Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

heh fair play to you lot on your success but im afraid unless youv experienced the low times with a club then you dont really know what football is all about. (im not saying if you have either way).

if only i could hibernate untill the summer then hopefully the mess at the club might have sorted itself out.

Good point there mate about the lows of a football club. Makes the club stronger though (hopefully) and i for one will be happy to see Spurs survive as i quite like them as a footy club.

feck me your teams a shambles!!

well the front two are pretty decent but the midfield was woeful, the defense was stretched all over the place and couldnt get hold of Ruud, Giggs and Scholesy, granted alot of defenses cant do that so thats abit unfair...

You's are gonna have a struggle for the rest of the season playing like that, I always used to look forward to the spurs games but now its a bit of a joke, you cant win with a 3-0 head start ;)

I think Pleat will probley just keep you above water, but beyond that it aint lookin good...

i thought Dalmat was one of the best players on the park and Poyet caused you probs at the end. we are really lacking confidence at the mo, after our cup exit and hammering by newcastle so really didnt expect anything from the united game but we nearly snatched a point at the end. at least we didnt just crumble after going 2 down in the first half, so all in all i was pleased with the lads.

loz said:
i thought Dalmat was one of the best players on the park and Poyet caused you probs at the end. we are really lacking confidence at the mo, after our cup exit and hammering by newcastle so really didnt expect anything from the united game but we nearly snatched a point at the end. at least we didnt just crumble after going 2 down in the first half, so all in all i was pleased with the lads.

yeah dalmat looked okay, he was lively, but it was the midfields complete lack of pace that amazed me.

I dont think you ever looked like getting a point though, we did let you back in it but you never looked like you we're gonna score again, we should've hammered you tbh but we didnt, i'll take 2-1 and top of the league no probs.

Well we got a midfielder, eventually! Michael Brown for 500k from Sheff United. dont really know much about the fella tbh. seen him score a few good goals, but apart from that, nothing!!

i think uv got it spot on vanizz, our midfield is a complete joke. dalmat is awesome and against utd i felt as if our only tactics were to give the ball to him and let him skin o shea. no one else had a clue really. i dont think we really pushed utd but on another day with a bit of luck we could have easily got level.

we need davies back (with his old form) and although ricketts (maybe blondel) are decent enough youngsters they're just not gonna do it week in week out at the moment.

nicky i think he was taken off cus of an injury or lack of fitness but pleat tried to sub him a bit earlier and all the fans went skitz and started to boo.

i think the next two games our huge for us, if we dont get something out of these then a relegation battle could definetly be on the cards.

loz with brown personally i think he will give us some legs which poyet anderton and redknapp cant provide but i cant see him being a long term starter. good signing imo though.

Do you think this thread will still be going next season or should you really use the appropriate thread? 'The Nationwide Thread'. ;)

FD

Still be a better quality of football than the SPL FD. anyways, "we are too good to go down" (Shit i said the famous last words!!!!

shocking result, absolutely shocking. not taking anything away from charlton as they are a pretty useful side at the mo, but i think we should be able to beat anyone on our home turf. just shocking :shock:

Damn....it's getting a bit desprate now isn't it, got my mate (A Spurs fan) next to me, and in his words "Carry on like this and we'll go down" Gonna take him down the Swan, drown his sorrows.

West Ham thought they were too good to go down and look what happned to them. 3rd from bottom, that's utter shit from a club that calls themselves the pride of London.....cough,splurt,he he he :mrgreen:

ps: No offense intended ;)

bobogol said:
West Ham thought they were too good to go down and look what happned to them. 3rd from bottom, that's utter shit from a club that calls themselves the pride of London.....cough,splurt,he he he :mrgreen:

ps: No offense intended ;)
haha no worries, i dont see any hammers out here anyway ;)

-azn

gus hiddink is said to be the one according to the oracle.....hang on......nah,according to the board that they want to have at the helm.but will hiddink want to manage a 1st divison club remains to be seen...

Hiddink will stay another 3 years at PSV as a manager unless a world class team will sign him.

Up to you to decide whether Spurs is such a team...

i really seriously believe we are gona go down now, this is shocking, not since the late 70's have we not played in the top division. we really need a leader on the park as we dont seem to have any fight about us . . . here's hoping!

loz said:
i really seriously believe we are gona go down now, this is shocking, not since the late 70's have we not played in the top division. we really need a leader on the park as we dont seem to have any fight about us . . . here's hoping!

Thats what you need ..... a captain. What happened to your last one that was any good?? Oh sorry we've got him!!

Seriously, I hope you stay up cos then we will get at least a guaranteed 4 points next season maybe even 6!!

And to think a lot of Spurs fans I know were talking about the Champions League when you signed Kanoute and Postiga!!

We're being linked with Roberto Mancini last couple of days, altho he is also wanted by Inter and Barca, according to the papers. Not sure about this one, hasnt been managing for that long but has done a fair job at Lazio under difficult circumstances. think i'd still prefer O'Neill or Curbs.

Reckon the cup could save our season if we can get past the tricky tie against the palace on sat. will be a hard game what with our current form and Dowie's players looking to impress the new boss. should sneak it by one goal tho, as our home form hasnt been too bad, apart from the last two games!!!

A quote from Sky Sports

Skysports.com understands that Tottenham are looking to offload Freddie Kanoute in a sensational move.
Tottenham are thought to be unhappy at the player's reluctance to snub the chance to play for Mali in the upcoming African Cup of Nations

Skysports.com has now learnt that Spurs are willing to sell their star striker and have instructed an agent to find a new club for the Frenchman.

Mali's pursuit of snaring Kanoute has been going on for some time and the skilful forward has accepted the invitation to play for the promising African nation.

Kanoute is in Henri Stambouli's plans for the tournament which could see him miss up to six weeks of Premiership action.

With Tottenham struggling at the wrong end of the table, caretaker boss David Pleat was hoping to have Kanoute available as they seek to climb to safety.

The frustrated White Hart Lane outfit are now understood to be ready to listen to offers for the former West Ham ace. Any move would not be imminent, however, as the player is not able to move clubs again so soon after joining Tottenham last summer.

Kanoute has no shortage of admirers with a number of clubs interested in his services before he made his move to Tottenham.

Pleat has already indicated that there is still plenty of mileage in the story regarding Kanoute's controversial call-up.

"We hope Kanoute won't be going with Mali," he told Sky Sports News.

"The Fifa status committee have to assertain for sure if he is available to play for Mali as he played for France in a competitive game so the story's not dead."

things is buta if we had ur manager we probably would be in the cl, thats if he wasnt sacked after 5 mins.

im sorry but we were never gonna get hiddink or o neill. we could do a lot worse than mancini but it looks as if pleat is gonna carry on as dof no matter who we get:( .

personally i dont think we will get relegated. the truth is when our players do decide to turn up we can outplay must teams in the league quite easily, its unfortunate its so rare but im sure it this will see us to safety.

i still think a decent dm in the window can make a huge differance.

as for kanoute being sold, thats a load of bull but the guy clearly doesnt have any really passion for the club and doesnt fancy the fight.

postiga does work hard for the team when hes on and ill be quite happy to see him get a few games.

top performance by the boys yest. not the best of opposition, but at least we beat them convincingly. a couple of great finishes by the man that still hasnt spoken about his future. . . . roll on the premiershiip.

Kanote, shame he's a Mali boy. You're gonna miss him! Good hat-trick, but remember it's only Palace!

Back
Top Bottom