Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

I heard that dead pixels are something that you'll either have the moment to start using the PSP or you'll never have.
So if you dont have any dead pixels right now, you'll never have them.

Anyone know if thats correct?

I'm also wondering this. I'm with Rune, as far as I knew, dead pixels were something that you did or did not have, and couldn't get any more

I WANT TO GIVE U ALL A TIP I AM TIPPING THIS GAME CALLED "Death Jr" looks amazing game its action,shooting game and it tippeed to be one of the antisipated games with ther likes of gta libery stories :) so watych out this game looks top :D

E3 ARTICLE ABOUT THE SHOW

A great article was written over advancedmn on their awards for upcoming games for PSP. You can check out the article here, or for those of you who don't have the time/patience to read it all, I'll sum it up:

Best Action Title: Death Jr.

Death Jr. just exudes what gaming is about: freshness and fun coupled with awesome control.

Best Adventure Title: Daxter

After this game, gamers will be saying “Jak who?” Well, maybe they won't, but they'll potentially be so impressed with Daxter's first solo outing... that we here at PSP Advanced foresee a bright future for this game's star.

Best Shooter: Socom: Fire Team Bravo

Running and gunning terrorists is just as easy on the PSP as it is on the console games.

Best Sports Title: Virtua Tennis: World Tour

Take some fast-paced sporting bliss crammed into one UMD disc and mix with awesome animations and graphics, bake for a couple months and out pops Virtua Tennis: World Tour hot and fresh.

Most Origional: Infected

What makes Infected unique is the reward that one can reap while playing head to head games. That reward is the ability to infect other players PSPs with your custom made avatar.

Bst Simulation Title: Sims 2

All of the Sims social elements are still in place while keeping with the overall story in mind. Make friends and you'll get helpful clues to solve mysteries; not a bad trade off.

Best Visuals: Coded Arms

Say all you want about graphics not being an important factor in a video game, but the rest of us will stare and drool at Coded Arms.

Best Racing Title: Burnout Legends

This game played like a dream with great control and that Burnout only feeling of escaping a huge crash by less than a second.

Game of Show: Death Jr.

We can't wait to get ahold of the final build and play this game to...death. This is the most anticipated game here at PSP Advanced and with good reason as it plays and looks great

Dead Pixels can just turn up. You are not neccesarily safe if you dont have them to begin with.I'll also say that the US PSP is supposed to have had way more returns for dead pixels than the Japanese machines.

I think its fairly common knowledge that the better screens are on the Japanese models, and the better screens are less liable to have DP's.

Also, can I point out to a couple of people asking on the last page, the 1000 and 1000K have NO BEARING on the firmware. 1000 is the standard PSP Pack, 1000K is the Value Pack, thats all.

Find out from the main menu what version of firmware you are running..

All US models start on v1.5. Japs on V1.0, useful for homebrew.

New Japanese games like Space Invaders require the firmware upgrade before you can play it. More games are likely to follow suit.

Ohhh and Hot Shots Golf > you.

:D

Last edited:

i just put my screen protector on. Someone dust got under even though i cleaned it. Looks ok when the PSP is on but when its off doesnt look too good :( guess its worth the protection.

EDIT: i cannot wait till WE/PES comes out! im gonna wet my pants when they announce it

I've got a choice between a US PSP for £130 and a Jap PSP for £160. Don't know what to do. Got less than a day to decide. Advice!!

I'd go for the JAP one cuz that might have firmware version 1.0 which lets you run emulators or other homebrew stuff.

But I got a JAP PSP and some fucker had updated the firmware to 1.5 for me. SO you never know.

The JAP one is 1.5... The more I read the more I think I'm gonna go with the US one, apparently the difference is brightness and that's a tiny difference anyway. With the £30 saving I could get a game (Hot Shots really isn't my thing, I can't stand golf bar Links, but Lumines is apparently the next best thing)!

You cant stand golf bar Links, a golf game?

If you enjoy Links, surely you'll enjoy any golf game, what with them all being incredibly similar.HSG is brilliant, Lumines second best and Mercury third.

I'd still say go for the Jap machine, what with the ability to play UK UMD's, the screen is better and the firmware should be 1.0 IF its new.

JAp > US everytime.

As people keep pointing out to me with US machines though, the US UMDs are cheaper and will be available sooner than UK ones. Not that I'd ever buy a movie for a PSP anyway, I'd rather watch it on a widescreen telly thanks! The firmware is 1.5, I've asked (and all the ones from elsewhere that sells 1.0 versions are selling them for £250+), and the screen... Well, I'm still unsure about that. The difference is apparently (from someone who has seen both) very very little. But... Peh. I don't know.

Hmm fair enough mate.

I'd say you've made your mind up already> Get the US one, I am sure it'll be fine and as you said, its cheaper.

Chris Davies said:
As people keep pointing out to me with US machines though, the US UMDs are cheaper and will be available sooner than UK ones. Not that I'd ever buy a movie for a PSP anyway, I'd rather watch it on a widescreen telly thanks! The firmware is 1.5, I've asked (and all the ones from elsewhere that sells 1.0 versions are selling them for £250+), and the screen... Well, I'm still unsure about that. The difference is apparently (from someone who has seen both) very very little. But... Peh. I don't know.

I have played both. I recomend a Japenese one, worth that little bit extra. Better screen, I assure you, also many US PSP's haven gone down the drain, dead pixels etc.

A Megadrive emulator for the PSP has just been released.
Has anyone here tried any kind of emulation with the PSP?

Stringer Bell said:
What are dead pixels?
Its when a tiny dot appears on the screen that never changes color, they never ever go away.

ashmufc said:
I have played both. I recomend a Japenese one, worth that little bit extra. Better screen, I assure you, also many US PSP's haven gone down the drain, dead pixels etc.

I concur, this is very similar news to what I have heard and what I would expect considering the screen quality is better on Jap machines.

Way more issues with the American PSP's.

Brilliant isnt it. I only connected mine to the web for the first time just the other day through the Wipeout browser.

Its a pain to type text but easy enough to use. I can sit on my couch watching telly, surfing teh pron

Its proper cool.

P-dogg said:
Its a pain to type text but easy enough to use. I can sit on my couch watching telly, surfing teh pron

Amen to that! ;)

Now I'm just downloading the new content for WipeOut Pure :D

Last edited:

Could someone find me a link to a cheap wireless router that lets me connect with the PSP, please?
Can you use any wireless router?

its got to be wi-fi check ebay and type in wireless router for psp im sure you will find some

If I get a Jap (or a US) PSP off eBay and it's got a dead pixel, would Sony or Samsung or Sharp fix it (a few people are claiming this)?

you can hardly see the 3 dead pixels on my friends psp.

only when it is pitch black on games you can just about see them, but it just looks like dust.

Chris Davies said:
If I get a Jap (or a US) PSP off eBay and it's got a dead pixel, would Sony or Samsung or Sharp fix it (a few people are claiming this)?

only if you send it back to america or japan, and even then I dont know if the will, but sony uk sure as hell wont.

I'm waiting to buy until the piss poor selection of sports games situation is rectified. This may take a while.

Footy? Forget it

Baseball? MLB ain't too hot, reportedly

Hockey? Gretzky???...doesn't cut it. Anything on the horizon approaching ESPN NHL quality, anytime soon?

Basketball? Anything on the horizon approaching ESPN NBA quality, anytime soon?

Football??? I'm boycotting all Madden titles, so even a PSP version of Madden wouldn't cut it here.

Golf? Good title in this category but golf ain't a sport.

The only hope comes from WE, MVP, and Virtua Tennis. Throw in some SSX, perhaps.

Footy? Forget it

Baseball? MLB ain't too hot, reportedly

Hockey? Gretzky???...doesn't cut it. Anything on the horizon approaching ESPN NHL quality, anytime soon?

Basketball? Anything on the horizon approaching ESPN NBA quality, anytime soon?

Football??? I'm boycotting all Madden titles, so even a PSP version of Madden wouldn't cut it here.

Golf? Good title in this category but golf ain't a sport

Ok baseball the only game out for this is MLB

Ice Hockey theres only gretzy

Basketball theres only NBA 2005 i think thats out for the psp

Football-soccer-there is fifa 2005,world tour soccer,WE IS COMING OUT NEAR NOVEMBER FOR PSP

American football-Nfl street that looks really good

Golf- Hot Shots Golf i got it today its pure class cant put it down really im not a big fan of golf but this game changes mind

put in wiresless router in ebay it will come up ive checked

Back
Top Bottom