Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: Serie A Thread

For me Palermo are the team to watch in "A" this season & Inter for the comedy factor, anyone see Patrick fighting with Sinisa & wankcini? lol

BTW has anyone here heard of Barusso? Inter Milan are supposed to be really interested in him. His scoring a few good goals for his club Rimini (sp?).

I really expected them to show Juve / Napoli yesterday, but nothing. Typical Eurosport really, amateurish prsentation and constantly moving things around the schedules like Eurogoals.

Worse news is that it looks as if Bravo are ditching Gazetta and maybe the Live coverage too :(

its all b@llocks.

db

denirobob said:
I really expected them to show Juve / Napoli yesterday, but nothing. Typical Eurosport really, amateurish prsentation and constantly moving things around the schedules like Eurogoals.

Worse news is that it looks as if Bravo are ditching Gazetta and maybe the Live coverage too :(

its all b@llocks.

db

Apparently Eurosport2 basically lost most of their rights to air Serie B. They were showing it via other companies (not sure which), who lost the Serie B broadcasting rights to other channels. So expect to see little or nothing of Serie B on Eurosport 2 from now on.

A top of the table clash this weekend, Palermo - Inter on Sunday. Should be good. If they go ahead (money refs etc)
No Simplicio for Palermo though.

Last edited:

I've nothing against Inter (which is rather peculiar in this thread) but i hope Palermo will win...

Is there anywhere in the UK we can watch Italian footy now, I know Gazzetta finished but turned on Bravo last night to settle down for this top of the table clash and it wasn't bloody on! Don't tell me they've dropped it altogether now? :( :roll:

Deserved win by Inter????
On the Palermo site there seemed to be doubts round the Ibrahimovic goal, was it a penalty?????

The win was deserved.

Doubts around Ibrahimovic' goal? It was a shot from 30 metres out, easily stoppable for the Palermo gk (Fontana). Fontana blundered though and let the ball slip beneath him. Don't know what was wrong with it. Palermo's president Zamparini always has something to nag about.

The win was deserved.

Doubts around Ibrahimovic' goal? It was a shot from 30 metres out, easily stoppable for the Palermo gk (Fontana). Fontana blundered though and let the ball slip beneath him. Don't know what was wrong with it. Palermo's president Zamparini always has something to nag about.

true. :(
and this is told by a palermo supporter. surely yesterday we didn't play at our best level...... but i think that not even the best palermo could face yesterday's inter... they played perfectly (what is quite unusual for them). Probably they've still memories of last year match (3 - 0 for palermo 5 minutes before the final whistle).

Last year's Palermo-Inter was amazing. Beautiful plays by Santana and the rest of the team. I really hope Roma and Palermo can overtake Inter.

A fully fit Di Michele-Amauri combination could've made a lot of difference though. Simplicio too.

mate, you're right we missed di michele simplicio and the genius, of course. But what impressed me the most yesterday was the way inter went on the field. they were calm, concentrated, they had no pressure, even if they knew that if they would have lose this match, italian press would have destroyed them :mrgreen: ..... and even if they knew that they were facing a really strong team , what palermo is this year (even better than last year imo).

their awareness, their concentration really impressed me. the weak point of inter is just that lack of concentration they show sometimes.... but yesterday they seemed another team.

btw la favorita yesterday was spectacular!

Listen, i never said that on the Palermo site there was dispute about the first goal...i don't understand italian and the first goal was mentioned especially...maybe because it was a beauty...

No it was probably mentioned or stressed out more Stan because Ex-Inter backup goalie, the veteran Fontana really should've saved it.

Like don said, you can call that goal, a GK mistake because it shouldn't have been converted even though Ibra did deliver a powerful shot from a long way out.

@lo zio, I think Inter did deserve it and were all the things you mentioned. Un-Inter-like lol and cool and not panicing. I'm still not as impressed by their performance as you sound you are though. I think they did good and ultimately deserved the victory but weren't that great and I wouldn't call it "Perfect".

David Di Michele's flair and technique was definitely missed and obviously it was a shame that Amauri was subbed early in 2nd half (Due to injury probably) as well because Caracciolo never looked to provide the same sorta danger for Inter defence.

But no DOUBT, Fabio Simplicio was missed! The guy has been phenomenal since coming over to Serie A (Parma at first) from Sao Paulo and though Ex-Brescia man Roberto Guana is an effective player too, Fabio is more useful and complete in my opinion.

He's got an incredible amount of stamina which combined with his will to win and determination and high-work rate makes him one of the most involved and effective players in nearly every match he plays. Strong and great balance which makes him difficult to knock off the ball and he even gets forward pretty well and can even score a few with those forward runs as we saw last year at Parma.

I would've prefered to see a draw or Palermo win last night but it doesn't matter much... if Palermo can keep up near top of the table still with wins against other teams... come the 2nd fixture between these two sides, I still think they can get a result out of Inter at Meazza assuming they don't have the same injury problems again.

No it was probably mentioned or stressed out more Stan because Ex-Inter backup goalie, the veteran Fontana really should've saved it.

Like don said, you can call that goal, a GK mistake because it shouldn't have been converted even though Ibra did deliver a powerful shot from a long way out.

@lo zio, I think Inter did deserve it and were all the things you mentioned. Un-Inter-like lol and cool and not panicing. I'm still not as impressed by their performance as you sound you are though. I think they did good and ultimately deserved the victory but weren't that great and I wouldn't call it "Perfect".

David Di Michele's flair and technique was definitely missed and obviously it was a shame that Amauri was subbed early in 2nd half (Due to injury probably) as well because Caracciolo never looked to provide the same sorta danger for Inter defence.

But no DOUBT, Fabio Simplicio was missed! The guy has been phenomenal since coming over to Serie A (Parma at first) from Sao Paulo and though Ex-Brescia man Roberto Guana is an effective player too, Fabio is more useful and complete in my opinion.

He's got an incredible amount of stamina which combined with his will to win and determination and high-work rate makes him one of the most involved and effective players in nearly every match he plays. Strong and great balance which makes him difficult to knock off the ball and he even gets forward pretty well and can even score a few with those forward runs as we saw last year at Parma.

I would've prefered to see a draw or Palermo win last night but it doesn't matter much... if Palermo can keep up near top of the table still with wins against other teams... come the 2nd fixture between these two sides, I still think they can get a result out of Inter at Meazza assuming they don't have the same injury problems again.

;) nice post mate. it looks like u know really well serie a :D

btw, u said that u wouldn't call inter performance "perfect". i can agree with u, but it depends on what u mean, talking about "perfection".

just to make a quick example, look at roma. they play probably the most beautiful and unpredictable football in europe(talking about ball distribution, off the ball movements, playbook), since last year....... but this doesn't mean they're perfect. actually they miss a big striker (a van nistellrooy, a carew, a ibrahimovic, a drogba........) who can receive long passes from midfielders and defenders. this is a big trouble, as they have always to keep the ball down on the ground to score, and this can be very difficult in certain moments of the game (especially when players are tired). so we can say that roma HAS to play that nice football because thay can get the goal otherwise.

on the other hand, inter is the exact opposite. they have lack of quality (at least if u compare them with others great teams in europe) but they are STRONG. they have the tallest players in serie a (and probably in europe), they have players that play really phisically (cordoba, materazzi, samuel, grosso, maicon, vieira, ibra, adriano....). this is their strenght this year. they aint' got a great passing game as they have no great playmakers (they had veron and pizarro........ and they sold them :shock: ) , so they HAVE to put it on the pace, on the phisical strenght.

so if perfection for Rome is what they did against catania last week, for inter, probably, perfection is what they did against us.
of course i prefere to watch rome rather than inter..... but if u ask me wich team can be defeated "more easily" by palermo between roma and inter, well i say rome.

that's what i meant to say in the previous post. i didn't say that i liked their football, but i was impressed by the fact that they didn't make not even a mistake in 90 minutes (that is really un-inter like, like Don said before;) ).
Maybe if we had simplicio, di michele and if amauri wouldn't have been injured after 45 minutes, the game could have been different. Probably we would have put more pressure on them. Maybe, but who knows.

what i know is that a lil more than one year ago, inter came here and lost 3 - 2 (5 minutes before the end of the match they were losing by 3 - 0)...... and i felt like Davide defating Golia (hope u know the legend..... my english is to poor to explain what i felt otherwise :roll: ).
Yesterday instead we lost, but this time i didn't feel so little facing an historic team like inter........ and i really enjoyed this feeling :)

I agree with everything you said lo zio. :)
I just don't know why it seems you assumed that I thought Roma's performance against Catania or way of playing is "Perfect" :-s because it's NOT as you said and I don't think it is either.

Roma plays attractive football which is in many ways similar to Arsenal's. They lack a good big striker and one whose height and strength they can utilize like ex-Palermo and Italy Int'l Luca Toni as an example.

Henry, Adebayor and Van Persie are ironically all actually TALL but not particularly useful in the air and its on the ground where each of the 3 especialize and can show their unique talent best. So while they may not be bad at scoring empty-netters or easy chances using their head (as Henry has shown a few times in past couple weeks), they can't really be expected to challenge with the strongest tallest defenders and win you headers/knock-ons/nods to other team-mates on a regular basis.

So this strong/great header of the ball sorta tall CF is just one thing that both Roma and Arsenal lack yet have in common and as a result of having creative/flair players, both teams often decide to concentrate mostly on playing attractive (shorter/Not long ball) football, at times with very high-tempo which thanks to the skill of the two sides can kill some lower oppositions and take them by surprise when done right. (Like we saw against Catania and Reading).

Both however have obvious visible flaws in their system of playing though which a smart manager with the right set of players (Like Bolton's VERY PHYSICAL side) can take advantage of.

So don't worry, while I enjoy like you and any other football fan watching teams like AS Roma and Arsenal play, I'm not one to mistake "Pretty Football" with "Perfect Football" ;) and in fact if I were a manager, I'd ONLY care for EFFECTIVE football. even if it means we play ugly but win every game by 1-0. Success and wins are all that counts, then so be it. :)
--------------------------------------------------
I was just saying in my last post that I don't think Inter's performance against Palermo was THAT perfect. Sure, they didn't make mistakes but in my opinion that was more due to a disappointing/lackluster Palermo on Sunday rather than a GREAT Inter.

Palermo just didn't create enough and lacked thrust going forward. But that goes back to what we were all agreeing on before. Without Simplicio's driving runs from midfield and Di Michele's flair and technique and Amauri's injury, The Sicilians just didn't manage to create enough chacnes and give Inter enough trouble for them to be properly tested.

So you see what I'm saying? IF Palermo had their usual players and played their usual football and REALLY tested Inter but lost with same result. I'd say that would be a perfect Inter performance cuz they hadn't made mistakes and manage to win the match with very professional attitude. But now I can't say the same thing except say 'very well done Inter' because Palermo didn't properly test Inter's defence and GK enough for us to know for sure whether this was due to Inter being great or Palermo being lackluster.

And my opinion is that last night, Palermo were not very good and could've been better and Inter weren't particularly great either but good enough on the night to collect the 3 points. :)

That's all I was saying. ;)

;) nice post mate. it looks like u know really well serie a :D
Well Serie A is still one of the best leagues in the world and as many of you know, I follow the top European leagues very closely and have done so since a very early age.

I have to be honest. I don't like Serie A as much as I used to when I was younger and in fact it's descended to being my least favourite TOP league now (Among top 5) but I still follow it of course and enjoy some matches from it from time to time cuz I just love football too much. 8)

So you may not see me post in this thread or Bundesliga one often but I've always followed them closely and will for as long as possible. 8)

Alright, it's been nice talking to you buddy.

Gotta go now.

Take care

once again i totally agree with u, mate :)
actually i didn't think u consider roma performance against catania "perfect". i was just trying to compare 2 different ways of playing football..... but reading your post, i see u know (really well) what i was talking about ;) ........ nice comparison between roma and arsenal.... i love arsenal football and they're quite similar actually ;)

i agree with u even when u say that to talk about a perfect performace by inter we should have seen palermo playing at his best level (what didn't happened). actually inter wasn't that "perfect", as they werent badly tested by palermo... you're right.... but they still impressed me, cause they still showed good awareness and coolness, comparing with last year's inter ..... i mean, sunday's palermo (without key players like simplicio and di michele) would still have create problems to last year's inter (what didn't happened sunday), as inter players were use to make a lot of mistakes during 90 minutes (due to lack of concentration) since last year. i mean, since last year, inter didn't need great pressure to make mistakes :mrgreen:

btw, nice chat mate. it was a pleasure to talk with u :D

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom