Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well jermain scored on his debut, we conceded another three goals, but this time managed to get the points and the win. roll on the sumemr.

oh, it seems as if raddy antic is gona be our new coach, he did reasonably well in spain, from what i can remember and has played in england with luton, albeit a few years ago. what do u boys reckon?

Whats up with these 4-3 score lines. They are like buses you dont see a 4-3 score line all season then baaaaaam 3 come all in the space of a week!

Man this sort of form takes me back to the Ossie days of footie. 4-3's every week, win or lose you were entertained. 5 strikers on the pitch, young boys in the park jumpers for goal posts.......brilliant just what we need. i reckon ronnie corbet should come manage us next year. him and pleaty could be the new comedy double act "little and stupid". i know Poyet scored the winner but he is past it and if pleat cant see this(just like Hoddle) then we havent moved on very far this season as he keeps saying we have. Pleat is making the same mistakes that he critisised gHod about. he's getting crazyer by the week!

i think weve moved on from the city game cheers.

i totally agree with yo about Poyet TBM, tbh i thought he was past it last season.

what do you reckon on Defoe and Freddi (when he gets back) as our two out and out strikers with Keano in behind? Chivers was on Sky sports news earlier saying he thought we should be playing all three week in week out?

Sounds good but we would defenaitly need the Nicky Butt type behind Keane to make up for the fact we will lose a Midfielder.
i love playing 4-3-3 in any soccer game i play and its such a good formation to watch if its done right. i say if we were to play this way the best formation would be

----------------Keller--------

Carr----King----Gardener----Zeige

Davies---Brown(to be replaced by Butt)---Ricketts

---------Defoe----------Keane

---------------Kanoute------

Ricketts, Davies and brown would give loads of energy in the midfeild and defoe and kean can creat and score freely. we would rip defences to shreads cos the front men can swap round and cause al sorts of confusion. you could use different methods but this uses our best players.

The reason d-man is not there is because i would use him as a back up OMF to swap with Defoe or keane for the simple fact the boy cant defend so would be useless in the midfield.

What do ya think of that little play

id still keep Dalmat in and yeah i like the fact we'd be able to give more going forward. i think defoe right up there with Freddi tho as he is a born scorer and seem him as more of a box type player. cant wait til we start actually getting a few leaders and ball winners in the side.

ya reckon Richards will be leaving in the sumemr TBM? apparently he was getting booed something rotten before the Pompey game.

Yeah i hate those c*nts that boo our players. their the gays that cheered when United scored last year cause it ment The Arse didnt win the league....T*ATS!!!!.

I reckon we would be ok if he left but im still scratching my head to why we let Perrydiniho go coz he was a good solid lad. Richards is a good player but his confidents has been riped to shreads. i wouldn't blame him fo leaving.

Yeah i supose you could have defoe with Kanoute and Keano behind. it would be just as affective. my only problem with d-man i have is he is not a Midfeilder that would work in a 4-3-3 but he could swap with keane in that OMF place behind the strikers if needed.

my dream would be next season seeing this line up

---------------Robinson--------------

Carr----King-----Garden------Zeige

Davies--------Butt---------Ricketts/Jackson

---------Keane---Diego------------

-----------Defoe/Kanoute---------

yeah that looks quality, and it would mean that i dont think we'll be paying the dollar for D-man. not if we're gona get diego, butt and robbo. i think Freddi is a must starter as he gives us that strength up front that we dont really have without him. not sure about Ziege as a left back tho, wing back yes, but i'm always a bit wary about his defensive capabilities. Jacko is looking pretty good when he's been involved, what has happened to Ricketts btw? havent seen him playing lately?

Thats because Pleats a c*nt. I reckon he'll go like Blondel has because Pleat wont give hime a regular spot in the side. i dunno what that guy is thinking but its not "what is my best eleven?".

i feel that the only other player we can play at left back at the mo would be Gardener coz i am not putting Tarrico in my starting eleven, not even if you paid me

yeah i'm astonished Tarry has been at the lane for so long tbh. its obvious he isnt up to EPL standard as a rightback but playing him at left back, with his wrong foot isnt gona help the fella.

lets just hope the new boss does look for his best eleven and sticks with ricketts when he gets here.

Another win, another goal for Defoe, things are rocking again. this leaky defence is typical Spurs. even when we had the great Gary Mabbutt we shipped goals like they were going out of fashion, d'you reckon we'll ever have a solid D?

whats going on with spurs they think they can outgun the north london giants with hefty scorlines ;)

Man at this rate were be leading scorer/conceders in the league :mrgreen:

The first two were lucky as fuk but after the way are season has gone il take anything.

Kings goal=Class
Jacksons goal=Brilliance

Watch out Chealsea 3rd place is ours!!! :mrgreen:

That defoe will do well at spurs. But I do feel he maybe using spurs as a stepping stone to get noticed by the big clubs again. If say a man utd makes a bid for him in the summer or 2005 jan window, I wonder where his loyalty will lie with the club then.

Don't really care because thats the sad thing about football, loyalty means fuk all. look at Sol Campbell he was ment to be a spurs boy through and through but he left us for arsenal!

the way i see it if he fires us into europe we can buy other strikers as good as him cos were in Europe. really he is playing footie for a team that will adore him and when a big three team does come i wouldn't blame the lad. who wouldn't want to play for Manure, its a dream come true. the point is when push comes to shove no one is loyal to their club not even Henry. if a bigger fish comes along its hard to say no. football is a short carer to be involved in and you want to play for the best team.

The special thing with Henry is that he loves the club, the fans adore him, visa-versa so as long as Arsenal and the fans want him he wont ever leave, quite simple. Real have been after him for ages and yet time after time he's reiterated that he's got no intention to go to them, he's even getting bored saying it. Now that's what I call real loyalty.

mate we thought exactly the same thing about sol. id love to see how loyal he is if arsenal get knocked out of the cl straight away finish 3rd or 4th next season well behind chelsea and man u and madrid turn up with 40 mill. i dont wanna have a go cus he does seem like a fairly loyal player but showing loyalty to a team while there doing well is one thing, showing it when things arnt going so well is a completely different thing altogether.

as for defoe if we sell him on for 12 odd mill in a few years i certainly wont be moaning. id far rather have a player doing a job then moving on for a proft than just throwing money down the drain like we have done for the past 5-6 years.

cant beleive the charlton game, the boys did us proud. next game is home to leicester and if we win we will be right in the mix up for the european places.

looks as if antic and curbishley are out of the running - trapatonni ???

mate we thought exactly the same thing about sol. id love to see how loyal he is if arsenal get knocked out of the cl straight away finish 3rd or 4th next season well behind chelsea and man u and madrid turn up with 40 mill. i dont wanna have a go cus he does seem like a fairly loyal player but showing loyalty to a team while there doing well is one thing, showing it when things arnt going so well is a completely different thing altogether.

as for defoe if we sell him on for 12 odd mill in a few years i certainly wont be moaning. id far rather have a player doing a job then moving on for a proft than just throwing money down the drain like we have done for the past 5-6 years.

cant beleive the charlton game, the boys did us proud. next game is home to leicester and if we win we will be right in the mix up for the european places.

looks as if antic and curbishley are out of the running - trapatonni ???

Jose Mourinho has revealed he turned down the Spurs job earlier this season, but also said he wouldn't be leaving his current club Porto until the end of this season

story

Hmm.
Mourinho from Porto
Postiga from Porto
=
Postiga in the starting line-up
Relegation fight? :mrgreen:

proximus said:
Jose Mourinho has revealed he turned down the Spurs job earlier this season, but also said he wouldn't be leaving his current club Porto until the end of this season

Hmm.
Mourinho from Porto
Postiga from Porto
=
Postiga in the starting line-up
Relegation fight?

:mrgreen:

Lets hope so ;)

Nickybaker said:
proximus said:
Relegation fight?
Lets hope so ;)

Hey..! Watch it mouth. We'll be right up there when we reval Big Ron as our manager in t'summer.

On another note, Sergei Rebrov has reportedly said he wants to return to Spurs. No, not because he doesn't like the food on the bench at Fenerbahce, it's because he wants to go back to something he once did a coupla years ago. Playing football. At Spurs. He's been quoted as talking about how Pleaty has already told that Spurs depend on him coming back for them in the summer. Maybe so they can sell him..? In my eyes, Sergei Rebrov's career was ruined by Glenn Hoddle.

story

well Freund is coming back to the lane for the first time tomorrow, as well as Walker, Sir Les and Thatcher. should be a convinving win against a Leicester side that has run out of steam since their reasonable start to the season, hopefully we can really push on for that European place now.

Well it looks like we're in for another "entertaining" game at the Lane. 2-1 inside 15 minutes. Two errors, involving one past and one present Spurs player.

FFS...!

Defoe, 3 in 3 :D

Defoe and Keano are really linking up well and also banging the goals in, anyone know when Kanoute is back or is he on the bench today?

Back
Top Bottom