Sony PSP/Vita

Re: Sony PSP

I thought the whole link up was for DL PlayStation games from the PS Store, and thus playing them on your PSP.

Indeed it was, and now I've seen it, I'm gonna get rid of my PSP
](*,)
The point I'm trying to make was that it just proved that it can work and theres much more to come. One example is when they showed a racing game at E3 with the PSP used as a rear mirror. With the Playstation Home coming out soon, I'd expect them to some how link up the PSP to that too.

The only times you'll be able to properly use the PSP will be in games where it's just an add-on and not a requirement, so there's not much point in keeping it and I'm glad that I've put mine on eBay. Not glad that it'll probably go for £70 when I paid £300+ but perhaps I'll have learnt a lesson...

Heh, I'm going to learn a hell of a lesson. It looks like my PSP is going to sell for £1. :|

Pull the auction JB, it may be collecting dust, but you so know you will get a PS3 in the end, and then it'll be case of wanting to DL games to play on a PSP and you wont have one etc......

I've actually used the PSP to play the old PSone games already (the Crash Bandicoots and WE 2002), and I was having a laugh until I thought "why am I bothering with this when I can play new games on the DS" - I might as well get rid of it while there's the chance of it going up to £100, rather than in six months when it's worth £50. I read a piece the other day that I read months ago, about the PSP being used in Formula One as a wingmirror - I mean, come on, if that's all I'm keeping it for then I've got to be a complete mental.

There's still a day left on the auction, but one bidder and no watchers, it's bloody scary... When's the latest you can pull an auction, with 12 hours to go?

I know the Wingmirror was a complete gimmick, I mean do you need two to have it correct, cause you sure as hell dont have a rear view mirror on a F1 car. I was just hoping that more companies would start to integrate it with the PS3, but who knows, maybe alot wont bother, adding SIXAXIS to games will be enough for them! Not sure how long you you have until you can pull an auction.

The only times you'll be able to properly use the PSP will be in games where it's just an add-on and not a requirement,
Of course its only gonna be an addon. The GBC was never a requirement for any N64 game, GBA was never a requirement for any Gamecube game, and its the same with the NDS/Wii and PSP/PS3.
How can you sell a game where you're forced to buy a £100+ "accessory"?

Yeah but there's games where the Gamecube-GBA connectivity was great, such as Pokémon. I can't see anything as big/fun as that with a PS3 and a PSP, it's just not Sony's style.

Pokemon had a pretty shit link up feature that didnt do well (not as well as the N64 one anyway). The only good games were Zelda and Final Fantasy Crystal Chronicals and those werent that good either.

Jack Bauer:

if you ask me, a console is worth more than the cash you could potentially receive for it.

i have every sega, microsoft, nintendo and sony console/handheld, (apart from the saturn and the nes) but i would NEVER sell any of them.

often, i have looked at my gamecube and dreamcast gathering dust under my tv and thought about selling them, then i realise any cash i could recoup for them would be spent in a day and whatever i bought for it would be forgotten about by the end of the week - for that reason alone, i would never sell any of my consoles.

just having them there, available to play whenever i want is worth a thousand times more than the pittance they would fetch on ebay...

Last edited:

Agree with Spunk (!) - I sold a ps one for a pittance once with ten games and a gun - regretted it ever since. If I were you I'd have kept it.

While I wish I'd kept my NES, I hardly consider the PSP a classic console. I played the NES a few times every week, I played the PSP for about a week in total (no exaggeration).

I sold it for £120, which I'll be putting towards either a PS3 or a holiday to give the lovely people of Evo-Web a break from my hyper-depressing posts. I made the right decision, nuff said.

:)

It's been out longer than the DS, and I have at least ten games that I've loved so far on that (currently playing Pokémon for hours a day, when I've just bought a Wii that isn't getting touched now)...

I have still kept my PSP.. never know when I might need it for a train Journey. The whole intergration between PSP and PS3 is in its infancy too..

Dj

what a difference a few weeks can make

went in Tesco yesterday, and Portable Ops is out, and its £25!

how long have brand new PSP games been that cheap for?

so I'm gonna get that today, cause I'd completely forgotten how much I love MGS, and start playing PSP again

Last edited:

Just got a PSP, was wondering if someone could recommend a couple of games to buy.

two must-have games are hot shots golf and wipeout - probably pick them both up on ebay for about a fiver each...

then flash it with dark_alex's firmware, and stick gran turismo 2 on there!

they'll keep you going for a while!

Just revisiting Killzone:Liberation... man, this game is really really fun, and the gameplay is immense! Love it... surprising how tactical the game becomes even by Chapter 2. The implementation and AI is excellent for such a small device :)

I gonna wait 2-3 years for the next-gen portable game device... whether Sony or Microsoft develop it.

Why? Well I guess I would have bought a PSP in its first year... but now, I constantly keep dreading the thought of a powerful handheld being released anytime now... so I'll just wait for this "new one", wait 6 months till its games are out, tested and reviewed, then BUY IT :D

I want that !!!! (I don't speak about the PSP Slim)

pspslimgal-2.jpg

http://www.joystiq.com/2007/08/24/pax-07-sony-tethers-psp-slims-to-cute-girls-awkwardness-ensue/

Back
Top Bottom