Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

what a result, things are starting to look a bit better. a win on sat and a decent signing and there will prolly be champions league talk again :mrgreen:

personally i dont think we will sell anyone while were in our current predicament, especially after the club stated that their not in negotiations to sell anyone after all the recent speculation.

iv heard that theres a double your money offer for kanoute on the table but even though its probably bollox, if it does happen it will be in the summer.

dalmat is superb, we really have to sign him.

dare i say it but iv also heard a rumour about diego :twisted: . cant see that happening either though to be honest.

im gunna wait and see about that. i dont know a manager who hasn't been linked to us this season so we'll have to wait and see.

Dman Scored two Made Brums defence look like a pub side. he will probebly be wanted by Inter when his loan runs out. especially if he carries on like this.

Good to see Davies back and when fit should nok Gus out of the team................then again i've been saying that for two seasons now.

Professor Nutmeg said:
If Dalmat goes back to Inter, he will sadly continue to be ignored no doubt.

Nah surely they wont let him go back.

Cracking win for you's last nite though, two good results and alls well at WHL ey ;) :D

well as well as it can go after our cpap start. Problem with spurs is normally we have a good start playing nice footie and sitting in the top 6, then after chrimbo we turn to a side who cant win a game if you let us.

i guess this year will be the opposite and were still finish 12th.

mmmmm 12th place does seem quite a nice place to be at the moment ;)

Dman must stay if Spurs are realistic about becoming a consistant European force

Looks like Levy's trip to Holland was for more than just weed and hoes.

Looks like Van Bommel is on his in...

And after Spurs asked FIFA to investigate Fredi's heritage (which I think is cheeky as fook) he's now been given full clearence to play for Mali..

so he's on his way out..

The thing with the Fredi thing (for me) is that he's well within his rights, but, he's gone about it the wrong way as have Spurs in dealing with it.

I just hope Spurs fans dont blame him if things go pear shaped cos he'll end up making you eat ya words, either playing for or against you's.

Yes i agree

He is the most concistant Striker we have had for years and if we lose him over this bollox i for one will lose alot of hope in how far the board and club wish to go.

Fredi is a class act and we NEED him more than he needs us so he can do what he likes really.

i think spurs have done the same as alot of teams have done in the past but as its spurs the press and opposition fans are pickin on it alot more coz its us. im not biggin us up at all but everyone loves a laugh at spurs.

Fredi will go to Africa after the Leeds game and return hopefully fully fit and ready to punish Premiership defences again (ihope so anyway)

Vannizzlefashizzal said:
Nickybaker said:
Two_blindmonkeys said:
im not biggin us up at all but everyone loves a laugh at spurs.

That is very true ;)

Dont worry fella, city are about to proper crumble, the english media loves to see Kev fall on his arse so you'll get a few mins out of the spotlight :)

thank christ for that :mrgreen: i might be able to ware my spurs shirt without getting picked on by those damb kids :mrgreen:

Trap to spurs eh, personally I think it would be a wrong move for him having managed Bayern,Juve,Fiorentina but Spurs :shock: they should get an EPL manager in who knows the league, no offence guys. ;)

bobogol said:
Trap to spurs eh, personally I think it would be a wrong move for him having managed Bayern,Juve,Fiorentina but Spurs :shock: they should get an EPL manager in who knows the league, no offence guys. ;)

They have but it hasn't worked.

im still not 100% convinced about kanoute. hes a good player but i think a few people are making him out to be a lot better than he really is. hes only scored one league goal since the leicester game and that was against wolves which really isnt great. the one thing that really bugs me is how often and how quickly he will just become completely disinterested in a game. away from home in the premiership whoever is leading the line has to run their nuts off and i cant help think that he is half the reason were doing so poor away from home. ill reserve my full judgement for a while though.

i guess if we do get trapattoni it will be in the hope that he can have the same sort of affect that robson had at newcastle (ie experienced manager coming in and turning things round quickly). we could do a lot worse.

as monkeys or loz said though its bascially a differant manager every week at the moment.

bobo you may think hes above our level but personally i cant see trap getting a job at another european giant and money talks ya know. your probably right about getting a premiership manager though. im starting to think allardyce could be the man but i wouldnt say no to mourinho :mrgreen: .

faiers said:
im still not 100% convinced about kanoute. hes a good player but i think a few people are making him out to be a lot better than he really is. hes only scored one league goal since the leicester game and that was against wolves which really isnt great. the one thing that really bugs me is how often and how quickly he will just become completely disinterested in a game. away from home in the premiership whoever is leading the line has to run their nuts off and i cant help think that he is half the reason were doing so poor away from home. ill reserve my full judgement for a while though.

i guess if we do get trapattoni it will be in the hope that he can have the same sort of affect that robson had at newcastle (ie experienced manager coming in and turning things round quickly). we could do a lot worse.

as monkeys or loz said though its bascially a differant manager every week at the moment.

bobo you may think hes above our level but personally i cant see trap getting a job at another european giant and money talks ya know. your probably right about getting a premiership manager though. im starting to think allardyce could be the man but i wouldnt say no to mourinho :mrgreen: .

To be fair he was injured from the leicester game and made his comeback against Man shitty and set up keane followed by a goal against wolves.

i dont blame Kanoute for the bad away form coz we have been shi'te away from home for as long as i can remember. infact if we didn't play so well at home we would have been relegated years ago.

Kanoute sholdn't be blamed or ridiculed or be treated any different just because he wants to play International footie. thats being fikkle.

I would say that as far as managers are concerned it doesn't matter what country your from. if you have the footie knowledge and the name to attract the sort of players that make a successful team then you can manage in most leauges. yeah there is a different style in each country but footie is universal and doesn't follow a text book.

Keano getting back amongst the goals and hopefully another three points on the board, 1-0 and 15 mins to go.

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!!!

Dazza. said:
I think the return of Simon Davies has inspired the team since his return from injury 2 wins out of 2 ;)

its actually 3 out of 3 dazza, but i know what ya mean ;)

well we're finally getting on something like a bit of form, lets hopw we can get a good run in the fa cup and get ourselves into europe.

monkeys he scored against city in the cup on his comeback !! but even so only one league goals since then isnt firing on all cylinders. dont get me wrong hes a good player but people are making him out to be amazing but personally if someone came in with 8-10 mill in the summer id accept it.

i know our away form has been bad for years but you have to admit its been particularly awful this season. yesterday was a decent performance and a great result so hopefully more of the same but all the others apart from that have been really dreadful. imo if kanoute did work harder away from home we would have had a lot more success so far this season, or atleast not been as dreadful. we wernt sparkling away but when ferdinand played he kept the line busy and gave the rest of the attack something to work of. im not having a go at kanoute cus of the international business or are you just talking in general mate ?

im not majorly concerned but it would be a bonus if the new manager knows what the premiership is about. as you say a good manager should suceed in most leagues but you can be that bit more certain about a manager with domestic experience.

I think Kanoute is a fantastic player, I thought that when he was at West Ham too. He gets a really clean strike of the ball and has got a great touch. Don't forget that even when he isn't scoring he's setting it up for other players.

Also we have Kanoute to thank for Dalmat too. I just hope Spurs sign him when the loan's up! :mrgreen:

Inter are expected to put a 12 Million price tag on him so i doubt the board will couch up.

i wern't avin a go faiers just talkin bollox like i normally do.

well another good result but it was Leeds and i feel even we can beat them at the mo. the next few games are must wins if we are looking to finish on a high. Pompy at home hase to be a win as does Liverpool. i feel if we can get a few more points then european places wil be an easier to reach but i feel much the same will happen for the rest of the season.

Yeates to end Brighton stint
McGhee was keen to keep Yeates
Mark Yeates' loan spell at Brighton is not being extended and the player will return to Tottenham next week.
Albion boss Mark McGhee was keen to keep the 18-year-old at the Withdean Stadium for longer.

But McGhee said: "Spurs feel now that they want to see him come back there to see how he has come on.

"He is close enough to their squad that they want to start to integrate him at that level. It's fair and we've got to accept it," he told Brighton's website.

Good to see Yates coming back. he was looking good in the reserves and hopefully this means he is in the plans for Pleat.
Diego seen at heathrow airport

parj writes "Well i work at heathrow in duty free, and guess who i saw, Diego, however it was not this that caught my attention, it was the Spurs bag on his shoulders
!"

this could all be bollox but hay im willing to listen to anything that involves spurs

Brown at the double
13 Jan 2004 00:15

Michael Brown
Michael Brown is targeting the Premiership after scoring twice on his debut for the reserves last night - not bad after describing himself as 'rusty' afterwards.
The midfielder - 22 goals to his name at Sheffield United last season - was straight on the scoresheet for his new club as the reserves trounced Coventry City 5-0 at Stevenage Borough.

His first came after 29 minutes, a run and precise finish from Rohan Ricketts' pass, and his second eight minutes from time, another low drive into the far corner.

"It's always nice score but my main aim is to get in that first team and score a couple of goals in the Premiership," he stated afterwards.

"It was just great to pull the shirt on, to get out there and get a game under my belt. It's been four weeks since my last game so I was a little rusty and breathing a little heavy at the end. I was happy to get through it.

"Overall it's been a chance to get to know the lads, backing your team mates up when they are in a difficult situation and that's how you get to know people, in the dressing room area."

Good to see Brown get off to a flyer. Ricketts played quality and if all goes to plan both should feture in the squad for Liverpool or Pompey

Intresting stuff bout Butt but knowing us were let him go to someone else. hope the board and manager finally wake up and relise that he is the midfielder we have been serching for for the last few years

i like the sound of diego coming to spurs, he is supposed to be a top top quality playmaker, altho i still wana see a bit of steel and leadership in the middle of the park. lets see what happens i guess.

I think this would be a good signing for Spurs, bit too flimsy in midfield for my liking so this is just what you need, a no nonsense Manc :)

From Sporting Life:

Tottenham supporters have challenged chairman Daniel Levy to start delivering his promises by making an all-out attempt to sign Manchester United midfielder Nicky Butt.

The Tottenham Action Group have reacted to reports that England international Butt, who has put in a transfer request, would be available for around £5million by urging Levy to take him to White Hart Lane.

A spokesman for TAG said: "Mr Levy recently stated that the club's proposed share issue is aimed at improving flexibility in the transfer market, so this is a great opportunity for him to flex his muscles and add an international player to the team.

"It has been widely reported that Butt is for sale and it is no secret that Spurs need a combative central midfield player in that mould.

"Therefore he is exactly the kind of player who should be considered by the board and identified as a real transfer target - especially as the fee seems reasonable in today's market.

"Also, if Chelsea are trying to prise away Scott Parker from Charlton then why shouldn't Tottenham be doing the same, especially as we reportedly tried to sign him in the summer?

"The team have benefited from the full backing of the supporters in recent weeks, particularly since we dropped into the relegation zone and we have enjoyed a 100 per cent start to the New Year. Now is the time to move onward and upwards.

"David Pleat, the club's director of football, told this week how he has just missed out on signing Edgar Davids, so here is a good chance to make up for that loss by making a move for Butt or Parker."

The fans' group do not want to see a repeat of last year, when Spurs sold rather than bought during the transfer window and paid the price.

"It is important that Spurs do not miss out while the transfer window is open," added the spokesman.

"Last season we failed to add to the squad and then once we got a couple of injuries our form dipped and we had a terrible run-in.

"We cannot afford for the same thing to happen this season as we have not benefited from the same kind of start that we had to last season.

"We have heard a lot of spin, now is the time for there to be some substance to the transfer targets we are continually linked with."

So what do you's reckon, if you's get Brown from Sheffield aswell (another Manc) then your midfield, along with Dalmat and Davies, will be a good mix of silk and steel....

imagine a diego butt combo in the middle. that would arguably be the best central midfield partnership in the premiership. blatantly aint gonna happen though.

yeah i thought yeates looked decent pre season so hopefully he gets a chance. theres no way all these youngsters are gonna fit into our first team though :l , we seem to have about 10 up and coming players at the moment.

butt would be perfect for what we need at the moment though. i honestly think he would completly transform our team. apparently he wants to stay up t'north but if we do get a chance to get and dont i will litterally murder levy and pleat.

as for dalmat im pretty sure there just asking for silly money so 6-7 mill sounds a lot cheaper than it did a month or so ago. if they do sell i still reckon we can get him for about 5.

faiers said:
imagine a diego butt combo in the middle. that would arguably be the best central midfield partnership in the premiership. blatantly aint gonna happen though.

butt would be perfect for what we need at the moment though. i honestly think he would completly transform our team. apparently he wants to stay up t'north but if we do get a chance to get and dont i will litterally murder levy and pleat.

as for dalmat im pretty sure there just asking for silly money so 6-7 mill sounds a lot cheaper than it did a month or so ago. if they do sell i still reckon we can get him for about 5.

Well I think Butt would come if Spurs wanted him, yeah he might not wanna move down south but IMO Spurs would be a better club to go to than the likes of 'Boro (no offense intended just an opinion BB) Cos I reckon the spurs fans would really take to Butt and his attitude to the game.

Id be happy for him to go to Spurs, we've got too many players of his type here at the moment.

yeah butt is just the sort of player we'e been missing, altho i wouldnt say he's a great leader of a team, he's certainly not in the class of a Keane, Adams. which means we'll still be searching for that sorta player.

Back
Top Bottom