Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

back to winning ways today boys. also got a clean sheet which is promising, trouble is the forwards have now stopped scoring (1 own goal in the last two games!!!)

Well we've conceded 1 goal in 2 games, which is good by our standards. Clearly the trip abroad, in which they put a lot of effort into defensive work, paid off. Good move by the coaching and management.

Haven't seen the game yet, but its good to get a win over the Toon Army. Maybe we can still get into Europe?
:D

My brother was at the game, in the executive box at WHL - and met Defoe and Poyet after the game. He also met Trigger from Only Fools and Horses and Tony from Blue apparently. Star studded, eh?

ben.franklin said:
My brother was at the game, in the executive box at WHL. He also met Trigger from Only Fools and Horses and Tony from Blue apparently. Star studded, eh?

Heh, don't get too moist mate, they were probably Geordie fans

Yeah i know and so was I.

Has anyone uncovered more information about our new boss yet? We're not too far off the end of the season, surely some information has been leaked. In past reports the officials have said they are very confident they will get their man and he knows about the summer transfer targets...

i really hope we can get the Porto coach, he's got a pretty good record for them, altho i'd also be happy with curbishley or O'neill!!

where'd ya hear that, certainly like the sound of van bommel but dont know much about diego. another defender and hopefully robbo also gonna be coming in.

G'day guys..

First post and I thought I would introduce myself in the Spurs thread. My beloved Spurs... Hello to you all!!!

Van Bommel will be class signing as would diego altho I am not sure we need him, a name like this would go a long way.

Would love to c Trap altho he cant speak great english... O'Neill would be the bomb

Would like to see Van Persie aswell as I think he is class, a dutch midfield would be sweet.

Althogether I think things are looking the best we have seen for a while, however just finishing somewhere above tenth would be nice this season.

We always finish tenth.

Peace

loz said:
where'd ya hear that, certainly like the sound of van bommel but dont know much about diego. another defender and hopefully robbo also gonna be coming in.

Been all over the news, I think he is coming in the Summer, but I think Diego is going to turn his back on the club who were about to sign him if it were not for his passport problems.

Anyway, Robinson, Van Bommel and another quality central midfielder will do me for this summer.

We need quality no quantity

King still keen on Portugal call-up

football focus said:
King eyes Portugal call

"I just hope to keep playing well until the end of the season," King told BBC One's Football Focus.

"If I can do that there's a chance of me maybe sneaking in the back door. That would be a great moment for me."

King partnered Gareth Southgate in his full international debut last month, scoring England's only goal in the 1-1 draw against Portugal in Faro.

And the Spurs defender says he wants to emulate the Middlesbrough captain and become a successful "leader".

"I've got a lot of admiration for Gareth.

"He helped me tremendously in my first start and he looked after me.

"He's a leader on the pitch, and he's a top guy off the pitch as well.

"If younger players can look up to me in that way when I'm a bit older, that's what I'd be looking for."

Peter Taylor is the next Spurs manager. You heard it here first.

H4wk3y3 said:
Peter Taylor is the next Spurs manager. You heard it here first.

not a chance, i used to go and watch Southend when he was the manager and let me tell you he couldnt manage a piss up in a brewery.

what do you guys reckon about ranieri, i reckon he would do a decent job you know. anyway out of the dozens of people wev been linked with i reckon most would be pretty awesome. unless its a proper let down theyv surely got to do better than the previous half a dozen bosses anyway.

van persie diego van bommel and davies would be a ridicoulsly good midfield. i cant see us going for it that much although van bommels been making some interesting noises in the media but as already said the diego deal is looking a wee bit dodgy. if not diego how about joe cole, hed be a great addition at spurs. he may be a 'playground' footballer but tis what we know and love down the lane.

proximus you obviously havnt been reading the programme recently :shock: if you did you would have the seen the celebrity fans match prediction table which features one of the guys from blue !!! its quite funny actually, out of all of them theres only been about 3 correct predictions all season. oh the joys of the match day programme.

i'd like to see both joe cole and ranieri at the lane, could both doa good job, but first we need adefensive mid.

Max payne for white heart lane!!!...............He's the only guy with the sense to join such a rubbish team afterall!

(Before you start rambling spurs fans) I'm only joking!!

van bommell would be a great signing.......On paper anyway!! I think that screamer he scored a "the lane" against england is still fresh In many spurs fans minds..................

Joe cole names being passed about aswell. What the feck has he ever done!?!...........He had a bigger reputation than rooney, owen and gerrard as a teenager.

Whereas owen, rooney gerrard have proved they can cut the mustard.....

............Joe cole has been wildly over-hyped. :l

zzz i dont think we have much chance of getting rooney gerrard or owen to be honest :mrgreen: . admittedly joe cole isnt as good or even half as effetive as those guys which is why hed be good at spurs. hes not really good enough or unwanted at the top 5 at the moment but he could be a big player at a club like spurs who are trying to build a team that can break into the top 5 plus flair players always go down a treat with the spurs fans. thats the problem with joe cole he just hasnt lived upto his reputation as a wonder kid so people have kind of dismissed him abit but imo hes no worse than the equivelent player at newcastle in jenas and thats the sort of standard were looking to acheive next i guess.

in some senses i dont think he is over hyped cus u can see how much natural ability he has, its just imo its his footballing brain that severly lets him down. thats still something that can develop under the right coaching and dont forget he still has time on his side. i agree though that hes hardly the saviour of english football which is what people were making him out to be when he was barely even 17.

yeah in a few of the comments van bommels made about spurs hes said he loves the stadium cus of that goal.

i completely agree that a def mid is the priority loz. both van bommel and butt would do me fine but if we go another summer without signing one ........... why i outta :x :x .

The main thing is we get a good manager in who can get our squad into shape.

We need four new midfielders because Simon Davies is playing really rubbish football and should be sold and get in Van Bommel, Diego, Butt and Van Persie.

We also need an experienced centre back and a new left back, maybe Convey of the USA or someone who is quick with a lot of potential.

whatttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!! simon davies has been awesome since hes been back and you only have to look at how we picked up straight away as soon as he was back in the team, and then started falling on ur asses again as soon as he was back out.

thats crazy talk man :l

yeah, davies is quality, we have a few decent midfielders tbh, just need that bit of steel and maybe a bit more attacking quality, down the wings, someone with a bit of experience. otherwise i think our midfield would be fine.

spursrule said:

We need four new midfielders because Simon Davies is playing really rubbish football and should be sold and get in Van Bommel, Diego, Butt and Van Persie.

We also need an experienced centre back and a new left back, maybe Convey of the USA or someone who is quick with a lot of potential.

No need to go overboard mate we dont need that many new Midfielders. Brown has done a good job since he came in so i feel he should stay in. Jackson and Ricketts are both good young players and i would hope are both in the first team consistantly next season. Davies is a Quality player who witout our midfield seems to have no real drive so he must stay. Get rid of Poyet, Anderton and Richards. Bring in Butt, Joe Cole and Matty Upson and we will be looking at a decent young team. full of potential and just waiting for a quality manager to make them the best Spurs team in history :mrgreen:

PSV have announced they have turned down a bid from us for Van Bommel. . . . also Davies, Anderton and Richards are all out of the game against Southampton, according to the Spurs website.

spursrule said:

Nicky Butt is constantly linked with Spurs, but why would he ever want to go there??

This is a man who has won the Champions League, appears in it every year, has won all major honours in the game, can Spurs even offer a chance of any of that??

Plus Van Bommel or Van Persie are not going to join a team who aren't gonna be in Europe.

I agree Diego would be a good buy but he is young and un-tested in the Premiership, bit like Postiga..... ;)

spursrule said:

Convey is going to be class, its too bad you could not get the deal done for him last year.....

PSV reject Spurs' van Bommel bid

by Gerrit van Leeuwen

PSV Eindhoven have reportedly rejected an offer from Tottenham for Dutch international midfielder Mark van Bommel.

Tottenham have a long standing interest in the midfield general, having tried to sign him last summer, and it would appear the White Hart Lane board have been monitoring his situation of late.

With interest growing in the midfielder, Spurs are reported to have come to the table with an offer believed to be in the region of €2 million, but PSV chairman Harry van Raaij has indicated they will have to substantially up the ante if they are to win the race.

German titans Schalke are also eyeing the midfielder and posted scouts at PSV's Uefa Cup win over Auxerre on Thursday.

Representatives from Aston Villa were also in attendance and must have come away impressed, having witnessed van Bommel produce a fine all round display and score a goal in the 3-0 win.

PSV have made it clear they will allow van Bommel to further his career if a decent offer is tabled in the summer, but Spurs have been warned they will have to raise their bid - especially with interest growing on the continent.

"It is nothing concrete," PSV spokesman Pedro Salazar told Sky Sports News. "It is true we are talking to Tottenham about Mark van Bommel.

"I believe they made an offer, but PSV did not find it good enough to go through with the negotiations.

"It is something we are waiting on.

"We know there is a lot of interest in our players, Mark van Bommel being one of them.

"Mark has been here for five years and sooner or later we know the big players are going to leave, that is the way of life for PSV.

"That is the situation and that is nothing new.

"If a club from England or Spain or Italy comes, we know the players will go so it is just a case of trying to secure the best price for PSV."

looks like Tottenham will have to coff up a little bit more the €2mill they offered...

cant believe they offered so little. hopefully we'll make him a major target.

Butatista said:
spursrule said:

Nicky Butt is constantly linked with Spurs, but why would he ever want to go there??

This is a man who has won the Champions League, appears in it every year, has won all major honours in the game, can Spurs even offer a chance of any of that??

Plus Van Bommel or Van Persie are not going to join a team who aren't gonna be in Europe.

I agree Diego would be a good buy but he is young and un-tested in the Premiership, bit like Postiga..... ;)

nicky butt no longer needs medals and honours as he has them coming out of his nose, he basically needs first team football and im sure at this stage of his career its more than plausible that he might rather be a major player at a club like spurs than continue to be a bit part player at utd.

as for van bommel his agent has said that who ever he signs for may not neccesarily have to be playing in europe and i dont see any one of europe major clubs showing an interest. anyway the bottom line with van bommel and maybe van persie is that if we can convince them that we have realistic ambitions to be in the champions league in the next few years (decent manager and spending 15 plus mill again would surely be evidence of that) then not being in europe this year shouldnt be a problem at all.

dont worry loz, levy always seems to be keen on opening with really low bids (even so that story may not be true) but i feel that our record in the transfer market under him does show that hes willing to pay a fair price for players. its good to see that were definately in negotiations anyway.

csaunders, yeah it was a bit of a shame but do you reckon he would be good enough to make an immediate impact in the premiership ? hopefully it goes through this summer.

lost to soton today so any faint hope of europe is officially gone. what happened to the team that was scoring goals for fun just over a month ago ?

oh well, apart from the chelsea and arsenal games bring on june.

Back
Top Bottom