Sony PSP/Vita

Re: Sony PSP

You can get a 4GB for around £100 if you look in the right places, thats what I did.

DJ

I'm getting tempted but I cant really think of a good reason why I'd want a 4gb ms.

Rune, that way you could store lots of movies, a fair few games (if you use compression and ripping to rip out all unneccessary junk) and of course Emulators and lots of Homebrew apps :) all this for a 1.5 PSP

DJ

My PSP has died, hadnt played it for a few months, dusted it off and charged it. When turning it on, it's like the screen is cracked, but not, the front part of the screen is perfect, I cant see any damage, yet the screen is totally busted, it turns on for abit and then turns off again :(

Been really enjoying Daxter...about 24% through the game and have to say its very varied and impressive. Some of the graphics are quite amazing for a handheld.

Thankfully, I have not played a Jak & Daxter game on PS2 before, so it's refreshingly new to me.

Heartily recommend this game...

also bought FIFA 07, am willing to give it a chance this year.

This is slightly off-topic but I'll post it here since a separate PSP FIFA 07 topic doesn't seem to exist (or if it does, is not active enough as others).

I bought the FIFA 07 second hand recently, and it did not come with a manual. Now, IIRC, the manual had the list of commands for all the dribbling moves with the L button modifier? While I have been playing well enough by focusing on passing elements in the game, I have had a LOT of truble dribbling past players since I don't know any precise dribbling moves besides simple stepovers (aside from the fact that PSP D-pad/analogue nub isn't great to play sports games in the first place)

So would anyone help me out by giving me a command list of some of the more effective moves, or direct me to a site where I can find it? I'd just like to incorporate some dribbling elements in my game before I move on to harder difficulties.

This game is awesome for the PSP though. Especially after how disappointing WE9/PES5 was on it. Anyways, if anyone can help me out, I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks!

I bought FIFA 07 for the PSP, and I have to say that despite the rather poor player models (close up), the gameplay is excellent. Players make intelligent runs, and the variety of goals is excellent. I will post a long review soon, but I consider it a good purchase so far.

for people who have fifa 07 psp has anyone noticed that on world class dificutly it's still easy

put the dust off it for the first in like 6 months, installed latest devhook stuff, ordered a new 2gig memstick, and will convert all my beloved tv shows to watch on it now :D gotta say, this is still a very neat machine even if i didn't get around to use it very often.

any games you can really recommend?

fifa 07/gta vcs(but that has a few glitches)killzone liberation
and lego star wars mabye

FIFA in PSP is good and so is Vice City Stories as im playing that at the moment. Ive just flashed my PSP with the 2.71 SE-B Custom Firmware which gives me all the benefits of 1.5 (I can run all homebrew) but also gives me the extras that 2.71 provides and I dont have to keep loading up devhook, switching modes and selecting ISO/CSO's all the time to play my games they appear under the Game/Memory Stick menu which is awesome :)

DJ

FIFA in PSP is good and so is Vice City Stories as im playing that at the moment. Ive just flashed my PSP with the 2.71 SE-B Custom Firmware which gives me all the benefits of 1.5 (I can run all homebrew) but also gives me the extras that 2.71 provides and I dont have to keep loading up devhook, switching modes and selecting ISO/CSO's all the time to play my games they appear under the Game/Memory Stick menu which is awesome :)

DJ

I have 2 1.5 psp's one emulating 3.02 the other 2.71, 2.71 custom firmware is still alittle buggy and you cannot run as many iso's so at the moment there is nothing tempting me over.

Final Fantasy Tactics remake is coming to this soon.!!! Its gonna be awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

PSP to hit 1m UK sales in 2006

Think the PSP is struggling? Think again. Sony has told MCV that it is confident of selling one million units in the UK before the end of the year, safely securing its place as the second best-selling console of 2006.

http://www.mcvuk.com/newsitem.php?id=25138

for that do you have to have a firmware lower than 3.02 cause thats what i have

GF is playing bandicoot as we speak, plays the same as original but looks nicer obviously due to screen size. And the manual can be accessed at any time too, its pretty neat.

custom firmware 3.02 OE-A released, and ps1 emulation is fully functional, no ps3 required!!

3.02 OE-B update released today which inludes an app for converting your own ps1 games so they run, you'll need a couple of files from the original hot shots golf 2 downloaded from the sony store to use it though, PAL games are supposed to have graphic problems so it's best to use a NTSC game

tested with silent hill and it works great, gonna test ff vii later when i get time

I just tested Castlevania: Symphony of the Night and Final Fantasy 9 and both worked perfectly. This is so awesome. I dont think I'll be playing anything else for atleast a month.

Back
Top Bottom