Sony PlayStation 3

I wish we could perform background downloads of patches. Just went to play Pain and there's FIVE patches to download!

First was 200MB+, second was 100MB+, third is 384MB and I don't know what the rest are but it's all adding up to a fair bit!

There is a new patch for Singstar, it includes PSN presence and a video editor. Testing now.

From Sony official forums....

SingStar Patch 4.20 is now live

Features Revised in Version 4.20

SingStar Clubs.
Online player profile badges.
Indication of the players' online status.
Display of the players' status on the Friends list.
Context sensitive menus.
Options menu update.

Singstar Clubs? :LOL:

MAG Beta keys are being sent out starting tomorrow and each day after that until they're all gone. They'll be sending them in order of when you signed up.

Anyone else see the PS3 YLOD fixing on Watchdog? Seems pretty easy to fix and I'm sure easier to fix yourself or have someone do it rather than send it to Sony for £128.

No but I heard they were going to show something about it tonight - I thought it would be a 'people complained, we asked sony and they haven't commented' type thing. not a 'how to fix it'.

It pretty much was. Sony declined that there's a big problem with the YLOD and said they'd repair any for free within one year. Nothing we didn't know beforehand.

They just had these two guys in who parked a van outside Sony HQ and fixed 11 PS3's in a few hours, apparantly 4 weren't working again a week later but the others are fine. They fixed five on the show and they all powered up fine.

Something to do with resoldering connections on the board, and it's been the same problem EVERY time, something which Sony say isn't the case and it could be a number of things.

It pretty much was. Sony declined that there's a big problem with the YLOD and said they'd repair any for free within one year. Nothing we didn't know beforehand.

They just had these two guys in who parked a van outside Sony HQ and fixed 11 PS3's in a few hours, apparantly 4 weren't working again a week later but the others are fine. They fixed five on the show and they all powered up fine.

Something to do with resoldering connections on the board, and it's been the same problem EVERY time, something which Sony say isn't the case and it could be a number of things.

sounds like the same issues with the 360's GPU? the fix for the 360 is similar ie resoldering it and doing the X clamp

Funny that sony say the problem could be anything and yet they still charge £150 for the repair no matter what they find.

I made a 24 wallpaper (1600x900) for my laptop a while ago and surprisingly it holds up pretty well as my PS3 wallpaper too. I'm going to make some more.

Im thinking of getting shut of my ps3 now, ive had it since they came out and its been nothing but a glorified media player. Games on my 360 seeem to run smoother and i prefer the 360's controllers -

Is there any factors with upcoming games im going to miss out on if i get shut of my ps3?

If anything, I'm finding I prefer my PS3 as a console to my 360.

I'm not noticing much/any difference between games on the consoles, I MUCH prefer the PS3 as a media centre, I like the XMB more than the 360 dashboard, and obviously not having to pay for online is good too.

Maybe the 360 controller is nicer and I prefer Gamerscore to Trophies (only because all 360 games have achievements whereas not all PS3 games have trophies).

If I did sell one console, it'd be an easy decision, 360 would go.

That's the spirit Dags :D

I thought all new games had to have trophies now? I think that's been the case since April this year. I also prefer the Gamerscore idea, mainly because it's a score rather than actual trophies and it doesn't look so bad when you can't be bothered to finish a game.

Last edited:
Anyone know any high street shops that I can get a composite cable from?

I can't find the cable one that came with my PS3, I've only found the scart bit of the cable.

I'm going to trade in my PS3 today and the composite is the final piece.

Back
Top Bottom