Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

Highly noticeable or not, people have a right to be pissed off at spending $250 for a blemished gadget, right? An employee from a Chicago Best Buy store recently reported that they went through a period when 5 PSPs were returned a day for dead pixels. Perhaps some exageration behind those figures, but multiply this by thousands (tens of thousands?) of retailers around the world.

Last I heard, some 600,000 PSPs were sold in the U.S. -- which leaves a lot of inventory on store shelves. And a lot of returned units.

We gonna see the first price drops real soon or will Sony save face?

Dead Pixels CAN develop.

Not having them does not mean they wont appear with time.

Got Twisted Metal yesterday in replacement of me selling World Tour Soccer on eBay, tis a very fun game. Was impressed with the infrastructure mode, not much lag online, especially since you can only play against American players!

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
Got Twisted Metal yesterday in replacement of me selling World Tour Soccer on eBay
Just got WTS (and Lumines, and Wipeout, and Ridge Racer). Shame I can't play them as my frigging PSP hasn't arrived yet :( Is FIFA any better than WTS (yes I know it's been discussed earlier in the thread but this is for anyone who's just got it)?

i thought fifa was choppy to me i hated it so i sold it and got hot shots best deal ive ever done \\:o/

I prefer Fifa. World Tour Soccer is alot more fast paced, but is obvious it takes alot from the WE series. Fifa feels slower, but more tactical in that way. You can really pass the ball around and then get a teammate to make a run and slot through the perfect pass.

Just do what I did. Get WTS, play it for a bit and then if you get bored, whack it on eBay on a Buy It Now price of £25 with free P&P, someone is bound to buy it!

But isnt it boring without a career mode?

Not really. It's got more features than WTS (that only has a Cup and Challenge mode). On Fifa you can do a league, cup and lots of challenges

meh, i cant be arsed to type out another post so im just gonna copy it from where i posted earlier:

-----------------------------

Hi, im so proud of this(even though i know its nothing much), but this is the first ever program which i have made!

This nifty standalone tool will calculate what bitrate you should encode your videos at based upon other factors such as size, length and sound.

All u gotta do is put in the size u want the video to be, then the length of it and then the sound quality and then hit calculate!

Hope it works well for ya! I was thinking of making more tools and then combining them into 1. Anyone good at good ideas?

Cheers!

Download link : http://www.freewebs.com/hbown/PSPvidbitratecalcbygam3r.zip

enjoy

PSP Launcher is being released tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!!
It will let 1.50 users load up homebrew and emulators!!!!!!!!!

I hope its not fake.

Its apparently gonna be released at 2pm UK time.

It just got released (earlier than expected) and the bad news is that it requires 2 memory sticks.
So now I'm gonna have to go out and buy another one.

yeah I just found it. But how do you mean you need two memory sticks?

Pls explain. thanks

just got the file and just realised why you need another stick.

Yep flawl3ss, that guide is really hard to follow. I havnt got a clue in how to use it.

But im not gonna worry about it until I get myself another stick.

Adonis said:
yeah I just found it. But how do you mean you need two memory sticks?

Pls explain. thanks

You need to swap the memory sticks like how people used to play copies on their old PSX a few years ago.

I've read on a couple of forums that the hack has already messed up some peoples memory sticks, and even someones 1GB one! What a waste of money!

So theres no way I'm doing anything until its safer

so it dont work i but do uneed 2 memory sticks

Yeah. You need 2 memory sticks. One has all your emulators and games on, the other is like a bootdisc.
You but the "bootdisc" one in and load the application on it. Once it starts to load with the PSP logo, quickly take it out and put your other memory stick in with the games and then you can play SNES, NES, GB, GBC, NeoGeo CD, Mega Drive, Game Gear, Master System, PC Engine and many other games.

So if you think about the amount of games you can play, its probably worth going through the hassle.
But I'm a bit low on money so I cant afford to risk f*cking up any of my hardware using this method.

And Team Xecutor are still working on their method of running these applications so lets hope theirs dont require memory stick swapping.

by the way thier is now a way of doing it with one memory card look on psphacker.com
:)

Thats cuz you have to change the contents of your memory stick so fast in between the MS swap that the PSP will think its 2 MSs.

Doing a 2 memory stick swap is annoying enough but having to remove the memory stick, putting it into a card reader, replacing the files, taking it out of the card reader, and then putting it back into your PSP in the same amount of time is just friggin stupid.

Sounds a right pain in the arse to play games that arent even near the quality of those designed for the machine.

Why even bother.

Actually I tried it out and it wasnt as bad as it seems. You can download a program that will replace the files for you at the click of a button which makes things much easier.

Back
Top Bottom