Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

Thanx for that. Did you buy it for the PSP or for something else?

For the PSP mainly, but we've got a laptop we can now use wirelessly, and I figure its the way forward so..!

Plus alot of upcoming PSP games will no doubt be online *coughs* socom *coughs* :)

Just got Hot Shot Golf this morning. Great wee game, but how the hell do you read the greens when putting?

Also my psp can connect to my router. What knid of things can I connect to it for?

cdm316 said:
Also my psp can connect to my router. What knid of things can I connect to it for?

You can browse the internet using the WipeOut Pure browser hack, play Ad-Hoc games against people from all over the world using tunneling software, and play Infrastructure Mode games such as Twisted Metal

gam3r said:
i just put my screen protector on. Someone dust got under even though i cleaned it. Looks ok when the PSP is on but when its off doesnt look too good :( guess its worth the protection.

same here. i bought the hori screen protector. i made sure it was free of dust, and when i stuck it on, there were loads, maybe 30 or 40 tiny little bubbles with minute dust particles inside them. i looks like shit when it's turned off, but once it's on the aren't that noticeable...

guess it's impossible to not get any dust trapped in there...

I got a hori protector yesterday. I went mental putting it on, cus I just couldnt do it without getting loads of bubbles. It wasnt until I was trying to remove the red tab that I realized there was a second protector thing to remove to reveal the main protector!.. Soon as I did that I got the protector on perfect.
Miles better than the horrible textured thing that was on before.

If a PSP has a single dead pixel in a really unnoticable place, might it still develop some more?

I don't understand why people get so hung up on dead pixels! Mine has about 12 and I couldn't care less! Nothing can be done about it, and they're about the size of a pin so hardly noticeable.

Anyway, the reason I came to post was to say that I received Fifa Soccer a couple of days ago, and have now just put World Tour Soccer up for sale on eBay. Guess which I think is the better game? ;)

I just played FIFA and i find it very annoying. Thers alot of slowdown and loading times are terrible! WTS atleast has smoother gfx and is quite fun.

So now who do I listen to?
Is FIFA good or bad?

I personally find it very similar to the PS2 version, well obviously since its the same game, but if you HATED the ps2 version, i wouldnt recomend the PSP version because its basically the exact same engine.

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
I don't understand why people get so hung up on dead pixels! Mine has about 12 and I couldn't care less! Nothing can be done about it, and they're about the size of a pin so hardly noticeable.

Anyway, the reason I came to post was to say that I received Fifa Soccer a couple of days ago, and have now just put World Tour Soccer up for sale on eBay. Guess which I think is the better game? ;)

I have sent back 17" tfts for having one dead pixel, so it sure as hell isnt acceptable to have like 6 in a tiny screen like the PSP's, its shitty cheap ass sony at their best. Its a shame because its really an excellent little unit. I can take mines back thankfully, the guys in the shop are being really cool about it... I know you say it doesnt bother you but try watching a dark film or tv program like 24 and they will soon piss you off :(

ripkord said:
its shitty cheap ass sony at their best

As far as I knew, anything with an LCD screen is susceptible to having dead pixels, you just don't normally notice them on things like monitors because they're so small. Some people receive replacement after replacement until they get a PSP without any dead pixels. I just can't be bothered with the hassle

My friend has a DS with dead pixels. Theres nothing you can do about it.

Siroco said:
Fifa is always bad...except when compared to WTS. In that comparison, FIFA plays almost like WE.
Yeah definately. The question is, is Fifa the best footy game on the PSP at the moment? And in my opinion the answer is yes

If a PSP has a single dead pixel (in a place where you can hardly see it), what are the chances of it developing more than one? I can get a dirt cheap PSP with a single dead pixel in the very bottom right of the screen (I've seen it and played with it and I'm really not arsed), but if it develops any more then I'll be fucked and it's not like I can take it back (unless Sony\Sharp fix it, har har).

man, just buy it!

it's only a hundred quid! if you drop it down the drain the day after you buy it, you'll be pissed off, but it's only a console. you're not buying a house or a car...

Well you've got your house in the second-most-expensive-part-of-the-country and your £100,000 a year job - I've got precisely one-hundredth of that and I can't get a job due to "lack of experience"... It's a lot of money to me!!

I'm about 70% sure that a PSP cannot actually develop any more dead pixels, it just has X amount when it's put together or whatnot.

But I'd look for more concrete proof if your still unsure, cause I'm not totally sure myself

I heard the same thing too.
I hope thats true cuz I dont have any dead pixels so this could mean I'll never experience the problem.

Back
Top Bottom