Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

has anyone played fifa yet on the psp....i know it's not a great game anyway but does it seem to anyone abit stuttery? if that's a word lol

Yes, especially when the ball is (almost) out for a throw in. They released it quickly to beat the competition without ironing anything out. Bit like the PC version really....

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I don't spend £200 on a handheld multimedia center so I can play old, 2D games :P

I don't really see why anyone would

Are you nuts, some of the best games ever made are right there available to me, Currently im playing a lot of sensible soccer and cannon fodder. That is not the ONLY reason i got a PSP, infact when i bought my PSP none of this was possible, its just a nice feature to have.

But like I said its not everyones cup of tea.

And one more thing, i didnt spend £200 on my PSP, far from that figure ;)

Cheers
Scottio

Scottio200 said:
Are you nuts, some of the best games ever made are right there available to me, Currently im playing a lot of sensible soccer and cannon fodder. That is not the ONLY reason i got a PSP, infact when i bought my PSP none of this was possible, its just a nice feature to have.

But like I said its not everyones cup of tea.

And one more thing, i didnt spend £200 on my PSP, far from that figure ;)

Cheers
Scottio

how can i play sensi!??? :) are you using the mega drive emu?

vr6_highline said:
how can i play sensi!??? :) are you using the mega drive emu?

Yeah using Mega drive Emulator, havent got round to testing the Amega emulator yet so i cant play SWOS yet!!

Cheers
Scottio

Get a SNES Emu and use the Sensible Soccer Rom from that chaps. :D

Full screen lovelyness, and it works a treat.

which is the best emu to get? which runs the best?

btw, has anybody got burnout legends yet?

Scottio200 said:
The Mega Drive emulator runs a lot smoother than the SNES one atm.

Cheers
scottio

Maybe I'm getting em mixed up then but I thought my SNES emu runs perfect but the mega drive one was shit.

In fact I know thats how it is. Sonic runs like shit on it but Super Mario and other SNES games are awesome.

Also, Burnout Legends has been leaked already.

Butatista said:
Yeah its something called homebrew..although if you have upgraded to firmware v2.0, like me then it won't run...yet.
Thats a common mistake people are making. Homebrew wont be on 2.0. This hack or whatever you want to call it will downgrade 2.0 PSPs back to 1.5 So if you're one of those people who opted for 2.0 regardless of knowing what they lose and gain from the upgrade, its basically pointless.

RuneEdge said:
Thats a common mistake people are making. Homebrew wont be on 2.0. This hack or whatever you want to call it will downgrade 2.0 PSPs back to 1.5 So if you're one of those people who opted for 2.0 regardless of knowing what they lose and gain from the upgrade, its basically pointless.

Does this mean that:
1) I can buy a 2.0 version, whihc comes with a proper internet browser
2) then downgrade to 1.5 to play roms and homebrew, AND keep using the internet browser?

RuneEdge said:

Ehh? What makes you so certain that it won't work on 2.0 in the future?

Uh there is NO way, absolutely NO way of downgrading your 2.0 PSP at this stage.

Its possible to make a 1.5 PSP think its a 2.0 for the purposes of running games that require a firmware upgrade but thats it.

If you have 2.0 there is NO way you can run emu's, roms, homebrew or ISO's.

Sorry.

i have downloaded the genesis emulater v0.18c, and when i try to run it, it just says 'the game could not be started (80020001)'

i have extracted the files in the zip to the folder psp/game/pspgenesis but still no joy...

:(

the other emulater, DGEN, works ok, but the frame rate isn't too good. does anyone know why i'm getting that error? I DEFINITELY HAVE 1.50 FW...

Burnout is good, the graphics are not as good as some of the screen we have seen in the past. Looks a bit like Need For Speed Underground Rivals graphically wise, but the gameplay is nice and fast.

Runs like a dream at 333mhz, crash mode is vastly improved at this speed.
Im definately going out and buying this on the 16th.

@wilier: No the doengrader will make your PSP a 1.50 machine, therefore you will not be able to use the web browser unless you wanna upgrade and downgrage everytime you need to.

The downgrader will probably be out within a couple or months, they obviously need to make sure it is 100% working and have no bugs what so ever, if there was a bug or it wasnt 100% successful they will have a lot of unhappy psp'er's with nice shyny bricked psp's.

Cheers
Scottio

Can one of you fellas give me a bit of internetbrowser advice?

I have a 2.0. yesterday I tried to connect to the internet for the first time.
I was in euston trainstation in london.

I did a scan and my psp detected about 5 differant providers. some with wepkeys and somewithout. I chose BT openworld was at 87% and it wouldnt connect, I tried a few times. I also tried the other providers without wepkeys and my psp would not connect to any of them.

anyone had problems like this and know a solution??? hope you can help me

cheers

UnBorn

yea i had a problem like that on my own network but managed 2 resolve it by adding the psp's mac address into my network because only certain wireless devices can be allowed on my network. but for u to do that on other peoples network, u need 2 speak 2 the admin

unbornchikkenvoices said:
Can one of you fellas give me a bit of internetbrowser advice?

I have a 2.0. yesterday I tried to connect to the internet for the first time.
I was in euston trainstation in london.

I did a scan and my psp detected about 5 differant providers. some with wepkeys and somewithout. I chose BT openworld was at 87% and it wouldnt connect, I tried a few times. I also tried the other providers without wepkeys and my psp would not connect to any of them.

anyone had problems like this and know a solution??? hope you can help me

cheers

UnBorn

Make sure the switch to the left of the thumb stick, is switched upwards

hi all i just got my psp and it i fantastc but the only downfall is that mine has some dead pixels has anyone else got the same ?

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Make sure the switch to the left of the thumb stick, is switched upwards

yeah obviously I did that. It would not have found any providers when I did a scan if I hadnt of done that, right?

Please can no commercial film download links etc. be posted from now on and other similar links? Cheers.

Back
Top Bottom