Serie A Thread - 2014/15 Season

Re: "Serie A" Thread - KO Sept 10th

Corini is suspended because took a red card against Schalke 04 in the past UEFA Cup, possibly he will be replaced by Giovanni Tedesco.
Corini will be playing in second leg

Stan, your Palermo is looking strong. They defeated West Ham last night convincingly. Tevez and Mascherano were playing too.

Great Milanista, but i have a second favourite teamin Serie A: Atalanta. How are they doing????
I think they also won their first match....Atalanta are my team in Football manager and i'm on the verge of winning serie A with them...without Vieri (i've never liked that player, shame he's with Atalanta). My virtual hero is forward Andrea Soncin...(if i'm not mistaken he rarely plays irl).

Atalanta's best forwards are certainly Riccardo Zampagna and former FC Inter striker Nicola Ventola. I think that Christian Vieri has very few chances of playing, because he's not fully recovered from his injury.
Andrea Soncin played some match in 2005/2006 Serie B, expecially in first matches, then in January Atalanta signed Zampagna.

However Great Palermo, what an impressive match they played.
shame on some hammers' supporter for their stupid shirts "the hammers vs the mafia".

Bobo is set to return in perhaps 2-3 months according to reports an interview i saw with he on Sky Italia.

Saturday Matches

INTER - SAMPDORIA 1-1
48' Flachi (samp) PK; 79' Bonanni (samp) OG

INTER(4-4-2): Julio Cesar; Maicon, Cordoba, Materazzi, Zanetti; Gonzalez (14' sh Figo), Dacourt, Vieira, Stankovic (33' sh Adriano); Ibrahimovic, Crespo.

SAMPDORIA(4-4-2): Castellazzi,Zenoni ,Sala, Parola,Maggio(14' st Pieri); Bonanni (40' sh Quagliarella), Volpi, Palombo,Oliveira (23' fh Franceschini); Bonazzoli,Flachi

-----------------------------------------------------

REGGINA - CAGLIARI 2-1
52' A. Lucarelli (Reg), 62' Suazo, (Cag, PK), 93' Bianchi (Reg)

REGGINA (3-5-1-1): Pelizzoli; Lanzaro, A. Lucarelli, Giosa; Esteves, Amerini (16' sh Amoruso), Carobbio (28' sh Missiroli), Tedesco, Modesto; Leon; Bianchi.

CAGLIARI (4-3-3): Chimenti; Pisano, Lopez, Bianco, Del Grosso; Biondini, Budel, L. Colucci; Esposito, Suazo, Pepe (21' sh D'Agostino).

Serves Inter right, the real force behind the calciopoli as now finally the 'real' truth of what happened slowly comes to daylight.

Could you explain this Don, i'm a litle bit intrigued...

I mean Inter are the real force behind the trial. Anyway, i'll try to explain it short.

Guido Rossi(Inter), the head of FIGC, has now become the president of Telecom Italia (The very own company who caught the infamous Moggi phone taps.) replacing Tronchetti(Inter sponsor). As it seems the telecom board already contained major Inter figures such as Massimo Morrati and Carlo Orazio Buora (PIRELLI,Inter main sponsor).

So Inter instigated the whole inquiry, based on the phonecalls. Though Moggi was senteced on the basis of only a few phonecalls out of the so many hundreds of. While Pairetto (the one Moggi phoned about the which refs would be asigned) conceded that he had the similar talks with all of the leading figures of the Serie A clubs.

Add to that the media's power is also in the hands of Inter(and Milan). The media is the only source for people to know about this and thus so much false info and slander to hurt Juventus can so easily be spread around.

No civil court would have convicted Juventus. This whole trial is simply insane with judges admitting that there's no evidence whatsoever, but saying Juventus ought to be punished because some people think it might be true anyway. Something very fishy is going on and despite the fact Juventus obviously did something that wasn't right, there's so much more to it than Luciano Moggi.

I hope this made sense..

There is a huge gap in your theory Don, if the media are also in the hands of Milan (which they obviously are), why was it only Inter who escaped???

But, i must concede that your theory is not that improbable. In quite a lot of books on Italian that i've recently read, there is a general feeling that Milan, Juventus and Inter are contstantly advantaged by refs and the Italian FA...

well they are still in the CL, so they didn't fair too bad. I think they could close that 8 point gap quite easily.

Cockney 'humour' davzor ;) Was very silly.

Sunday afternoon matches (pt = first half, st = second half)

SIENA-ROMA 1-3

Taddei (R) 2', Pizarro (R) 25', Frick (S)42', Okaka (R) al 47' sh

SIENA (4-4-2): Manninger; Bertotto, Gastaldello, Portanova, Molinaro; Antonini (22' s.t. Locatelli), Brevi, Vergassola, Candela; Chiesa (1's.t. Frick), Bogdani (1' s.t. D'Aversa).

ROMA (4-2-3-1): Doni; Panucci, Mexes, Chivu, Tonetto; De Rossi, Pizarro; Mancini, Perrotta (38' s.t. Faty), Taddei (35' s.t. Cassetti); Totti (31' s.t. Okaka).

LAZIO-PALERMO 1-2

Di Michele (P) all'11' e 38' p.t., Rocchi (L) al 28' s.t.

LAZIO (4-4-2): Peruzzi, Oddo, Siviglia, Stendardo, Zauri, Manfredini (8' st Foggia), Mudingayi, Ledesma (34' s.t. Baronio), Mauri, Rocchi, Pandev (14' Makinwa). In panchina: Ballotta, Belleri, Cribari, Tare. All. Rossi.

PALERMO (3-5-1-1): Agliardi, Zaccardo, Biava, Barzagli, Diana, Guana, Corini (37' s.t. Parravicini), Simplicio, Capuano (8' s.t. Pisano), Di Michele (22' s.t. Caracciolo), Amauri. In panchina: Fontana, Bresciano, Tedesco, Brienza. All. Guidolin.

UDINESE-TORINO 2-0

Di Natale al 25' pt, Felipe al 20' st

UDINESE (4-3-3): De Sanctis; Zenoni, Natali, Zapata, Felipe; Obodo, Muntari, Pinzi; Di Natale (36' st Dossena), Iaquinta (44' st Montiel), Asamoah (27' st Eremenko).

TORINO (4-2-3-1): Abbiati; Comotto, Franceschini, Di Loreto, Balestri; Barone, De Ascentis; Lazetic (1' st Gallo), Rosina (14' st Stellone), Fiore (29' st Muzzi); Abbruscato.

EMPOLI-CHIEVO 1-1

15' pt Mandelli (C), 16' st Vannucchi (E)

EMPOLI (4-2-3-1): Balli; Raggi (37'pt Pozzi 7), Vanigli (16'pt Marzoratti), Pratali, Lucchini; Almiron (22'st Gasparetto), Moro; Buscè, Vannucchi, Matteini; Saudati.

CHIEVO (4-4-2): Squizzi; Moro, Mandelli, Scurto (24'st Mantovani), Lanna; Luciano, Giunti, Sammarco, Semioli; Bruno (11'st Cossato), Tiribocchi (24'pt Marcolini).

LIVORNO-FIORENTINA 1-0
Lucarelli al 13' s.t.

LIVORNO (3-5-2): Amelia; Grandoni, Rezaei, Galante; Balleri (35' st Morrone), Vigiani, Passoni (27' st Argilli sv), Filippini, Pasquale (15' st Pfertzel); Lucarelli, Bakayoko.

FIORENTINA (4-2-3-1): Frey; Ujfalusi (27' st Potenza), Dainelli, Gamberini, Pasqual; Donadel, Blasi (22' st Liverani); Jorgensen (14' st Reginaldo), Montolivo , Mutu; Toni.

CATANIA-ATALANTA 0-0

CATANIA (4-3-3): Pantanelli; Silvestri, Stovini, Sottil, Falsini (43' s.t. Vargas); Baiocco, Biso, Caserta; Mascara, Spinesi (31' s.t. Del Core), Corona.

ATALANTA (4-2-3-1): Calderoni; Adriano (Bellini 17' s.t.), Rivalta, Carrozzieri, Ariatti; Donati, Migliaccio; Ferreira Pinto (Tissone 17' s.t.), Defendi, Bombardini; Zampagna (Soncin 46' s.t.).

ASCOLI – MESSINA 1-1

Riganò (M) 18', Perrulli l (A)43' s.t.

ASCOLI (4-4-2): Pagliuca; Foglio, Cudini, Nastase. Lukovic; Giampà (Skela 14' s.t.), Pecchia (Galoppa 27' s.t.), Boudianski, Fini; Paolucci (Perrulli 25' s.t.), Bjelanovic.

MESSINA (4-3-3): Storari; Lavecchia, Zanchi, Iuliano, Parisi; Coppola, De Vezze (Alvarez 16' s.t.), Masiello; Cordova (Morello 37's.t.), Riganò, Di Napoli (Iliev 25' s.t.).

tonight match

Parma - Milan

Last edited:

yes, today however even Lazio played an impressive match but Palermo's goalkeeper Federico Agliardi was absolutely perfect. He made about 6 decisive saves.
David Di Michele scored two beatiful goals in perfect Totti's "cucchiaio" style.

FC Inter instead showed the same problems of the last 17 years, they aren't a team , they are only a collection of 11 great players, but there's no "teamgeist".

AS Roma started very well, even if , because Montella's long time injury,they play without a real centre forward.Today the 17 years old forward Stefano Chuka Okaka scored his first goal in serie a. Must be said that Siena played about an hour in ten, because Ezio Brevi was expelled in the match's beginning because of a violent foul against Daniele De Rossi.

AC Fiorentina and SS Lazio losed again, and their situation has became very heavy ( -19 pts Fiorentina, -11 pts Lazio)

Let's see what AC Milan will do tonight against Parma.

PARMA-MILAN 0-2

25' Seedorf, 85' Kakà (PK)

PARMA (4-2-3-1): De Lucia, Coly, Paci, Contini, Castellini, Grella, Ciaramitaro (37' st Dessena), Pisanu (19' st Kutuzov), Morfeo, Gasbarroni, Budan

MILAN (4-3-1-2): Dida, Bonera, Simic, Costacurta (18' pt Kaladze), Jankulovski, Ambrosini, Pirlo, Gattuso (27' st Brocchi), Seedorf,
Ricardo Oliveira, Gilardino (40' pt Kakà).

Re: Serie A Thread

Tomorrow evening's match
start at 20:45

Atalanta - Empoli
Cagliari - Livorno
Chievo - Lazio
Fiorentina - Parma
Messina - Reggina
Milan - Ascoli
Palermo - Catania
Roma - Inter
Sampdoria - Udinese
Torino - Siena

AC Milan has the real chance to reduce again the gap that divides fron AS Roma and FC Inter, who will play in a direct challenge for Scudetto
I will be in Renzo Barbera stadium to watch for the Sicilian derby between my beloved Palermo and Catania Calcio, it will certainly be an intense and equilibrate match, and if Palermo will win, there's many chanse to take the lead of Serie A

Let's see at night for results, classification and comments

Ciao
by DavZar
your Serie A favourite (i hope it's so) reporter

a football shirt is normally called a "maglia," maglie (plural).

shorts - pantaloncini
socks - calzettoni

Prima Maglia/Maglia casa (home shirt)
Seconda Maglia/ Maglia trasfera (second/away shirt)
Terza maglia (third)
Maglia portiere (gk shirt)

to complete the beautiful Italian lesson made by the Professor:

Boots------> scarpini (plural)

Ball----->pallone, palloni on plural

Captain armband ----> fascia da (di) capitano

GK gloves ----> guanti

Back
Top Bottom