Sony PSP/Vita

Re: Sony PSP

You can download PS1 games on the PS3... but only sonys selection of about 10 games.

You can rip any of your PS1s to play on the PSP, for instance GT2 that probably wont come out on download till after gt mobile.

Its also a GBA, snes, megadrive, nes and gameboy emulator, all perfect. Capcom CPS1 and 2 emulator, 2 player over wireless.

custom firmware... mmmm

psp is an excellent bit of kit.

I had go with a PSP Lite last week...

A few points i want to make...

1. Looks Tacky - i think maybe giving the console a Matt finish instead of the shiny DS style plastic would've been better.

2. UMD Drive - Why remove the button that opens it??? The fact you know have to prize it open is madness, it also is held to the PSP by 2 of the thinnest bit's of tin foil i have ever seen. Im sure loads of people will break that.

3. Thin? - It is ever so SLIGHTLY thinner (19% to be exact), makes me wonder why they even bothered to advertise it as SLIM and lite...

4. Internal Memory - Its got 64mb of internal memory BUT you can not use it for saving game's? Why is that, surely it would of been better for Sony to supply it with a 64mb pro duo stick instead?

If you have got a PSP then i am finding it hard to find reasons why you should upgrade...

Sure it's got TV out, i have not seen it running through the AV cable but i have a feeling it wont look great. The battery life is probably the biggest improvement, the original PSP had a horrid battery life so anything is an improvment...oh, and a new warranty is nice if like me you have had your PSP since launch.

Im sticking with my original one for now, the upgrade could cost PSP owners over £60, and that just aint good enough for me....

i got too.
very lite and loading is much faster.

and i got FIFA 08.
gameplay is almost same as UEFA CL 07.
players face looks melted but others are much better than PES6.

-Released 2008
-3 inch, 480 x 272 display
-No UMD, all gaming content from PS Store or M2

6gdlip.jpg

Last edited:

Not real, at the end of the article is says something along the lines of "probability of this existing: 35%".

EDIT: CONFIRMED

Last edited:

The PSP has died a death, it's about as popular as Michael Barrymore in your local swimming baths.

I'm considering getting a PSP again :)

Can anybody give me some info on the 'best' version to get. I'd ideally like the slim one, but I dont know how 'useful' that is :)

PM would probably be best i think...

Thanks!

I've not touched my psp for psp games in months (i tend just just play cannon fodder and other classic gems) but Patapon looks tempting.

Thing is i put a custom firmware on so i could play snes and sega games but now it seems Patapon needs a higher psp firmware and i cant remember how you would go about jumping from 340 OE-A to whatever the latest is.

Im thinking my only optio is to do a system restore and just update with the UMD - but is it easy to wipe all the custom crap off without bricking?

Nope its not too hard to go from there to the later firmwares mate. You could go back to 1.5 and then do the upgrade process to the latest which is 3.90 M33-2... from then onwards if a new Custom comes out you can use the Network update facility and it takes the latest DA custom!!!

Considering selling my DS Lite to get a PSP... I think the DS is great, but I dont find the games hold my attention for long... Then I think of the PSP quality games:-

Lumines
Katamari
Loco-Roco
MGS
Everybodys Golf
Even World Series Poker was good!

Plus the reasonably good conversions of mordern games - like PES, TW etc...

Seems as an older gamer, I crave something a little more... adult?!

Come on guys - what should I do whilst I can still get a good price for the DS?!

Yea, I know people will think I'm mad, but whilst the DS is innovative and has some genuinely good games (Mario Kart etc), its restrictions when trying to do more advanced games is painful. All the football games for example are shockingly bad.

Animal Crossing is great on the DS, but (unlike my GF!) I get bored of it quickly, all the Brain Training etc isnt for me as my job taxes my brain enough. Plus the added features of the PSP (Browser, PS3 connectivity, widescreen for movies etc)...

Wish I had more disposable income - then there'd be no decision to make!! :D

See, now you've got me looking at buying a PSP again. :( I sold it for £200 with a ton of accessories, I never used it. Literally - I had it for two years and after playing Everybody's Golf for a week, that was it. In truth I only bought it to play Football Manager on the move, and when I realised it had no 2D match engine (and that Championship Manager is poo), I soon lost interest.

If I got a PS3 though, I could play Everybody's Golf... Online too... Hmmm... DAMN YOU PBOREHAM!!

See, now you've got me looking at buying a PSP again. :( I sold it for £200 with a ton of accessories, I never used it. Literally - I had it for two years and after playing Everybody's Golf for a week, that was it. In truth I only bought it to play Football Manager on the move, and when I realised it had no 2D match engine (and that Championship Manager is poo), I soon lost interest.

If I got a PS3 though, I could play Everybody's Golf... Online too... Hmmm... DAMN YOU PBOREHAM!!

Ha! LOL!!! I think FM2008 has the 2D engine on PSP now?

Whats the PS3/PSP/Everybodys Golf you allude too? Is that gonna have remote play? If so, I'm going to get one right now!

I ask if the PSP version of FM will have a 2D match engine every year and every year so far it's been a resounding "no" from Marc somethingorother. He always says "you can tell how your players are playing by their passes attempted to passes completed ratio", but that doesn't wash with me I'm afraid. I can see on FM2008 (which I'm really into now) when a formation is going to work and when it isn't, without that you don't see what's coming.

They say there's not going to be a 2D match engine in a PSP FM game because there isn't enough power to make it accurate (Championship Manager has one, and you can really see what they mean, it is awful, groups of players running in straight lines and then running backwards in straight lines). I think LMA Manager would be better on the PSP, no joke. You could emulate one of the PSone versions of that, I suppose...

It's great to have a developer reply to your questions though, I'll give them that. SI are fantastic like that.

The Everybody's Golf I'm talking about... On PSP it's single-player only, I'm sure, on PS3 the new one (out in March, or you can get the Jap version now) is online playable against 50 players (if the Amazon description is correct). Bollocks, I want a PS3 now, shut up. PSPs are crap, end of story.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom