Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

Please find below the statement from Microsoft:

It has come to our attention that an incorrect version of Sensible World of Soccer was made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® which has since been taken down. This version incorrectly disconnected users that attempted to connect to Xbox LIVE.

We are currently investigating the issue and will have a correctly functioning version of Sensible World of Soccer available soon.

Any users that have already downloaded Sensible World of Soccer will need to delete their copy of the game and download it again when the correctly functioning version is available in order to enjoy online play via Xbox LIVE. Following this process does not incur any additional charges.

Please look out for the fully functional version of Sensible World of Soccer soon. We thank you for your patience.

I'm extremely keen to keep you guys informed with all the info we have, and will continue to update as best I can with any information.

Thanks,
Mr.Ktat

Ha! You refreshing the official boards too :)

Fuckers, I was just about to go and download this as I have just got in from work

Quite a few people thinking the wrong exe has been uploaded ...

I live in hope it's that simple ...

I dont care what they have fucking done wrong, I want it sorted NOW!!

:D

Had another go at the "faulty" trail version. I think it will be left to the fond memories for me. Just cant get into it, either Im too old or its just too fast/simple/basic/old.

I adore it... :D

I think they've done something with the AI though. I just played England v Romania on the (original) PC version, won 2-0. I played the same match on the 360 version and got HAMMERED 3-0. :|

Its funny to see people getting beat. I was real good at SWOS, don't ever remember being beaten (though surely I did). I think to myself I never got beat and it can't be THAT hard, surely? But then I haven't played it in over a decade and I'll have lost my rhythm, so maybe it is as hard as people are saying.

Dags, what I'm saying is I can put the original version on right now and win against a decent side, but on the 360 it's very very hard. I'm sure they've tweaked something...

Oh yea, that's a point. That'll explain why people are saying they're getting beat and having a hard time.

Codies said they were releasing it code line for code line from the Amiga version. I can see no reason why they would tweak the AI for the 360...

Codies said they were releasing it code line for code line from the Amiga version. I can see no reason why they would tweak the AI for the 360...
Yep, I feel that way as well.

But I have the PC version installed on this PC through DOSbox, working 100% properly, and as England I can beat Romania 100% of the time. On the 360 I have been beat 100% of the time.

I use the same pad and everything, very weird. It does feel slightly different - but brilliant nonetheless. I'd rather it was harder anyway!

Yep, I feel that way as well.

But I have the PC version installed on this PC through DOSbox, working 100% properly, and as England I can beat Romania 100% of the time. On the 360 I have been beat 100% of the time.

I use the same pad and everything, very weird. It does feel slightly different - but brilliant nonetheless. I'd rather it was harder anyway!

Could be a pad issue ?

Don't think so, I can run around and shoot the same. It just seems like the CPU is constantly attacking on the 360 version. But either way it's great, I'd prefer it to be harder! It's not something I want to "fix", I'm just intrigued.

I friggin love it!! From the first game all the memories flooded back and after my first after touch goal I'm in love, I need the full version now. Any time scale on the fix? Can't wait to play you lot.

It's a brilliant game. At the same time, it's impossibly hard, the only teams i've beat in my career are Grimsby and West Ham, but i didn't care, because it was great fun, and i signed David Ginola for 6 million :D.

Rumour on Major Nelson's blog that the game will be back online fixed by 9pm.

Nothing confirmed from anywhere, but everything crossed!!!

"This is still being looked at - MS are reviewing in the US and the UK, as are we. Everyone's going to carry on working on it till it's fixed."

Good news, would I be wrong to think this means they're working through the evening here to get it out tonight/tomorrow?

"Just checking in guys, I am still here and monitoring the situation. Of course we want you playing for before Christmas."

BEFORE CHRISTMAS?! I hope he's not implying we might not get this new version until after the weekend.

73228955qx5.png

Back
Top Bottom