Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

Microsoft has confirmed that Sensible World of Soccer will be released on Xbox Live Arcade tomorrow and revealed that it will be joined by Tempest.
Advertisement

The long-awaited SWOS will go for 800 Microsoft Points (GBP 6.80 / EUR 9.30), while Tempest will be 400 (GBP 3.40 / EUR 4.65). Both will be released with demo versions at 9am GMT on Wednesday, 19th December.

Both games feature original and enhanced graphical options, along with the usual 12 unlockable Achievements for 200 gamerpoints. SWOS of course features online play too.

For more on how it's shaping up, check out our first impressions and recent interview with Codemasters Online Gaming.

------------------------------------------------

£6.80? DEAL! :D

I'm soooooooooo excited for this!!! :D

I've got a horrible fear it'll be like Speedball II (another game I was looking forward to) only to find it's not full screen and is played in a window.

I've got a horrible fear it'll be like Speedball II (another game I was looking forward to) only to find it's not full screen and is played in a window.

Would still be good!

Havent given Speedball 2 as much attention as I thought I would though...

Golden Axe and Speedball were both in windows, which really sucks. Considering the SWOS players are hardly giants, I'll be a bit disappointed if I have to play in a window. Fingers crossed though :)

EEEEEEEEEEE, old skool for me! Those new SWOS players look like weird little goblins from Lord Of The Rings! "Pass to me my precious!"

The updated graphics come with a deteriorating pitch so I will grudgingly have to use that. The faces just don't look right to me.

It'll be interesting to see if I can play this as well as I did when I was younger, I was unstoppable then. But then I'm using a gamepad this time ...

Well, to be fair, if it does have poor lag/response times online it will just ruin it. They've been putting the game back for months and months to tweak online, and the SLIGHTEST hint of lag will bugger it all up. I'm optimistic, I'm sure Codemasters realise this and will have it working great.

But it uses exactly the same engine, NOTHING has changed apparantly. I think the only scope I'll have for complaining will be using a gamepad, POSSIBLE lag and whether it's played in a window. I'm curious how online tournaments work too. But I'm very optimistic, roll on tomorrow night :)

I always used to play with a game pad - I plugged in my master system pads into my amiga - thats how I played all my games. I really didn't like using joysticks.

I played with a joystick on the Amiga and got used to it that way, I got to the point where I'd win most games against mates 2-0 or 3-0. Then when it came out on the PC and I had to use a gamepad, I started winning games 4-0 or 5-0. I was majorly pleased.

I've been playing it on the PC again for the last week or so with the 360 controller, and personally, I don't think it could be better. The analog stick acts like a cross between a joystick and a D-PAD, lets you do all the swerving/chipping you want, and it's so easy to use. Absolutely brilliant.

I really wish it was released today. Quite sad that one of the games I'm most looking forward to this year is over ten years old!

I spoke to my girlfriend last night, she asked if I wanted to see her on Wednesday.

Me: "Sorry I can't"

GF: "Why? What's happening?"

Me: "Erm. A game I've been waiting 10 years to come out, well it's came out. Oh, and Liverpool play Chelsea"

GF: "10 years?!"

Me: "Well, okay, it came out before then but I haven't played it in 10 years, I've wanted to though. So yeah, 10 years."

GF: "So really, you haven't been waiting 10 years, have you?"

Me: "Erm. No. But I'm still busy tomorrow."

The phonecall quickly ended.

I spoke to my girlfriend last night, she asked if I wanted to see her on Wednesday.

Me: "Sorry I can't"

GF: "Why? What's happening?"

Me: "Erm. A game I've been waiting 10 years to come out, well it's came out. Oh, and Liverpool play Chelsea"

GF: "10 years?!"

Me: "Well, okay, it came out before then but I haven't played it in 10 years, I've wanted to though. So yeah, 10 years."

GF: "So really, you haven't been waiting 10 years, have you?"

Me: "Erm. No. But I'm still busy tomorrow."

The phonecall quickly ended.

Whats her number?

Dags.:nono:

Anyways, can someone post the comparison pictures here? I can't get to them.
OLD
445868581_05ca8a3caa_o.jpg

NEW (with missing adverts)
445865132_fec395aba4_o.jpg

NEW (zoomed out, not sure if this is just to show it off or whether this is a camera option)
swostad2tb1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks JB, but I can't see the last pic.

Dags, I guess I need to pay attention to the EPL schedule. I'm so use to games on the weekends that I forgot during the Christmas Holidays that they play all the time.

Apparantly, there are quite a few stadiums in the game (HD Version only probably), reflecting top clubs and lower league.

Hope you can use HD in the Manager Mode. Fuck old-skool, I didnt pay a fortune for HDTV and Nex-Gen Gaming for 10 year old graphics. Much as I love SWOS, I'm whoring myself to HD Glory!

Incidently, I'll have to borrow a USB keyboard from work. I'll be spending a good while editing :)

Apparantly snow is in the game, as is rain (which hits the ground but unfortunately doesn't create puddles).

There are ranked online tables. I expect Evo-Web to have a good showing :)

"Originally Posted by Rubbergenius
Message from the dev team regarding that Q&A is that DIY competitions aren't playable online - offline only.

Apparently this was a change that wasn't reflected in the Q&A as it was written a number of weeks ago.

Sorry for the miscommunication"

I'm not totally sure how accurate that bit about DIY comps is, because I'm seeing an awful lot of people arranging tournaments ...

Last edited by a moderator:
:lol:

"I just read that SWOS is only 400MSP's in Japan...

Obviously, it would be completely against Microsoft terms of service to go and create a fake Japanese Xbox live account (where you can play any game you download in that region with your real UK/other account)

Obviously, that would be totally naughty,

and, erm, against the TOS of a multi-billion pound business,

ripping them off 2 pound, approximately,

even though, they are happily ripping it off us by releasing in the none-soccer mad Korea/Japan for 2 pounds cheaper...

Of course, if you were to google the phrase "Japan Xbox Live Account" and then hit "I'm feeling lucky" that wouldn't direct people into how to do it..

Nor, would they have to be able to read Japanese... or anything..

Mind you, you probably would have to get some MSP's with your newly created Japanese account, which might be interesting, given the credit card transaction thing...

(Although maybe, you already have some MSP's on your account)

Obviously, I'm just thinking out loud...

And maybe, (although I dunno) you may get it about 8 hours earlier due to the time difference...

P.s. Don't do this - I wouldn't like to be responsible if it's not actually 400msp's and what i've read is a lie, also, don't dish out any cash on the japanese account as, like I said, it may be 800 points and a complete waste of time, although you could create an account and look, *before* splashing out the cash..

*ahem*"

:lol:

"I just read that SWOS is only 400MSP's in Japan...

Obviously, it would be completely against Microsoft terms of service to go and create a fake Japanese Xbox live account (where you can play any game you download in that region with your real UK/other account)

Obviously, that would be totally naughty,

and, erm, against the TOS of a multi-billion pound business,

ripping them off 2 pound, approximately,

even though, they are happily ripping it off us by releasing in the none-soccer mad Korea/Japan for 2 pounds cheaper...

Of course, if you were to google the phrase "Japan Xbox Live Account" and then hit "I'm feeling lucky" that wouldn't direct people into how to do it..

Nor, would they have to be able to read Japanese... or anything..

Mind you, you probably would have to get some MSP's with your newly created Japanese account, which might be interesting, given the credit card transaction thing...

(Although maybe, you already have some MSP's on your account)

Obviously, I'm just thinking out loud...

And maybe, (although I dunno) you may get it about 8 hours earlier due to the time difference...

P.s. Don't do this - I wouldn't like to be responsible if it's not actually 400msp's and what i've read is a lie, also, don't dish out any cash on the japanese account as, like I said, it may be 800 points and a complete waste of time, although you could create an account and look, *before* splashing out the cash..

*ahem*"

Or you could just 'flash' your xbox and avoid COD4... oh, bugger - too late! :D

Back
Top Bottom