Sony PlayStation 3

Quick early impressions/review of Elefunk

The idea of the game is to get your elephant(s) from one area to another without them falling down into the abyss. You do this by using the items you have to re-enforce the bridges so they can withstand the weight of the elephant(s).

The first level is basically a horizontal bridge across a short gap - you have a limited supply of item and have to use them to make sure the bridge gets the ele across. The faster you do this and with the least amount of items used the higher your score and rank.

Despite being the first level this still had me scratching my head for a while and i ended up quitting and going into the options to do the tutorial which is the same level. Shortly later i figured out how the items work the best and nailed it.

For example

A block like this
}{
Would support weight on each side
-> }{ <-
But wont support any weight from above and it will break

The levels get harder and harder though - the second level called 'support me' gives you a bit of a clue what to do and i was doing the complete opposite over and over until i clicked... but even then i still had to figure out how to support each section of the bridge.

There is a lot of trial and error and I'm not sure but id guess that there aren't that many different ways to getting past the levels.

It's a fun cheap little game.
Lastly - buy it from the US Store for $4.99 instead of the EU Store (£4.99)

Last edited:
Quick early impressions/review of Elefunk

The idea of the game is to get your elephant(s) from one area to another without them falling down into the abyss. You do this by using the items you have to re-enforce the bridges so they can withstand the weight of the elephant(s).

The first level is basically a horizontal bridge across a short gap - you have a limited supply of item and have to use them to make sure the bridge gets the ele across. The faster you do this and with the least amount of items used the higher your score and rank.

Despite being the first level this still had me scratching my head for a while and i ended up quitting and going into the options to do the tutorial which is the same level. Shortly later i figured out how the items work the best and nailed it.

For example

The levels get harder and harder though - the second level called 'support me' gives you a bit of a clue what to do and i was doing the complete opposite over and over until i clicked... but even then i still had to figure out how to support each section of the bridge.

There is a lot of trial and error and I'm not sure but id guess that there aren't that many different ways to getting past the levels.

It's a fun cheap little game.
Lastly - buy it from the US Store for $4.99 instead of the EU Store (£4.99)

Cheers for that - may look into it when I get my broadband back. First game I'm gonna get though is PixelJunk Monsters - dunno why I missed it first time round. Eden looks good too - wonder when that is out?

Got a shit load of DLC to get for RB and SS as well!

I heard that on the podcast and I wouldn't be suprised if it was true.

Heavy Rain was shown behind closed doors at E3 and its under NDA but people were very impressed with what they saw, another game Sony didn't show at the conference.

The second bits of information came from Sony. At the PAL specific press briefing David Reeves said that they had about 12 announcements to make at Leipzig, far more than what made its way out at E3.

Some print media were given a private preview screening of Heavy Rain at E3. The developers (Quantic Dream) were also present at the Sony briefing and while they weren’t able to talk about Heavy Rain at E3 outside of the private screening they did hint at more open access to information about the game at GC.

:THINK:

The next Singstar will also be shown, wireless bluetooth mics please!!!

Last edited:
I've got a Plantronics USB one that I use for Skype on PC and gaming on PS3 - good quality and has volume/mute on the USB cable which is useful.

Are they ultra-sensitive though? I bought a Jabra headset, the model up from the one recommended for PS3, and if a cat walking past the house farts the mic picks it up.

If anyone else talks in the game, even with the output being set to headset-only (not through the speakers), the mic even picks that up, so everything echoes constantly. I've tried fiddling with sensitivity settings on the PS3 but from what I've read it only affects chats from the XMB and not in-game speech.

I'd buy a new one if it meant everything stopped echoing all the time, but I've read that all Bluetooth headsets are extra sensitive because it helps when you're driving through London and you need it to pick up everything.

Are they ultra-sensitive though? I bought a Jabra headset, the model up from the one recommended for PS3, and if a cat walking past the house farts the mic picks it up.

If anyone else talks in the game, even with the output being set to headset-only (not through the speakers), the mic even picks that up, so everything echoes constantly. I've tried fiddling with sensitivity settings on the PS3 but from what I've read it only affects chats from the XMB and not in-game speech.

I'd buy a new one if it meant everything stopped echoing all the time, but I've read that all Bluetooth headsets are extra sensitive because it helps when you're driving through London and you need it to pick up everything.
That's the main reason I want a USB headset JB...

I had a Jabra bluetooth headset too but got rid of it and bought a wired PC headset that was compatible with the PS3.

The Logitech headset I have is great, as there is no crackling/echo and the sound is so much better. It seems to have added bass aswell, and sounds just like a proper stereo headset whereas the Jabra always sounded like it was a mono headset. There is also plenty of cord (just over 2M).

I didn't really want to get a wired one, virtually everything across the house is wireless as there's enough wires behind the PCs/TVs as there is. But saying that if it's a big improvement then I'll have to invest.

How does that Logitech one work, do you get just speech through it or speech and game sound? If I had those headphones on I'd have to turn the TV up a bit louder to hear the game, I don't see the sense in that! :eh:

Unfortunately all headsets just work for voice chat. You hear all your teammates, it's just the game sound effects/music/video will still play through the TV.

I use it a lot on COD4 and RBSV2 and it hasn't really bothered me.

Last edited:
Thought as much; I'd prefer to get a one-ear headset then, that way you get the best of both worlds. As long as the mic doesn't pick up the TV - with this Jabra set I have to have the volume muted, otherwise I'm constantly transmitting.

COGS OF PEACE ANNOUNCED FOR PS3

COGSOFPEACE.jpg

Cogs Of Peace is a tactical third-person shooter video game in development by Epic Games and to be published by Sony exclusively for the Playstation 3. The game will use a heavily upgraded version of the Unreal Engine 3. During E3 2008, the game's release date in Canada and the United States was officially announced as November 7, 2009.

In Cogs Of Peace, the Hornets have found a way to make giant emergence holes to destroy entire cities at one time. Marcus Fenix and the rest of the COG Delta Squad are now drilling underground to "preach peace and love to the Hornets." In a teaser of the first scenes of gameplay of Cogs Of Peace, COG soldiers engage in battle with a large army of Hornets as they travel to drill into the underground region. Comic book writer Joshua Ortega says, "The stakes are raised. This is humanity's last stand. Everything is at risk. Nothing is safe."

Sorry... I was just playing around in adobe lol

I could have written something better as well.. but I got bored

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom