Spurs Thread - WHERE'S VIEIRA GONE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bryan Robson or Howard Wilkinson for me - then that'll be Newcastle Spurs and Wolves below Boro :mrgreen:

Seriously though - i think although it was probably too early to get rid of hoddle, you have to move on fast, and get yourselves sorted. O'Neill would be fabulous, but it could be hard to get him to leave Celtic and championship football. What about getting a young manager from the lower divisions and trying him out - i dont know who im not in touch with the lower divisions - how would you feel about a manager who is un-tested and un-heard of at the top level?

its probably what we need boro but i dont think many fans will go for it. paul harte is the one name that keeps cropping up in my mind but i dont think anyone would have enough confidence to put him in charge at the moment.

i feel sick about this whole thing to be honest, another bloody two years of transition :(

at the moment id be quite happy with antic but im gonna wait a while before i start jumping for joy over hoddles departure as iv seen numerous managers sacked without things improving.

Well that was a good solid display with little to wrry about and some class from our attack.

i was waitin to say this for a couple of years now but finally i can. we out classed Coventry.

not by makin them look like idiots or by banin in 5 or 6 goals but they never looked like the were gunna score when they attacked and we looked like we were with every shot. i wouldn't of been suprised if we went in 4-0 at half time, and we could have if Poyet had his scorin head on.

our midfeild still looked light weight dispite them all givin it a go if it was viera or kean in the middle we would probebly lost that match.

i though pleaty could of brought on Dalmat and Ricketts in the middle of the park and kept blondel on the left. i think those two would give more of a battle to coventry and they wouldnt of got past the half way line.

4-4-2 and may that long continue :mrgreen:

Good to see Jonnie Jackson and Blondel geetin in with the first team :mrgreen:

all in all happy with how that game went now for a nice cosistant run for a few games.

oh yeah Keano and The French Master - What a Strike force and that was there first start together. i can see a good future for those lads :mrgreen:

Keller - 6/10 - did very little
Carr - 6 - same but was solid
Gardener - 6 - the lad still has a lot to learn but could be a great Defender
Richards - 7 - didn't make too many mistakes looked solid
Tarrico - 6 - i hate him and love him, did ok
Anderton - 7 - Did really well and got stuck in i dont agree that he was Teletext man of the match
Poyet - 5 - i thought that he really should of walked away with two goals last night. looks to slow.
Bunjie - 7 - for a weak flair defender he played well in his role and was also solid in his challenge
Blondel - 6 - what can i say i love the guy and he will be a legend i promise. first start, needs to get on the weights
Kean - 9 - Theres ony 1 Keano :mrgreen:
Kanoute - 8 - Had another greate game and will be our scorin machine if he stays fit.

Ricketts - 8 - gave us a second wind, Scored what can only be discribed as Genius. Kissed the badge - Good move
COME ON LEVY SIGN THE BOY UP BEFOR WE LOSE ANOTHER LEDGE

COME ON YOU SPURS :mrgreen:

Frank Bruno has just turned down the Tottenham job.

He told reporters 'I ain't that fuckin mad !!'

thanx for that wrighty, but in future can ya keep ya comments . . . . . oh, it was a joke, to the joke thread.

loz said:
thanx for that wrighty, but in future can ya keep ya comments . . . . . oh, it was a joke, to the joke thread.

Ah come on man, wheres ya sense of humour? It`ll pick up mate, you wait and see ;)

i'm not bothered about that, but when misfit see's it he'll be livid as i moaned at him for doing the same thing in the united thread!!

well we got a point and out of the botom three but it was a decidley dodgy performance. altho two clean sheets on the trot is a good start for Pleatey.

I was amazed that yesterdays game finished 0-0. If Fowler had played from the start instead of Wanchope it may have been different

And the winner is......Glen Hoddle!!!! Yes, the premier league sacl race has been run and won for this year - convincingly and impressively - by the former England "manager". He left Swindon, Chelsea and Southampton, each time to go on to theoritically bigger and better things. Except not. England sacked him for inappropriatecomment about diabled people and Tottenham have now sacked him because the team is rubbish. "I am shocked and dissapointed to have parted company with Tottenham over the weekend, only six matches into the new season," Hoddel said in a statement that no one believed - except perhaps the man himself.

loz said:
i'm not bothered about that, but when misfit see's it he'll be livid as i moaned at him for doing the same thing in the united thread!!

i'm cool with it man,no worries.....this is a joke thread BTW

PS:that was a good one wrighty..

Another win and yet ANOTHER clean sheet, i can see Pleatey getting the job for the rest of the season if he keeps this up. . . .apparently it was a cracker from Freddie? any of you boys go to the game?

I was at the game today. Kanoute's goal was awesome. A volley from 35-yards, after (from what I remember) a knocked down header from Robbie (who was easily man of the match btw).

The ball looped over the keeper with great pace, crashing into the top right corner of the net. As expected, the crowd went wild. So you can imagine what it was like when we scored two goals in three minutes just after second half kick-off.

The team completely fazed Everton out in the second half, the whole defence worked brilliantly. Konchesky started the match and put in a real strong performance, but Rohan Ricketts yet again showed just how good he is. I wouldn't be suprised if he is selected for the England team in the next 12 months; especially if he keeps performing to the quality of what he did today.

Everton basically had no reply to anything Spurs did; they looked far more confident and passed the ball around alot better than they were doing earlier in the season. Its as if with Hoddles departure, a big weight has been lifted off their shoulders.

One of the highlights of the day BTW was seeing Rooney yet a yellow card towards the end of the game, for being a mouthy f*cker!

Was James Mcfadden good?For Everton did he impress you coz he is a Scot trying o become the Scttish Rooney.Great Kanout goal btw.

Well, the problem with Everton was that no one really stood out - they all were pretty standard. As soon as Spurs scored their second the whole Everton team just seemed despondent - they could have basically been any team.

No one really stood out, though to be honest I wasn't really watching to see how any particular Everton players played. Though had their been anyone particularly good, I probably would have noticed.

dont thinks so, just think pleat has realised that he hasnt been his best since the turn of the new year, could be wrong tho.

Davies is injured, though he may play for Wales this week. Not that Pleat hasn't tried his hardest to stop it.

Anyway, with Davies being out, Ricketts has had chance to shine. Campaign for Ricketts for England starts here! He made Rooney look like a little boy on Saturday - I really hope Rooney doesn't get picked this Saturday. Am I the only one who thinks he's tremendously over-rated?

How the hell did wayne rooney get into the England first team???????
He just thought he'd bypass the under 19, 20 and 21's and jump straight on the plane for istanbul?
True talent (i.e. ricketts) never get a look in but we can always hope that sven will stop using those misty lenses he's been wearing

Easy all my computer is on the blink so i had to dissapeare for a few days.

Spurs wern't brilliant on Saturday Everton were just shi'te!

Dazza and Gus were playing well in the middle passing and movin all the time and made the workmen like everton Midfield look shi't.

Robbie was MOM and Ricketts was a close second.

what can i say about Freddie.......................hes a fukin legend.

we still need some steel in midfield but Pleaty has done what we have wanted for a long time = Some clean sheets.

I feel the board are happy to wait until Christmas for O'Neil and when Celtic get knocked out of Europe and he relises "theres more to life than this!".

Alen would do but O'Neil is the guy for me. sayin that if we go unbeaten until Christmas (um yeah right! :mrgreen: ) then maby pleaty will get the nod in which im happy with for now.

Come on you spurs!! :mrgreen:

True talent (i.e. ricketts) never get a look in but we can always hope that sven will stop using those misty lenses he's been wearing

Very true. I know I may be biased, but Ricketts is far more promising than Rooney in my opinion. I think Rooney may all be a bit flash in the pan, lets see where he is in five years time!

And true, Spurs weren't great - but they were definitely a big improvement. And true, Everton were shit, especially after Kanoute's dream goal.

Yeah baby, dramatic late winner from Freddie, the man is a goal machine!!!!

shocking result against a poor Bolton side, nuff said.

oh and apparently Pleat and Dalmat have had a falling out and Kanoute is out for two months, can this season get any worse?

loz said:
shocking result against a poor Bolton side, nuff said.

oh and apparently Pleat and Dalmat have had a falling out and Kanoute is out for two months, can this season get any worse?

here's to hopin.....

Jacko69
Quick word, just wrote you boys a novel but cpu crashed and lost it. MASSIVE spurs fan. Faiers if you were hoping for a side wit rivaldo and scott p, you are dreaming. I can only hope. Hoddle was a disaster as a manager at whit hart lane. respect for him as a player though. Underated. We need keane/postiga or even zamora to hit some form wit freddi's absence. The Bolton game was possibly the worst day of my life???!!!! shocked and embarresed. Respect to big sam though. As a respectable league position slowly goin out window i just hope we can do it in the cup again!!! I have to say I am very worried watching leeds and clubs like wit huge debts i keep having visions of spurs in a relegation battle then financial trouble, a long way from rivaldo ! Top site boys. Jacko. !!Up the Yids!! thanks boys gimme some replies. wot do ya think?? and not the Gooner!!!

All u gooners

gunners just wait, i am going to dance on the bar all night if spurs win on sat. Couldnt ask for a better christmas prez. Also spurs is not a diabolical system or they wouldnt be where they are. ok so who needs a director of football but wot do you lot ( by that i mean spurs fans) think? Praying for another steve carr sreamer on sat. rmember that united. Agree wit all comments on rohan ricketts. blondel i think needs a bit of confidence as do the whole spurs side. Ziege back soon will be usefull and spurs at full strength are still a force under the right manager. Hint, hint martin o'neill. But some people thought rivaldo and morientes was coming. As if they would go to spurs- a fantatically supported club but a distinct lack of european footy of any kind. in fact last time I remember spurs in europe was loss to Kaiserlautern. INCIDENTLY ANYONE WAT WAS SPURS LAST EUROPEAN RESULT??? and im sick to the teeth of you gunners Fuck off. Ashley cole is a waste of space.

i dont think we have a hope tbh, the best we can expect is a respectable defeat . . . . but then again we ARE the most inconsistent team in the EPL so ya never know.

Back
Top Bottom