Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

Alex *The Man* Del Piero will alwayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyys be a legend and one of football's most supported players! (He has fans all over the world and I'm just one of the millions) :D :applause:

Ever since I was a little kid, that guy has been entertaining me

I'll never forget guys like him, Giggs and Raul. They've always been there at the highest level and always done their work.

TRUE LEGENDS of the game who've given us all so much!!! God bless them all!

yeah my friend, alessandro, raul, maldini and giggs are really something special. not just for their loyalty to their own clubs or for their abilities on the pitch. i'm talking about their class, their style.
i can't talk too much about giggs, coz i didn't hear him talking enough to truly express myself about him. but raul, alessando and paolo are really classy persons. (and that's something u would never expect from some guys who didn't have a proper school education).

there's an episode on the pitch wich could describe alex.
a few years ago, during and "roma - juve", Cufrè gave a slap to del piero... the game was stopped for a corner kick or something like this i don't remember.. anyway the ball was far away from them, so the ref didn't see anything.
well, after receiving that slap (it was more like a punch honestly), alessandro didn't reply. he didn't attack cufrè or felt down, taking advantage of the situation (like many other players would have done).
he lifted his eyes, looked right in cufrè eyes, and started clapping his hands, applauding at him. then he moved back towards the midfield line, still looking at him and still clapping his hands. Of course i don't know what did alessandro say to cufrè, but probably it was something like "congratulations man, u're really a smart guy... very clever and polite" .

cufrè was immobile, standing where the accident happened, and watched del piero moving away from him, clapping his hands at him.....
what an humiliation! :applause::applause::applause:
can't believe i didn't find a footage about it on youtube.

I too enjoyed that FK and game. Totti was pretty poor though and did nothing. He did better against Real Madrid though perhaps because he was more fit by then.

exactly. he has some problems with his ankle and he's still far from a good shape. actually the whole team (except mancini) doesn't seem in a very good shape lately.

I should but then I don't understand Italian. Care to elaborate on that statement then... ?
Stafano meant to say that cassano usually gives his best during the interviews... u could never imagine how many bullshits come out of his mouth in just a few minutes. such an idiot!:roll:

By the way, I missed out on the season's 2nd Genoa derby!
Did I miss much?
u did mate. u missed a very good match.... sure much better than the first genova derby, earlier this season (wich was maybe the uggliest game of the season).
despite being a derby, it was a brilliant match... the 2nd half especially was fantastic.
did u see the highlights? :D

on utube u will find serieatv highlights... but they suck.... they show just a couple of sampdoria scoring chances and just one genoa scoring chance (instead there were a lot of scoring chances by both teams), and they didn't eve pick the most beautiful ones....

anyway, since cassano has been involved in almost all the sampdoria scoring chances, take a look at this.... it's worthy ;)
http://it.youtube.com/watch?v=SagYBvm4Bbg

Last edited:

Now, that's CLASS! :applause::applause:

I never knew about this incident! But just goes to show how classy players like Del Piero are. Not only are they ridiculously talented and true football geniuses, but they are very humble and classy. So, not only do I respect him enormously as player, and my all time favorite player EVER, but I respect him as a person because of his humility and honesty. A TRUE LEGEND, if there was ever one!

Btw, do post the video if you find it Ben.

Last edited:

I remember that incident Ben. Instead of clapping though, Del Piero just stuck his thumb up if I remember correctly.

One of the greatest player and persons ever. :)

It was basically the last minute of injury time, and Sissoko tried to pull off an emergency clearance by doing a scissor kick in the Juve box but ended up hitting Amoruso's back, resulting in a penalty. He had a decent game over all.

I remember that incident Ben. Instead of clapping though, Del Piero just stuck his thumb up if I remember correctly.

:THINK:
hmmm i remember about a hand clap..... but i might be wrong.... so probably u're right Don.
anyway it doesn't change anything, clapping his hands, lifting his thumb up, the meaning remains the same... the most beautiful thing was his (disgusted) facial expression, while he was looking at cufrè... (like he was saying "what a smart guy u are") :LOL:
priceless. if u find a video, Don, put the link here, please.... i looked for it yesterday but i wasn't able to find it.

I have that video Ben but it's a micky take from one of the comedy shows in italy & it does not show Ale's reaction to that cretin cufre.

I have to disagree on the Sissoko side. He had a good game and the penalty was void imo. I saw two very clear penalties:? one against Nedved and one against Sissoko himself. You see, referees have certain tolerance levels in terms of what constitutes a penalty. If Sissoko's double kick is a penalty just becasue Amorouso happened to jump next to him, then the two penalties that were not awared are as clear as penalties can be. Mind you, we are not even mentioning the two hand balls particularly the one off Camo's header which was clearly going the right corner of the Reggina goal and got deflected.

This teaches us a lesson- we can not be harsh on the players. They played well against 11 players playing in their own half. We are fighting against two forces: our management which is only now JUST ABOUT STARTING to get vocal, and the post-calciopoli figures who still want to punish us. :((

I have to disagree on the Sissoko side. He had a good game and the penalty was void imo. I saw two very clear penalties:? one against Nedved and one against Sissoko himself. You see, referees have certain tolerance levels in terms of what constitutes a penalty. If Sissoko's double kick is a penalty just becasue Amorouso happened to jump next to him, then the two penalties that were not awared are as clear as penalties can be. Mind you, we are not even mentioning the two hand balls particularly the one off Camo's header which was clearly going the right corner of the Reggina goal and got deflected.

This teaches us a lesson- we can not be harsh on the players. They played well against 11 players playing in their own half. We are fighting against two forces: our management which is only now JUST ABOUT STARTING to get vocal, and the post-calciopoli figures who still want to punish us. :((

dondarini was awful yesterday, mate. u're absolutely right.
but this has anything to do with calciopoli. and nobody wants to punish juve (and most of all, nobody has the POWER and the INFLUENCE to punish juve or anybody else nowadays).

very good match by reggina, btw :TU:
i'm really happy to see brienza getting the playtime he deserves :DD

I have that video Ben but it's a micky take from one of the comedy shows in italy & it does not show Ale's reaction to that cretin cufre.

yeah, i saw that video on utube. but it just shows the slap and it stops before alex reaction :((

TALENTINOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Samp1-0 Inter,

edit: game ended 1-1 with Crespo scoring the equaliser

Last edited:

Told you the Liverpool game would affect them!

Did Roma win?

yes, roma beated fiorentina ;))

FANTASTIC BORRIELLO!!! :w00t:
he's really on fire this season.... i really hope he'll keep playing on this level.

congratulations to serie a's new capocannoniere!!:applause::applause::applause:

Yup, I watched the game! It was fantastic

It's 15 now for Borrielo isn't it? Anyways, season's not over Ben, Mutu, Trezeguet and Ibra will always be in with a shout.

It's 15 now for Borrielo isn't it? Anyways, season's not over Ben, Mutu, Trezeguet and Ibra will always be in with a shout.

yes mate, 15. who could ever imagine (at the beginning of the season) that borriello would have challenged those monsters u mentioned before (ibra, mutu and co.) :SHOCK:

Why didn't he play more at Milan?

And how is Lavezzi doing? He impressed me whenever Ive seen him play.

Yep hes on loan. It was hard for him cos at Milan he was banned for cocaine, then had to compete with an in-form Inzaghi, Gilardino and Shevchenko in the past.

Yep hes on loan. It was hard for him cos at Milan he was banned for cocaine, then had to compete with an in-form Inzaghi, Gilardino and Shevchenko in the past.

it was not cocaine ste. in serie a u get a 2 years ban for cocaine (like flachi). it was something he took (don't remember the name of the medicine) to improve his sexual performances :LOL:

btw he did never look milan worthy, honestly. he had a couple of decent seasons, then a good season at treviso... but still he didn't look good enough for milan.

we'll see. if he will keep playing like this, milan might change its mind..... but i honestly hope he won't go to milan, coz he wouldn't get the play time he needs :))

And how is Lavezzi doing? He impressed me whenever Ive seen him play.
he's not doing bad. but napoli his facing a "bad shape moment", so his performances are effected by it, of course.
talking about napoli, calaiò was fantastic today. too bad he didn't leave napoli in jannuary, coz he would be a starter in many serie a teams :((

Great game so far by Amauri. Fontana is still the man, I love that guy. 1-1 after 55'.

edit- HAND BALL BY MIGLACCIO!!!!!!!! referee didnt see it. We need video replays for referees.

edit2- SUPER PIPPO INZAGHI!!!!!!!!! What a poor Milan. Didnt seem like we wanted to win until the last 10 minutes. Why dont we show the same commitment from CL in Serie A????? Some nice skill by Pato.

Last edited:

Great game so far by Amauri. Fontana is still the man, I love that guy. 1-1 after 55'.

edit- HAND BALL BY MIGLACCIO!!!!!!!! referee didnt see it. We need video replays for referees.

edit2- SUPER PIPPO INZAGHI!!!!!!!!! What a poor Milan. Didnt seem like we wanted to win until the last 10 minutes. Why dont we show the same commitment from CL in Serie A????? Some nice skill by Pato.

i wouldn't say milan was really poor. sure they're not playing their best football lately, but yesterday milan's performance was pretty similar to the the arsenal's match performance.
credit goes to palermo, which played a very good match. we were almost perfect in defense and barzagli had his first good performance in the last 2 months.
palermo looked always "short" on the pitch, and this allowed us to push a lot every time we got the ball.
moreover i saw palermo playing some nice "1 touch football", wich is something the rosanero didn't show lately.
our midfield line up disallowed pirlo to "enact" the sidebacks (but oddo was fantastic yesterday too), and this made milan's passing game a bit too predictable.

it was a very beautiful match, and it could have ended in any way. the ref didn't gave a penalty to milan (migliaccio's handball) and to palermo (there was a clear foul on amauri) and both teams had their scoring chances....

too bad our defense (wich was fantastic for 90 minutes) messed up everything just when the match was about to end....:((

EDIT: amauri is really leaving me speechless...every time he gets the ball he does something special..... (not even ibrahimovic does it so often)....he does the same things c. ronaldo does, and gives the same feeling of "continuous danger".... but he does it in italy... against italian defenses....:))

it seems that barca raised its offer to 23 millions euros.... zampa said he won't sell him for less than 25... we'll see :DD

second edit:
Fontana is still the man, I love that guy.
stef, fontana is the living proof of the importance of hype in football nowadays.
just look at van der sar's or boruc's or canizares's reputation....
Fontana is among the 5 best goalkeepers in serie a (wich makes him one of the best in europe).... but how many people know him?... how many people in europe know how good is he?
if u would ask to 10 guys outside italy "who's better between boruc and fontana?" who do u think they would pick?...
:whistle:

Last edited:

if u would ask to 10 guys outside italy "who's better between boruc and fontana?" who do u think they would pick?...:whistle:
Good point. I'd bet it will be the same if you ask 10 guys outside of France "who is Hugo Lloris?" who is a GK I like a lot even if he's very young.
Unfortunately, Boruc is younger than Fontana (people think he can improve a lot much more than Fontana can) and he plays for a side that year in year out gets qualified for the Champions League. This is the difference. The major European competition makes people more famous. In the end you're right: some players are just too underrated, it's all about hype.

But, why did Fontana get away like that, at the end of the match? Was he upset for the penalty that hasn't been given to palermo, or just was unhappy with the overall performance of the team?

Very poor referee yesterday night too, to be honest. At least one clear penalty per side (Migliaccio's hand against Kaladze, and Gattuso's challenge against Amauri), and he gave none of them.

Good point. I'd bet it will be the same if you ask 10 guys outside of France "who is Hugo Lloris?"

exactly. ;)) and the same goes for many other gks, like mandanda and de sanctis, for example.

but while mandanda and lloris are just hot prospects, with a lot of potential, fontana is already a fantastic goalkeeper. and this is a big difference, because having a good potential doesn't mean that u'll become a great player for sure. u have to work on your weaknesses, improve your qualities, prove yourself through the years (in competitive leagues), take the right decisions in some key moments (talking about transfers)... and finally u need a bit of luck.

fontana already went through this "phase" and became a fantastic goalkeeper. lloris, mandanda, boruc.... but i'd say also adler and neuer (who are young and talented too) still have to reach fontana's level.
and at the moment we don't know if they will ever reach his level.
afterall the world is full of good\decent players, who were supposed to become world class players, when they were younger.

so when we wanna rate a player, we shouldn't consider his potential, neither we should let the age effect our judgement.
the potential is a pretty ephemeral factor. and talking about the age, well fontana is old, and sure he won't get any better than this.... but what he is today is much more than what boruc is today (just to make an example); so it is wrong to say that a boruc deserve more credit than a fontana, just because he might become even better than fontana. today fontana is better, and that's a fact... tomorrow boruc MIGHT be as good or better than fontana... but we don't know if it will really happen. :))

But, why did Fontana get away like that, at the end of the match? Was he upset for the penalty that hasn't been given to palermo, or just was unhappy with the overall performance of the team?
i honestly don't know. but i got to say it was pretty funny seeing him jumping as a mad all along the pitch :LOL:

Very poor referee yesterday night too, to be honest. At least one clear penalty per side (Migliaccio's hand against Kaladze, and Gattuso's challenge against Amauri), and he gave none of them.

yeah, the ref was really poor. but at least he damaged both teams, so the result was quite "balanced" :DD

EDIT:
getting back to the "overhyped and overpraised players conversation", something really similar is happening at milan with pato and gilardino.
pato is a kid who just started playing in serie a. Gilardino is a foward who scored 91 goals in serie a....and he's still young. when gila will be 30 he might become one of the greatest scorers in serie a's history, if he will keep doing what he did in the past 5 years. and even now (with 91 goals) he is beside some italian legendary fowards.
nontheless pato is considered as the milan saviour, while gila is considered as a youngster who still has everything to prove.... :nono:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom