Sony PlayStation 3

YouTube has launched a fancy version of its website tailored specially for PlayStation 3 and Wii owners using television displays.

Direct browsers to www.youtube.com/tv to access the new service, which has bigger and clearer text as well as a simplified layout for easier navigation.

The videos appear larger than they do on regular YouTube, but don't appear to be of any higher quality, leading to quite blocky clips.

Those eager for a look on PC need to install Firefox and the Download User Agent Switcher. Once that's done, go to Tools, User Agent Switcher, Options and type "Mozilla/5.0 (PLAYSTATION 3; 2.00)" in the user agent field. Assuming you're as boring as we are.

Switch to that new agent you will be able to view the YouTube TV website.

Members - I don't know who runs it but a beta guy from the forums was the one whop suggested it so i assume he's doing something over there

Flower Blooms Official Release Date

flower_01.jpg

Flower, the poetic new PlayStation Network titles from the creators of PSN favorite flOw has sprouted a release date, popping out of the ground in early February.

President and co-founder of thatgamecompany Kellee Santiago announced a February 12th release date for the game that has managed to impress us on more than one occasion, and then struggles to describe it, calling in members of the development team to help her out, with mixed results.

http://kotaku.com/5134414/flower-blooms-official-release-date
---------------------------------------------------------------

Eurogamer Flower Hands On
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/flower-hands-on

=

Your PlayStation 3 is about to graduate to version 2.60, as new firmware for the console is coming soon (read: actually really soon). What's it add? New multimedia features and "guest access."

That guest access is limited to the PlayStation Store, designed for those fearful of joining the 17 million-strong PlayStation Network. Yes, you can now browse the PlayStation Store without an account! Hooray!

Potentially more exciting are new multimedia features, including support for DivX 3.11 encoding and a new Photo Gallery application. The Photo Gallery itself is a 100 MB download, according to PlayStation Network Operations director Eric Lempell, and will give PS3 owners new ways to sort, display and manage their pictures.

Video of the thing in action can be seen at the official U.S. PlayStation blog.

I noticed that Skate 2 got Day 1 paid for DLC yesterday, EA have no shame.

I saw a load of people on gamefaqs complaining about the difficulty of the challenges and that they bought the dlc so they could just play the game and have fun.

I thought that in the demo some the challenges were a bit hard and unresponsive.

Ah I've heard about these Yakuza games, supposed to be really good?

They sound similar to Shenmue as well?

Yea, never played one myself either, but they are meant to be good and Shenmue was the first thing I thought of when I saw the screenshots! :)

Golf minigame!

I played the first title a bit. I don't think I ever thought of it as a Shenmue style game. It seemed more like a beat em up but with areas where you have to walks from a to b. Unless it became more shenmue like later on in the game.

Upcoming USA PLAYSTATION® Store Content

Thursday, January 29th, 2009

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC

The Oasis Album Track Pack

1.) "The Turning"
2.) "I'm Outta Time"
3.) "(Get Off Your) High Horse Lady"
4.) "Falling Down"
5.) "To Be Where There's Life"
6.) "Ain't Got Nothin"
7.) "The Nature of Reality"
8.) "Soldier On"

Rock Band DLC

Grateful Dead Pack 2

Hell In a Bucket
Don't Ease Me In
Cold Rain & Snow
Doin' That Rag
Fire On the Mountain
Uncle John's Band

Mirror's Edge DLC

* PS3 owners will be able to download a PS3-exclusive level for free
* Seven all-new Time Trial maps

LittleBigPlanet DLC

* God Of War Mini Pack
* Kratos Costume
* Groundhog Day Costume(Free)

SingStar Update

* Kylie Minogue - "Confide In Me"
* Modern Talking - "Cheri Cheri Lady"
* Paul McCartney & Wings - "Jet"
* Rita Red Shoes - "Dream on Girl"
* Suede - "Everything Will Flow"
* Suede - "Saturday Night"
* Supergrass - "Diamond Hoo Ha Man"
* The Divine Comedy - "National Express"
* The Divine Comedy - "Something for the Weekend"
* Westlife - "Fool Again"
* Will Young - "Grace"
* Wings - "Band On The Run"

Savage Moon

Has anyone read anything about when the Pixel Junk Eden patch will finally make its way to Europe?

Nope Tobi, it was supposed to be in December for Europe but I haven't heard anything since.

As I posted that I found some info, the official site says its due today.

Back
Top Bottom