Sony PlayStation 3

I'd guess Gamestation as they have tons of traded in cables and things at my store in bags behind the counter for like 50p. You could just give them a ring and ask.

Yes for a Slim, I ended up buying one outright in the end, I've got all the big hitters within 2 minutes of each other in town and none of them had the cable.

I'll just use the cable that is in the Slim box and trade in the 60GB later this week and get most of my money back.

I got one as well.
CD - if you know someone who has the beta you should be able to get it from them via their download history. I'd offer but we've tried before and know that my PSN is at it's limit.

Failing that they're sending more and more out each week so you should be in the next batch.

---

40% in on the in game update (the 2 gig ish one) and my PS3 decided to turn itself off. Now when I turn it on I just get a blinking red light and I can't get the lovefilm disc out of the drive.

Just F N typical.

Last edited:
Thank you kindly sir. I love Evo-Web, you don't get this anywhere else. :CRY:

Rad that's really bad news about the PS3, are you having any more luck with it now or is it going to have to go to Sony?

no MAG code for me either! they said its a first come first serve and i applied pretty early!

doh!

You've been recruited into the MAG beta‏

:) i was checking the wrong email lmao

Last edited:
My brothers going to be giving me his 60 gigger at the weekend as he bought a slim line and has a spare.

The blue screw on the HDD is just completely screwed. The hole in the centre is mashed up and the outer rim of the screw where you'd grab it with some pliers is scratched and hacked at so when I grab hold the pliers just slip off. My dad has a tool that can unscrew stuffed up screws so we'll be trying that at the weekend when he comes across and hopefully it works and we can boot it without the hhd eject the disc and see if that has fixed the problem (as in only the HDD was knackered).

Thankfully I'm not in the middle or close to the end of any games so the lost save files aren't going to bug me. I don't havce any music, movies or photos of importance on there either. Oh and when it crashed the first time, when I booted it back up I synced my trophies right away and then after the console worked okay for half an hour I tried the game again 9and then it crashed after 10 minutes of play) so I've not lost any of the trophies I've unlocked over the last few days.

£120 is a joke. I mean I'm sure they could fix the problem for much less than that and ship it back to me - especially as a red light is supposed to mean a HDD fault. But they only offer refurbs.

SEGA leaks Sony's plans for PS2 emulation on PS3

SEGA has let a pretty fat cat out of the bag by releasing confidential notes from a meeting with Sony Computer Entertainment America.

Sony wants to release all PS2 games on the PlayStation 3, according to a meeting between SEGA America and SCEA.

The meeting was held on August 5th, with comments regarding SEGA's PS3 and PSP releases, as well as Sony's plans for the console in the near future.

There's mention of a big announcement at the back half of this year, which we now know is the PS3 Slim and price cut. However, there's finally confirmation that Sony is interested in emulating all PlayStation 2 games.

The notes reveal that "SCEA wants to sell all PS2 titles on PSN." Whether this will come as a case by case basis, like the God of War remastering, or that Sony is creating a universal emulator for all PS3 models is unknown. Grand Theft Auto Vice City is one of the titles mentioned.

Since this meeting was held in August of this year, the PS3 Slim and its hardware would have been in the company's mind - so there must be plans to overcome the difficulties of the missing PS2 GPU.

There's also mention of how these games would be marketed, with PS3 controllers shown in PS2 TV ads.

The link to this confidential information is now broken, but can be found via NeoGAF.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=17695474&postcount=1

That's true - I think Charlie will be getting a PS3 now! ;)

(I should just say though Charlie the 360 has backwards compatibility as well. ;) Pales in comparison to the PS3 backwards compatibility though, it's not every game, it's a short list. No Oddworld games on it, my favourite games of all-time. :()

Rad, get this instead mate. for £40 more you will get a brand new PS3

2009-09-21161343.jpg

Anyone have any experience selling consoles on ebay?

CEX won't buy my PS3 because the front cover is slightly loose :BRICK:

Don't know how it happened, I haven't physically moved it in over a year.

Costco. You have to have a membership to get in, which costs money per year, but it's worth it.

You can get some immense stuff in there.

The girlfriends mum is a member there.. I think my dad might be as well. Hmm interesting. Just a shame I've been offered my brothers now for free (which has an extended 2 year warranty with it).

Back
Top Bottom