Sony PSP/Vita

Re: PSP - The Official Thread

I really want one of these and I just barely have enough money (either for one of these or towards a laptop) - but what are the must-have games for it? The only game I've really been attracted to so far is Football Manager 2006, and that doesn't look like it has the 2D match engine which is naff (so I'd rather have the laptop), and isn't out until Christmas (so I might as well hold out for a UK PSP in-case of any future "issues")!

What games are you lot loving (apart from "Everybody's Golf" etc. which I wouldn't play in a million years)?

Milanista said:
Thers a mod out which allows us to play multiplayer with 1 copy of a game....WOO
How does it work?

something to do with playing in AD-Hoc mode. Im not entirely sure.

i might just use my 32mb card for game saves i spose. Makes sense :).

Can wait till the 512MB card comes! im gonna put star wars episode 3 on it :D yay.
Great time to own a PSP, as the homebrew and dev scene is moving along faster(hint hint)

Chris Davies said:
What games are you lot loving (apart from "Everybody's Golf" etc. which I wouldn't play in a million years)?

you've obviously never played everybody's golf, have you? ;)

dsgg said:
i got a grip for it. its like holding a ps2 pad and it has a 10 hour bat in side it (not sure about the 10 hours but even if its only 5 thats cool to me) from ebay its so much more easy to hold makes a big differents to me anyway and all for £11

SONY PSP PlayStation Handy Joypad Grip 10 Hour Battery

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=91513&item=8194589563&rd=1

am i correct in thinking that this will (in theory) increase the battery life of the psp, between charges, from 4 hours up to 14 hours?

indeed sir. and if you have big hands its so much better to hold while playing

Grrr just noticed about 6 dead pixels watching an episode of 24, now I cant help but see them all the time, ffs..... I checked it before I bought it aswell, god dammit. I doubt the place I bought it will take it back... so what do I do..... send it to Sony Japan?

Edit- The shop I got it from says they will exchange it :D

Last edited:

Are the 1000K versions any good (seemingly the only one I can afford I found in a shop in Liverpool today, but it's a 1000K version - I presume that's the BIOS, and that it's a bad thing)?

Also, do you think that waiting until the UK release will hold any benefits (I don't want to get one of these only for Sony to say when Football Manager's out "you don't have a UK PSP so you can't play it")?

Last edited:

I might wait for the UK version and see if the battery life gets improved... Good idea\bad idea? What's all your battery lives like?

Last edited:

YEAH!!!

my psp came this morning! no import tax to pay, so in all it cost me £135, including postage! only took 5 days too!

Chris Davies said:
I might wait for the UK version and see if the battery life gets improved... Good idea\bad idea? What's all your battery lives like?

Battery life is pretty good, I haven't actually ran out once yet, but I charge it every 2 - 3 nights.

The PSP itself is region free, but its down to the developers discretion to region lock their games. So if you have a Jap PSP, there's always a chance you may not be able to play some games, dependant on whether or not they're region locked to the UK or US.

I can't imagine developers would do that though!

Everybodys Golf is the best game on PSP at the mo.

It just keeps you playing for ages. Lumines and Mercury didnt get this much time in my PSP.

*runs off for another round*

P-dogg said:
Everybodys Golf is the best game on PSP at the mo.

It just keeps you playing for ages. Lumines and Mercury didnt get this much time in my PSP.

*runs off for another round*

if it's even half as good as the ps1 or ps2 versions, i'll be delighted - i loved those games! 'everybody's golf vs. tiger woods' is like the 'pro evo vs. fifa' debate. whereas most people buy the later 2, everybody's golf and pro evo are enjoyed by those in the know!

so what's the difference between the bios/system versions?

i'm about to get a PSP this week and i wanna be able to do all the cool stuff such as watchin movies, pics, mp3, etc.

Nothing except that on the very first JAP version (1.0), you can run homebrew and emulators meaning you play SNES, NES, GB/C, and a few other console games on the PSP.
Which I think is a good reason to get a 1.0 PSP. I have 1.5 but I'd kill for a 1.0 right now.

I have a V1 machine, woo hoo

is it possible to have a psp-1000, but have firmware 1.5?

on the box, mine says psp-1000, but how do i check which firmware revision i have?

Just got one for £130 :) What are the must-have games then? So far I've got Wipeout Pure, World Tour Soccer and Ridge Racer (is it better than NFS) on my to-get list...

Edit: Yikes - where sells them cheapest?

Last edited:

vr6_highline said:
is it possible to have a psp-1000, but have firmware 1.5?

on the box, mine says psp-1000, but how do i check which firmware revision i have?

I have a JAP PSP which is 1000 but has a 1.5 firmware.

Chris Davies said:
Just got one for £130 :) What are the must-have games then? So far I've got Wipeout Pure, World Tour Soccer and Ridge Racer (is it better than NFS) on my to-get list...

hot shots golf - you MUST get this! i know you think you'll hate it, but you won't! underneath the cute graphics is an shit-hot golf game, in fact - the best out there...

yes i bought it for 20 quid hot shots or everybodys golf as u may know it here,its amazing game top class even if you dont like golf its still good

Not into golf... Sorry, but I'm the one missing out I suppose!! Any other games due for release soon? Oh and what's the best screen protector thing?

Is it really that good? I must buy it then.

SHIT. I've got a US version, misleading bastard arsehole. Is the screen really that much less clear than the Japanese version? Any links with more info about this?

and if u have the us vesion psp u cant get english movies

I'm not bothered about the movies; no way am I getting a UMD when I could get a DVD.

After a bit of research apparently the difference isn't worth worrying about; for the cost of a slightly duller screen you have less chance of dead pixels with a US PSP (apparently). Which is a massive relief.

Back
Top Bottom