Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

540762582_adcd1a086d_o.jpg

I think all of those seem RIDICULOUSLY easy to get, no?

Ill be giving the demo a go but having played it again a few months ago on the pc with an emulator I just didnt get it. I loved it years ago when I had a version for the snes. But nowedays it feels so simplistic and so very very fast with what seems to be a total lack of control.

Maybe it was me, but is it actually possible to slow down and stop running and actually keep possesion? Everytime i tried to change direction anymore then about 22degrees the player would go that way but the ball would just continue rolling in the previous direction. It felt very much like footie on ice with no possibility to "stop".

Ill be giving the demo a go but having played it again a few months ago on the pc with an emulator I just didnt get it. I loved it years ago when I had a version for the snes. But nowedays it feels so simplistic and so very very fast with what seems to be a total lack of control.

Maybe it was me, but is it actually possible to slow down and stop running and actually keep possesion? Everytime i tried to change direction anymore then about 22degrees the player would go that way but the ball would just continue rolling in the previous direction. It felt very much like footie on ice with no possibility to "stop".

you use that as a weapon. You can turn your player and leave the ball running - then you can round a player and recollect the ball. Its a skill move ;) before the invention of the trick stick :)

Gentlemanly Conduct - Play a match without any of your players receiving a card

CW is buggered then :(

I cant believe you would go and post something like that :(

You're probably right though :D

Ever seen that Simpsons episode where Homer blabs about his lovelife in his marriage class and Marge throws him out? Lisa brings him a pudding and his brain says "eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding eat the pudding".

I'm sitting here watching Xbox Live going "upload SWOS upload SWOS upload SWOS upload SWOS upload SWOS upload SWOS upload SWOS upload SWOS".

Still nothing :( I have to leave for work at 8.30am, when I get to work at 9am I'll be gutted knowing it's out :(

I think I might "get up late" and phone up around 9am, say I've just woken up. Really we don't have to be in at certain times anyway, just guidelines. And our boss isn't at the office this morning anyway soooo ...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sj8ZIJBcAM4 <-- what a goal!

Last edited by a moderator:
^ :lol: Shocking defending! What were they doing so deep in their own penalty area! ;)

Even though I have the missus round tonight I'll be on to at least test SWOS :)

Last edited:
I should have downloaded the trial doh, Ill be honist I never played this as a kid. And I dont know how you lot did. My god I have a headache playing that game

not my cup of tea

Ive downloaded it as well but when i launch the game from the arcade menu it disconnects me, i tried a diff arcade game and was fine.

Hope this isnt fooked and its just me.

Its actually a lot better then the emulator version i played not so long ago. The ball is far more "sticky" to the player then in the other version. I could get used to it i guess, but im not sure whether i want to.

Disconnected me aswell but you cant go online int eh trial

Someone posted this on the Codemasters forum:

"what the a button even shoot's then?

sorry for sounding so pathetic, but this is really hard lmao, the controls anyway!"

Really hard controls? Eh? It's one button!

You'll be thinking of the console versions mate, the Megadrive/Genesis used two buttons. The proper Amiga version was one button.

Nah, its a great system. Tap to pass, hold down to shoot.

Hope they have kept the passes with after-touch in. 1 hour till I can get home and have a go!

Have you got it yet Dags?

I don't finish work until 5pm :( I could go home on my dinner but it takes 20 mins to get there and 20 back, plus I have to post something off :(

A Codemasters employee has posted on their forum and said they, and MS, are looking into the issue now.

Back
Top Bottom