Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

at 64 youv got to be the oldest memeber on the board butatista

i dont particularly like poyet but hes only played 7 games this season and in those games web won 5 and drawn 2. maybe pleat does know what hes doing when he picks him.

keane is good enough to be playing champions league football without a doubt, i just prey that can happen at spurs :shock: ... ok uefa cup then.

im not bothered about man u and newcastle just as long as we beat boro.

i know what u mean about xmas loz, i was gonna go for the half season ticket but thats been put on the back burner till next season :x .

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Who r u a fan of then Dcj78 coz with a comment like that i doubt your a spurs one.

he's a gooner TMB.

good to see you and faiers back and posting again, i was getting lonely in here!!!

how much is a half season ticket F?

Two_blindmonkeys, I take on board your point about all the best players going to the 'best' clubs. I'm always ready to listen to peoples opinions (excluding those who call me a plastic Gooner).

I'm sure you and Loz will be wishing the Gooners all the best for this evening.

260 lower and 290 upper for park lane (the only place to be nowadays) loz.

be warned lads, the diego rumours are back. imagine butt and diego in midfield ....... :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:............ its about time i woke up now.

What about

Dalmat-----Diego-----Butt------Ricketts

That would be a dream

with Davies and blondel to put in were we like

Apparently were holding out for an Abramavic type Chairman so we get loads of dosh and a great manager........i dunno what to make of that

wot do you guys think

its either the media's colourful imagination at play again or wishful thinking.

id still go for davies on the right ahead of rickets at the moment, ricketts only really seems to do the business when he comes off the bench and im pretty sure 'digger' will regain his form. either way though id be happy.

we've always had the rumours about super rich chairman. remember when sugar first turned up wiht venners and everyone said he'd be our 'saviour.'

Yeah that seems fair enough, we really need someone at the top with innovative ideas and a real desire to make Spurs a big, successful club again.

we almost have the squad but i just dont see us doing it without those two or three key players that will take us those couple of steps further.

i think overall we've lacked a real leader, which is something all the winning teams have had: Adams, and Vieira (as well as Wenger and George Graham) at Arsenal; Fergie is a born winner and always has someone in the middle of the park to boss it a la Robson, Ince, Keane and Blackburn when they won the league had those types of players and Daglsih knows all about winning and got those types of players as he knew it would never happen without them (Batty, Shearer, Hendry etc, etc)

basically we have been badly managed over the last twenty years and we need to get in the right players instead of just those with the spurs reputation, does that make sense?

Should be an interesting cup tie midweek. Nil-Nil written all over it. Too be honest i can see you guys winning it, and if your lucky it might kick start your season. But it aint gonna be a good game on wednesday put it that way

loz said:
Yeah that seems fair enough, we really need someone at the top with innovative ideas and a real desire to make Spurs a big, successful club again.

we almost have the squad but i just dont see us doing it without those two or three key players that will take us those couple of steps further.

i think overall we've lacked a real leader, which is something all the winning teams have had: Adams, and Vieira (as well as Wenger and George Graham) at Arsenal; Fergie is a born winner and always has someone in the middle of the park to boss it a la Robson, Ince, Keane and Blackburn when they won the league had those types of players and Daglsih knows all about winning and got those types of players as he knew it would never happen without them (Batty, Shearer, Hendry etc, etc)

basically we have been badly managed over the last twenty years and we need to get in the right players instead of just those with the spurs reputation, does that make sense?

Totally agree. for to long we have been about wanting flair and excitment when what we really needed was a solid consistant side. we are a glamour club who want players of real class but no bite. Domingez, Asillymiss, Dometrescu all good skillful players and all would do well in Italy but the Prem?. we need to go to squar one and build on a solid hard working squad who are thursty for success and not just kckin a ball around waiting for their wages :x .

the less that is said about the Newcie game the better i think :l .

Middlesblah should be an enjoyable game but sadley i cant make it(were probebly play our best footie and score six) so i hope the boys prove me wrong again and do the job their paid for.

Two_blindmonkeys said:
Middlesblah should be an enjoyable game but sadley i cant make it(were probebly play our best footie and score six) so i hope the boys prove me wrong again and do the job their paid for.

Nah i dont think its gonna be enjoyable. We aint gonna score and i cant see us conceding 2 let alone 6. If your gonna win it in normal time my bet would be 1-0. But i honeslty cant see us scoring. MiddlesBlah exactly.

know what ur saying Boro if anyone can kill a game its us and you. our passing game is gone backwards at the mo and we only seem to want to play in the first half.

the only reason i said were score six is because im not goin so it'll probebbly be a cracker (sods law and all)

im going for a 0-0 then a gaol wil come from a scramble in the six yard box that the bounces off the ass of a defender and rolls past the Keeper. the reason a aint going is because i was at the league match and i aint expecting much different. so i will spend my £35 sheets on beer and enjoy the match on Teletext(as it will be just as exciting)

COME ON YOU SPURS!!!

i reckon it will be a decent game, the only spurs games im really enjoying at the moment our the cup games. Our players definetly seem to be a lot more up for the cup at the minute and as its a q final i can see boro really going for it as well (... well maybe).

Its all well and good saying we need solid hard working players etc lads but wev been down that road with graham. At the moment were crap but id still rather take it over trying to watch freund and sherwood attempting to get a passing move going (not neccesiraly bad players but as a partnership :x ).

They key imo is a decent mixture of solid hardworkers and flair players, not one or the other, which everyone knows anyway really. The game has changed from the early 90's were long ball football was effective, to be succesful in todays game you need to be able to play the game as well as defend. Look at man u and arsenal as an example if you wish. The hard working teams like charlton and soton who are doing well at the moment will always get found out sooner or later.

As for the newcastle game, what can you do when you go 2 nil down to goals like that ? lets hope its a one off (de ja vu ?).

If u want it on the radio try www.mfc.co.uk

The boro website has the commentry online, i dont know if you can get it without subscription but if you need it i can give you my password for it. I'll b listening to it on the @Hi-Fi as its local radio.

faiers said:
i reckon it will be a decent game, the only spurs games im really enjoying at the moment our the cup games. Our players definetly seem to be a lot more up for the cup at the minute and as its a q final i can see boro really going for it as well (... well maybe).

Its all well and good saying we need solid hard working players etc lads but wev been down that road with graham. At the moment were crap but id still rather take it over trying to watch freund and sherwood attempting to get a passing move going (not neccesiraly bad players but as a partnership :x ).

They key imo is a decent mixture of solid hardworkers and flair players, not one or the other, which everyone knows anyway really. The game has changed from the early 90's were long ball football was effective, to be succesful in todays game you need to be able to play the game as well as defend. Look at man u and arsenal as an example if you wish. The hard working teams like charlton and soton who are doing well at the moment will always get found out sooner or later.

As for the newcastle game, what can you do when you go 2 nil down to goals like that ? lets hope its a one off (de ja vu ?).

Yeah i know what you mean mate. i dont wanna see the footie that we were producing under Goonasourus but we really need to get back to basics coz we cant seem to keep the ball anymore. wel start off ok passing it around the back then we move to midfield who give the ball away 50% of the time. then if it gets to Freddie or Robbie everyone watches and so they are on their own and trying to beat 4 defenders.

it just seems that we cant pass the ball around like other lesser teams can. we were even out passed by fukin Leicester for fuk sake and that is taking the piss considering we hade a far superior team.

its fine to have the flair and excitement(i wouldn't be a spurs fan otherwise) but i just want to see us play really well more instead of the Good Vs Evil we get searved up every time i go see them. i know its what all fans want but its just seems like were jinxed or summin.

maby a good cup run will pull the wool over the eyes of some. i know that until the basics of our game are fixed the flair the glamour the supposed big side of THFC will be playing the likes of Rushden and Dimonds sooner or later rather than the likes of Real or Milan

Any sort of win would be good tonight, get some confidence back to go into the xmas period with. i remember last year this was when our entire season fell apart. if it happens this year we'll be relegated!

Ricketts rounded Kellar just before half time and put it wide :( Could be a good second half, sounds very open

metallica said:
middlesboro cant score for toffy :l
Want to put money on that mate?

1-1 Now in Extra Time! Ricketts goal and he's just hit the bar...

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
Comon Boro!

(sorry guys you can have your topic back)

yes.

Well what we need now is a good relegation battle and to shell out the ageing, over paid and non committed players to pompey and other sides who love our rejects and consentrate on the young players comming through the reserves and under 19's. all i hear from pleaty over the last three or four years is how youth is so important to a club then to see him treat young players like ricketts blondel and the rest like cun'ts. Blondel may leave now, ricketts will be on his way if were not careful and its so spurs to shell out some real gems to other teams only to see them become good solid players.

we now have to decide what and who we need to get back to a respected level of footie. this team does not work for the team or the club. we have players wanting out when the heat is on and i can only name four or five from the starting line up who i would pay good money to see.

pleat is a cun't im starting to see it more and more. he needs to forget about us and we need to get rid of him. i thought Sherwood was a dick for what he said but its true. we are turning into a club about to be extinct. no one likes us and are all there to mock and laugh at us when things go wrong.

i for one am sick of it. fuk pleat, fuk Carr fuk anyone who can justify what has happend over the last week.

Tottenham are a diein club and we need a big shake up to turn us around.

well least tickets for division two will be cheaper.

Bovril and pastie anyone?

Two_blindmonkeys said:
yes.

Well what we need now is a good relegation battle and to shell out the ageing, over paid and non committed players to pompey and other sides who love our rejects and consentrate on the young players comming through the reserves and under 19's. all i hear from pleaty over the last three or four years is how youth is so important to a club then to see him treat young players like ricketts blondel and the rest like cun'ts. Blondel may leave now, ricketts will be on his way if were not careful and its so spurs to shell out some real gems to other teams only to see them become good solid players.

we now have to decide what and who we need to get back to a respected level of footie. this team does not work for the team or the club. we have players wanting out when the heat is on and i can only name four or five from the starting line up who i would pay good money to see.

pleat is a cun't im starting to see it more and more. he needs to forget about us and we need to get rid of him. i thought Sherwood was a dick for what he said but its true. we are turning into a club about to be extinct. no one likes us and are all there to mock and laugh at us when things go wrong.

i for one am sick of it. fuk pleat, fuk Carr fuk anyone who can justify what has happend over the last week.

Tottenham are a diein club and we need a big shake up to turn us around.

well least tickets for division two will be cheaper.

Bovril and pastie anyone?

lol tell em why your mad son!!

Back
Top Bottom