Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

Butatista said:
Everybody's Golf is brilliant, Virtua Tennis ain't getting a look in at the moment. I am hooked!!
I'll have to agree with this post, It's a great game, really addictive.

I don't really like golf either but this is great. :D

shaneward2004 said:
yep since 1st of september!!

but only in UK tho? I can't find it stateside. :)

about the wallpapers ... hmm ..can you do a Serena Williams (tennis) one? :) thx in advance.

Butatista said:
Right, stupid question time.

Got my PSP yesterday and loving it :)

When it accesses the disc it make quite a loud noise, is this normal? I suspect it is but just want to check.

Iv got a japaneese psp and have had it since febuary, my drive is very quiet, however one of my mates got his psp a week after me (he saw it and couldnt resist!! \\:o/ ) and his drive is very noisey.

Another one of my mates gotta us one at the us launch and his drive is also very noisey. None of us has dropped thier baby ;) so its got nothing to do with that.

We have even tested the same UMD is the 3 different psp's and they where very loud on their 2 and almost silent on mine.

Cant wait to get back to uni now as there is 8 of us with PSP's now, they all copied off me! :lmao:

Just for the record my UMD collection is as follows :

Wipeout Pure (US)
NFL Street 2 : Unleashed (US)
Tony Hawks Underground 2 : Remix (US)
Lumines (US)
World Tour Soccer (US)
Gretzky NHL (US)
Ridge Racers (JAP)

And currently on my memory stick i have :
Virtua Tennis
Need For Speed Underground
Fired Up
World Snooker Championship
Mega Drive Emulator and 30 Games
Snes Emulator and 12 Games

I also got loads of games on my pc, i swap em around a bit now and then when im bored of em. Then come back to em later, just need to find a 10gig memorystick ;) To replace my 1gig which i currently have.

Gonna buy some more games once i get some more cash togeather, will probs buy Virtua Tennis and Tiger Woods 2006, oh and WE9 ;)

Cheers
Scottio

Thanks Shane.:D That was excellent! Just a cut and paste to get it on the psp?

Scottio200 said:
Iv got a japaneese psp and have had it since febuary, my drive is very quiet, however one of my mates got his psp a week after me (he saw it and couldnt resist!! \\:o/ ) and his drive is very noisey.

Another one of my mates gotta us one at the us launch and his drive is also very noisey. None of us has dropped thier baby ;) so its got nothing to do with that.

We have even tested the same UMD is the 3 different psp's and they where very loud on their 2 and almost silent on mine.

Cant wait to get back to uni now as there is 8 of us with PSP's now, they all copied off me! :lmao:

Just for the record my UMD collection is as follows :

Wipeout Pure (US)
NFL Street 2 : Unleashed (US)
Tony Hawks Underground 2 : Remix (US)
Lumines (US)
World Tour Soccer (US)
Gretzky NHL (US)
Ridge Racers (JAP)

And currently on my memory stick i have :
Virtua Tennis
Need For Speed Underground
Fired Up
World Snooker Championship
Mega Drive Emulator and 30 Games
Snes Emulator and 12 Games

I also got loads of games on my pc, i swap em around a bit now and then when im bored of em. Then come back to em later, just need to find a 10gig memorystick ;) To replace my 1gig which i currently have.

Gonna buy some more games once i get some more cash togeather, will probs buy Virtua Tennis and Tiger Woods 2006, oh and WE9 ;)

Cheers
Scottio

Where did you get your megadrive emulator and how much room does it need?

My battery door is slightly loose and I can feel it moving slightly when I play. Its not a great movement but enough to notice. Anyone else got this?

my battery door does not move.

try taking the battery out and then putting the flap back on and see if it still moves.

if it doesn't, then the battery could be out of alignment.

Yeah cheers Kenny I have tried that but it there is still some play in it. I read in the past other users having this issue but haven't seen any solutions to it. Its not as if I go back to the shop and exchange it as they don't have any left!!

Butatista said:
Where did you get your megadrive emulator and how much room does it need?

www.pspupdates.com

Will only run on 1.0 or 1.5 for now

Lots of other homebrew stuff on there also.

As for space, its only a few kb but the roms are what take most of the space, i have 50mb of roms on mine atm.

Cheers
Scottio

Scottio200 said:
www.pspupdates.com

Will only run on 1.0 or 1.5 for now

Lots of other homebrew stuff on there also.

As for space, its only a few kb but the roms are what take most of the space, i have 50mb of roms on mine atm.

Cheers
Scottio

Bollox, I am on 2.0. You say for the moment, I suppose its only a matter of time before 2.0 is supported?

Butatista said:
Bollox, I am on 2.0. You say for the moment, I suppose its only a matter of time before 2.0 is supported?

Spot on. But by then, Sony may have released another firmware update, so its pointless really. I don't bother with homebrew shite

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Spot on. But by then, Sony may have released another firmware update, so its pointless really. I don't bother with homebrew shite

I wouldn't usually, but I would like to play EA Hockey on my PSP, if only for a bit! :mrgreen:

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:

If sony release another update you dont have to upgrade to it. OK there will be forced firmware updates on future games but there is all ready a way around this, i can trick my PSP into thinking that it is 1.51,1.52 or 2.0 using homebrew. So when my GTA and WE9 come though the post i will not have to update, if it needs it.

I have been on 1.50 since feb and have never upgraded to 2.0, ok i dont get the web browser but tbh i have Wipeout and i can use that as my web browser for now.

But what i can do is play snes/megadrive/gameboy/Amega/Neo Geo/NES/Master System/Atari ST/MAME/SCUMM Games on my PSP, relive the olden days. \\:o/

Ok that might not be everyones cup of tea, but i wouldnt call it shite, not by a long way.

Another thing i can do is play games off my memorystick, i do believe in buying origionals when the game is good, however i dont wanna be spending £25 on a PSP Game and finding that it is totally crap. I really wanted to get NBA Street for my PSP a couple of weeks ago, but once i tried it and found that is was nothing compared to the PS2 version i decied to get a different game instead.

Cheers
Scottio

Would be good if i could transfer my save from the PC version and continue on the road. Where the PC game will not continue until you re-sync the save back so you cant cheat.

That would be cool

Cheers
scottio

Scottio200 said:
But what i can do is play snes/megadrive/gameboy/Amega/Neo Geo/NES/Master System/Atari ST/MAME/SCUMM Games on my PSP, relive the olden days. \\:o/

Ok that might not be everyones cup of tea, but i wouldnt call it shite, not by a long way.

I don't spend £200 on a handheld multimedia center so I can play old, 2D games :P

I don't really see why anyone would

Back
Top Bottom