 2 so god knows how many spurs fans are gonna bother turning up.

iv kind of just accpeted that our defence is a complete joke at the minute and i have no hopes for it untill the new manager comes in. if we were ever gonna do anything this season we needed to sign nicky butt in all honesty. oh well, if we can keep this level of attack up and the new man sorts out the defence (and central midfield) then we will have one hell of a team next year

dcj the spurs defenders actually manage to concentrate in the arsenal games and have done really well in the last two spurs-arsenal games at the lane.

faiers said:
hey boroboys ill be visiting your part of the world for the boro - spurs game. our coach sets are coach 1, row a, seats 1 and 2 so god knows how many spurs fans are gonna bother turning up.

what time will you be due to get there? I'll be there,
North Stand, Block 17, Row 30, Seat 41

er i think im block 62 row 19 (south stand away section ???).

i have no idea what time ill get there mate, it depends on how quick or slow the coach is but im having to leave my house at 11.30 so its gonna be a long old day. at a guess id say 7 though.

Stuart said:
what are everynoe's opnions on Carr's future?

i think it depends on who comes in during the summer, both manager and playing wise. wouldnt suprise me to see him in a gooner shirt in a season and a bit tho!

faiers said:
er i think im block 62 row 19 (south stand away section ???).

i have no idea what time ill get there mate, it depends on how quick or slow the coach is but im having to leave my house at 11.30 so its gonna be a long old day. at a guess id say 7 though.

He should be on his way up here by now then. Gonna be a cracking night - official flag night down by the riverside, the atmosphere will be booming. Im predicting a cracking game as well, couple of goals. Here's to a good game tonight fellas...

Bit of a crap game really. We deserved the win but it wasnt anything special. Fabulous penalty miss and Job missed unbelievably but a good finish from Nemeth. Looks like your quick firing strikers have finally cooled off;)
Unlucky fellas anyway

defoe and keane just did nothing, we could have done with kanoute to hold it up a bit etc but oh well. most of our players did nothing really apart from king and brown and what the fudge is richards on, i swear he was trying to give you the game at one point.

is the atmosphere normally like that boro or was it just all the fairweathers turning up after the cup win ?. i have to say it was a laugh taking the p**s out of the da da da chant :mrgreen:

i cant beleive you scored right after keanes sort of one on one especially as it was our throw in as well :( .

Lol that atmosphere's usually better than that its just we couldnt get ourselves going after giving it all for the parade and cup - we expected more of the game to be honest. The Da Da Da chant?

u know the song thats always played over the tanoy (sp) when you score and everyone does a little dance to is. the spurs fans were singing it fairly loudly when maccarone missed the peno. the boro fans sung it even louder when you scored though :( .

ha ha more of a game - too right so did i but if boro normally play like that its no wonder they drop quite a few points at home ;) .

i have to say i like the way the stadiums right by a river (riverside duh). is that huge cruise ship owned by the club btw ?

Nah it isnt - its a commericial one - pretty good though, converted into a bar and its there every game!

Back
Top Bottom