Sony PSP/Vita

Re: Sony PSP

I just tested Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy 9 and both worked perfectly. This is so awesome. I dont think I'll be playing anything else for atleast a month.

yeah i'm playing ff 9 now, i have the original discs for ff 7 but it's PAL so i'm getting the NTSC version so i don't get any problems with the graphics

how about controll?
there is no R2 and L2 button.

press the HOME button when playing a ps1 game and you get a menu where you can assign buttons

default settings

stick left = L2
stick right = R2
stick up = L2+R2

on this menu you can change the screen size and also view the manual for the game if you're playing one downloaded from the sony store

Im playing ISS Pro Evolution on my PSP right now... oh the good old days of ISS on PSX...

DJ

The new firmware is out. It compresses the isos and the manual is decrypted so we'll be seeing those being customised as well.

thanks to Dark_Alex, my psp has now had a new lease of life - i can't seem to put it down...

currently hammering gran turismo 2 and resi 3...

Excellent, just got it working. I'm dying to try WE2002 with that 06/07 patch! :D

EDIT: Bugger, I'm confused now... Where do you get the PSX games from? I've read "PS3store", but don't you need a PS3 to access that? :eh:

Last edited:

PSX are just your own ISOs. You use a program called Popstation that converts them to the PSP format.

Jack Bauer, if you have the latest firmware installed - i beleive it is '3.03 OE-B', then you can compress the iso and therefore fit more onto your memory card. all the necessary files and instructions can be found on http://www.psp-hacks.com/page/4/

right on the top of the front page of psp-hacks.com is a new converter which will automatically convert and compress your psx iso to work with the latest firmware. just remember to put the folder CONTAINING the eboot and the other file (can't remember what it is off the top of my head, think it might be 'keys.bin') into the root/psp/game folder.

as a note to that, the folder name seems to affect whether it shows as corrupt or not, so try to call it something simple, eg. GT2SIM and not GRAN_TURISMO_2(SIMULATORDISC) :P

another thing worth noting, PAL games don't work well with the emulator due to the screen dropping, therefore where possible try and use an NTSC iso.

(i recommend using cdrwin to create the isos of your original psx discs)

Got it working now, and it is absolutely fabulous. The first thing I've used the PSP for in months and months.

Can't find WE2002 anywhere though. :(

EDIT: There was a patch out years ago for an early WE or PES, when they still had a 16-team Division 1 and 2, that added all the lower-league English teams so that you had a proper promotion/relegation system. If I could find that somewhere, I would be over the bloody moon...

Last edited:

I cant find WE2002 anywhere either..... Suggestions on where to get it would be nice.

Dj

I gave up looking for it; apparently the competitions crash anyway and you can only play friendlies, so I'll be sticking with FIFA 07 on the DS and on the PSP, which are both pretty great.

My mate was playing MGS1 on his PSP! Very cool, but the L2/R2 is a bit weird but he was used to it.

It's not as good as I thought it would be to be honest - although if it wasn't for Crash Bandicoot and Crash Bash I wouldn't be using it (they are brilliant for a quick laugh).

Still wish I'd never bought it though - definitely the biggest waste of money I've ever spent on anything games-related.

Are you kidding me? The PSX emulator is awesome thanks to the huge library of RPGs on it.

The PSX emulator is awesome if you get NTSC American games yes. For PAL ones there isnt much point as part of the screen is missing. Time to drag out all those Imports I bought for the PSX back in the day :)

Great fun and a good idea from $ony.

Dj

fifa07.psp.of.050207
-transfer till 1st Feb japan time
-epl, league1, serie a, lfp,bundesliga and some club's new formation
-some national team's new squad and formation
:arrow:fifa of

What bug does 3.10 have? please give us more info as I have just flashed my PSP with Dark Alex's 3.10 OE-A

Dj

Back
Top Bottom