Sony PlayStation 3

For once it is not Sony's fault. The licencing and copyright law of the UK and EU are a nightmare. I took Microsoft and Apple quite a bit of time to overcome this barrier.

Though it was announced last year at TGS, it's only now that we're getting our first real info on what Flower - a PSN title by thatgamecompany (ie the flOw guys) - is really all about. And...it's about flowers! Specifically, it's about guiding flower petals through a level by acting not as the flowers, but as the wind itself, picking up more and more petals as you progress. Sounds terribly soothing. The fact sheet touts a "Dynamically Adjusting Experience" controlled with simple Sixaxis tilting. If you're all hustled and bustled out by E3, relax by breathing deeply and checking out the screens below.

http://kotaku.com/photogallery/flowere3/1002798140

Home to have public region lock

We were given a pretty in-depth walkthrough of the current state of Home, including a couple of game spaces (images of those later), during which we asked the bloke as many questions as we could think of. Top of our list? Making sure that we would be able to meet up with our friends all across the planet in the various public spaces. Unfortunately, this is not the case. Home's public spaces are going to be region-specific.

If you want to meet up with your pals from abroad, then you'll be able to invite them into your apartment, but warping into the game space to bowl or play chess is not possible. This is allegedly to make sure that each region receives an "experience most suited to their tastes" as well as, no doubt, to keep advertisers happy. The last thing they want is Europeans seeing an advert directed at Americans.

That kinda sucks but at least we can still launch disc games and play with those across the pond.

The guy sounds a LOT like Jay-Z.

That second video is very impressive, I like that you can go out to theatres etc. Very nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think the pool looks alright and the bowling as well. And with real physics they wont do that thing where a ball stops rolling just short of the pocket or a pin wobbles and obviously should fall but then the game decides to stop it.

The Home Beta will be made available to Europe and the US simultaneously, it was revealed last night.

During a press conference in Santa Monica, SCEE President, David Reeves, said the online 3D community service would arrive "with the same specs, same support and at the same time in autumn 2008". He went on to say that an exact date for its release would be announced by SCEI "very shortly".

Home has been delayed by almost a year from its original launch date. The service creates a virtual social environment to interact with other PS3 users, launch online games such as Warhawk, play mini-games such as bowling and pool, share private content and show off your personal space customised with furniture, wallpaper and other items.

Jack Tretton insisted that "your patience will be more than rewarded" during Sony's E3 press conference on Tuesday.

http://www.psu.com/EU-+-US-in-joint-Home-Beta-this-autumn-News--a0004287-p0.php

PlayTV official announced for UK - comes out September and will cost around £80.

You can record TV AND play games at the same time.

Absolutely excellent stuff!!!

Going to be quality.

Apparantly (dont know if this is still true), but there is no DRM. Once you record a show, you are free to export it to PSP or even save the file to USB/Mem card and play it on PC etc.

Its going to be the shiznit!

I thought the PSN prices were equal across territories?

They're usually close to the exchange rate - so $4.99 would probably be £2.99 on the EU store which is about 49p extra

No idea why SCEE have decided to shaft Europe on this one though

I'm having trouble signing into PSN, is anyone have the same issues?

I'm online right now downloading elefunk and the E3 Sony Conference

Jimsaint
matt1986nffc
ValSpeler

are all online on my friends list as well ... i think they're all from here

Must be my internet then, my downloads are going very slow right now.

Last edited:
My PSN downloads are going VERY VERY slow at the moment so there might be a PSN error somewhere. A 409mb game has taken about 30 mins to get to 80%.

Back
Top Bottom