Sony PlayStation 3

Jesus Nick what do you do with em?
With this latest one the rubber cap's come loose on the left stick, it just spins round, it makes your thumb slip off.
I could open it up and replace the stick with one of my many other scrapped pads but I want to try the DS's to see if they are more robust, plus the old pads are a stinker to put back together... :THINK:

I thought it was something you had to download from the store? Like an add on?

Nah, Eden is a completely different game to Monsters. A patch is supposed to come out which changes a few things, but as per usual Sony, looks like it's been delayed.

An admin over in Europe's Official PlayStation Community says Sony will in fact patch a bothersome trophy-related bug that, in worst-case scenarios, borks certain games completely until one does a console backup-restore.

There was some concern that the bug would never be patched, because complaints first surfaced about it back in October and were never answered or fixed, even after the 2.53 firmware released. But Community Team Leader MusterBuster declared last week: " A fix is on the way, but I don't have an ETA yet."

The bug occurs when users change their PSN ID or password, corrupting their Trophy data. When that happens, a certain number of games will deliver an error notice saying it failed to synchronize the Trophy data. In worst cases, the message simply loops, meaning the game is inaccessible until the corrupt data is removed from the console, which requires a pain-in-the-ass backup and restore.

ComputerAndVideoGames.com, which spotted the patch news, says known titles affected by the bug include Wipeout HD, Burnout Paradise, LittleBigPlanet and Pain. Meantime, if this happens to you, here's the fix as reported by CVG:

• Delete your Game Data (that's the install files for a game, NOT the Save Data).
• Use the Backup option in the PS3's XMB to create a full backup of your hard drive.
• Restore your PS3 from the backup.
• Your trophies will all be gone but don't panic - that data will be stored on Sony's servers. Just reinstall the game, install the Trophy data and the sync should work fine. Maybe.

Of course, you can also not change your PSN ID or password until you get word this thing is repaired.

Nah, Eden is a completely different game to Monsters. A patch is supposed to come out which changes a few things, but as per usual Sony, looks like it's been delayed.
Oh I know that, I just thought they may have done something similar for Eden patch thingymajig. I wish they didn't delay so much stuff. :BORED:

Upcoming PLAYSTATION® Store Content
Tuesday, December 23rd, 2008

THAT'S TOMORROW

Guitar Hero World Tour DLC

Reggae Rock Track Pack

* "Jimi" by Slightly Stoopid
* “Your Face” by Pepper
* “Sacrifice” by the Expendables

Hard Rock Track Pack

* Hinder - "Use Me"
* Nickeback - "Because of You"
* Rev Theory - "Light it Up"

Rock Band DLC

Holiday Track Pack

* "Hanukkah Blessings" - Barenaked Ladies
* "Christmas Is The Time To Say I Love You" - Billy Squier
* "Blue Christmas" - The Pretenders

Foo Fighters Track Pack

* "This Is a Call"
* "Times Like These"
* "DOA"

High Velocity Bowling DLC

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2008/12/18/high-velocity-bowling-–-new-dlc-and-holiday-surprises/

Savage Moon

(As stated in Pulse)

PAIN DLC

http://playstationlifestyle.net/200...-2-new-characters-available-before-christmas/

LittleBigPlanet DLC

Metal Gear Solid Sackboys!!!
3119251516_f7b086bd81_m.jpg
3119251536_59c662d80e_m.jpg

LBP_MGS_Costume_GroupLBP_MGS_Level_Kit

Metal Gear Solid Premium Costume Pack
You’ve seen Solid Snake, but have you seen the rest of the cast? (well, ok…maybe you have… ) Meryl Silverburgh, Screaming Mantis & Raiden each have their own costumes from the MGS world. Get all 4 characters for the price of 3 at $5.99 on the PS Store, or pick your favorite and buy it individually for $1.99.

Metal Gear Solid Premium Level Pack
Now that you know about our Festive Level Pack, which fills your Pop-it tool with a ton of “Create” materials, objects and stickers, our Premium Level Packs introduce that and a whole lot more. So without further adeu…lets talk about what’s inside the MGS Level Pack (and this time we mean “Level” pack…)

* First off, you’ll get a new Sackboy costume… the Gurlokovich Soldier
3118423871_8e3952f3e2.jpg

* 3 new background music tracks
* 1 new interactive music track
* 1 new Metal Gear Solid themed ‘sound object’
* New Plasma Ball ‘danger element’
* New Laser Sight ‘gadget’
* New functioning Searchlight lamp – for those special ‘exclamation mark’ moments

…and finally, the piece de resistance…THE PAINTINATOR (and Paint Switch)

Lumines Supernova
http://playstationlifestyle.net/2008/12/21/rumored-us-ps-store-content-for-12232008/

Extra news

LUMINES SUPERNOVA ON DEC 23 in USA:
Q Entertainment is bringing us an early Christmas present -- they have just announced that Lumines Supernova will be released on Tuesday, December 23rd and priced at $14.99. The game will feature two brand new modes: Dig Down Mode, where you attempt to reach the bottom of a playfield already filled with blocks, and Sequencer Mode, which allows you to create your own music utilizing different sounds and loops. Another highlight, of course, is the LittleBigPlanet skin that will be included in the Challenge Mode. Finally, Trophies will be supported at launch -- check out the list right here.

[UPDATE] Sadly, Europeans will have a little longer to wait. They won't be getting the title until "early 2009."

Monster update! Definitely getting Lumines ta very much!

Must play HVB more too - I actually fired it up the other day, downloaded the patch that added online play and trophies, then had to go out :(

Age of Booty Exploration and Review
YouTube - Scott's Stuff - Age of Booty Exploration and Review

The most fun I've had with a PSN game since Pixeljunk Monsters. I love this game! My only negative point at the moment is I haven't found any way of downloading user made maps without going online and playing against someone on their map and then later going into map editor and scrolling to 'recent maps' and then saving.

It would be nice if they had a server like farcry2 or LBP where you could search for maps

Some quality deals at ShopTo. I might pick Dark Sector up, only £7.99 delivered!

I've got the Age Of Booty demo but I just couldn't get into it. I was hoping it would be a Sid Meiers Pirates kinda game but it wasn't :(

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah Shopto.net have some great deals at the moment. I ordered Little Big Planet for £19.99 and Far Cry 2 for £17.99. Resistance 2 is also £19.99 but is out of stock at the moment.

oohhh... I'd say Farcry2 but only just. I don't get ME. I borrowed it from my brother and .. it's just a strange one. It reminds of of the stuntman games in that there is one true path to take and it's trial and error until you find it... which means lots of running around like a headless chicken looking for something red and lots of jumping at things and missing them and dying.

Farcry isn't without it's faults.. the missions are miles apart from each other so it involves loads and LOADS of driving around to get somewhere only to be told to go somewhere else and then you die and have to do it all again.

Mirrors Edge is pretty exhilarating when it gets it right. Like a racing game in that you are always on the edge and looking to 'clip' apexes to get the best times.

Its got online leaderboards for fastest routes (and more coming in free DLC in Jan I believe).

That said, I've not played it in ages - probably due to the quality of all the other games released recently more than anything specific against Mirrors Edge...

Savage Moon is on the EU store, no demo though.

With the prices of games this Christmas, I'd rather buy one retail game than two PSN titles though.

Some games have been reduced in price. Wipeout HD now has a demo (1040mb) and is now only £11.99. Super Stardust HD is £3.99 as is The Last Guy, Pain and flOw.

Back
Top Bottom