Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

LOL - As I'm the first person to pst in this thread since the end of November, the first question I should ask is - has everybody ditched their PSP for a 360?:mrgreen:

i think it's more to do with the quality of games that are available for the psp - nothing has been able to shift hot shots golf from mine.

the standard of games released so far has been pretty dire...

I got mine for christmas, white giga pack with pro evo 5

Have to say i was astounded at how good it is, the video quality is brilliant!

Mines firmware 2.50 so unfortuanetly i cant play homebrew, i may just not do anything illegal with this machine for a change :P

Is GTA worth buying?

MonkeyJug said:
i think it's more to do with the quality of games that are available for the psp - nothing has been able to shift hot shots golf from mine.

For me, I've experienced for the first time a number of existing PS2 franchise games, and so the PSP has been great fun for me:

First time:
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (probably the most enjoyable relaxing game on PSP)
Wipeout Pure

PSP exclusive:
Archer Maclean's Mercury

Regurgitated but still ok:
Burnout
Virtua Tennis

Regurgitated and sickening:
Winning Eleven 9UE - controls just completely suck, using the PSP D-pad

I sold my DS after loving Mario 64 DS... for the other games, there's a fine line between innovation and gimmick.

MonkeyJug said:

I must say I completely agree with this, its a brilliant game! Been playing for 3 months, still hooked.

IU've just bought one too.
Three games: Mercury (great)
PES: difficult especially the defending part of the game
NBA Street: good.

I still love Ridge Racer, Lumines and Everybody's Golf. Altho GTA Liberty City is tempting I can hardly say I've played the x-box/ps2 versions so that can go on the backburner for a while (till the price comes down!). Anybody tried the snooker? Played it on the xbox and quite enjoyed it - is it 100% the same for the psp?

OutRun 2006

or2006psp3.jpg

or2006psp2.jpg

or2006psp1.jpg

or2006psp.jpg

Outrun...hmm..always played a bit "lightweight" for a driving game...better than psp Ridge Racer I wonder?

After playing the 360 for a few weeks and then looking at that...

or2006psp1.jpg

...the PSP may be going on eBay soon. Those graphics are diabolical.

....car looks like its floating.....is this really wipeout pure?

When stuff is moving fast in a game, you often dont see the shittyness of the graphics as much. Take a still shot of a 360 game and you still find jaggies. But anyway its pretty obvious that the 360 > PSP :D

Comparing the 360 and the PSP Chris, WTF?

I'm positive this will look beautiful on the PSP, provided they retain the draw distance which is always the beauty of Outrun. Its all about the chillout factor while you play. Diabolical is a riciculous word to use, THIS is diabolical..

48612-12-2.jpg

Burnout DS lol..

Last edited:

how much do you think i would get for twisted metal and NFSU Rivals in a trade in game or gamestation

A PSP is a lot more fun if you have a large memory stick. I have a 2gb one and I couldnt put the thing down. Until I got a X360.
But then I got a NDS with a SuperCard (allows you to play backups) along with a 1gb SD card which fits into the game slot and now the X360 is starting to gather dust.

My point is? No matter which is the better device, Nintendo DS, PSP or X360, its the one you bought last that you'll enjoy the most. The NDS is arguably the more inferior one of the three but I play that more than my PSP+2gb MS and my Xbox360 Premium with FIFA, PDZ, PES5, 12 months Live.
That little thing with the two screens has had me hooked for ages now.

nope i got both if you dont have live its kk but its amazing with live its tones better than psp,psp is only good when ya go away or on long journeys lol

That's the whole point!. How is anyone comparing the 360 to the PSP. The 360 is meant to be a "next-gen" console and the PSP is just a handheld. The DS is just a worse handheld than the PSP so I think he should go to his PSP if the 360 is gathering dust...

hm, i am only using mine for watching movies and mp3 listening anymore...got bored by gta pretty fast actually...:-/ it's just the same friggin city...

Loco Roco, EXIT, Katamri Damacy, Extend Extra and Lemmings are all worth having a PSP for, and they're all just round the corenr

Yay.

matherto said:
That's the whole point!. How is anyone comparing the 360 to the PSP. The 360 is meant to be a "next-gen" console and the PSP is just a handheld. The DS is just a worse handheld than the PSP so I think he should go to his PSP if the 360 is gathering dust...
LMAO. The DS is miles better than the PSP. I know cuz I own both with more or less every game on both handhelds (guess how I managed that ;) )
Sure the PSP shits all over the NDS in terms of graphics but the games on the NDS are a billion times more addictive and more than make up for the lack of graphic power.

Once it starts to be used with the PS3, thats when its gonna get interesting.

Back
Top Bottom