Sensible World Of Soccer (Xbox 360)

A couple of things... (Here we go)

When you start the game you get disconnected from Xbox Live. I'm assuming this is because the servers are being overloaded, but at 12pm that seems unusual.

The player names are doing my nut, if someone brings a patch out I will have to buy an XSATA just to fix it. Can't play with the names like this, Tranmere (96/97 data but I still know the players) have someone called Z. Ciik. Never in a million years have Tranmere had someone called Z. Ciik. Who the hell that is supposed to be I have no idea. It seems they've given players fake first initials as well as fake surnames, which is really frustrating.

Most annoyingly, on "enhanced", the screen does a raindrop effect when you score, which is utterly fucking stupid. It's like watching a screensaver or something, it puts me off the game.

Gameplay is great though, as always.

You'll be thinking of the console versions mate, the Megadrive/Genesis used two buttons.

Thats what im used to. Tbh I think thats a better option. Now you end up holding the pass button down extra long but with the speed of the game you end up taking too long and not getting the shot away. Having a separate shoot button would have been better just for the needed reaction times imo.

Most annoyingly, on "enhanced", the screen does a raindrop effect when you score, which is utterly fucking stupid. It's like watching a screensaver or something, it puts me off the game.

I saw that aswell when I scored a penalty. I thought: "whats that about?!"

Also a small detail, when the players run on and off the ptich they run "over" the players tunnel. Small detail but surely the codies could have just left that bit of stadium empty/tiled.......Looks daft.

Last edited:
Jack, check the database link I posted a bit back, it has all of the teams and the players there.

A lot of people are complaining about the ripple effect too.

The player names are doing my nut, if someone brings a patch out I will have to buy an XSATA just to fix it. Can't play with the names like this, Tranmere (96/97 data but I still know the players) have someone called Z. Ciik. Never in a million years have Tranmere had someone called Z. Ciik. Who the hell that is supposed to be I have no idea. It seems they've given players fake first initials as well as fake surnames, which is really frustrating.

Gameplay is great though, as always.

Are all the rest of the teams the same, same players etc. I always started with Brighton HA as they were real pants...:D

The teams are the same as 96/97, no changes apart from the ridiculous names. I can cope with fake names, I'm just thrown by the fake first initials as well. You know that R. Foola is Robbie Fowler, but Z. Foola and you're thinking "who could that be?"

Z. Ciic is... Ready for this?

Ivano Bonetti.

And as I thought, N. Coiyn is DANNY Coyne.

That is fucking outrageous. Why did they have to do that? When I play online I will have NO CLUE who the opposition's players are. No other football game has completely randomised player names like that.

Off-topic, Cammey, what's with the X-Factor dude as your Gamertag and avatar? Steve, is that you?

Nope, the girlfriend forced me to ask him before... It's a tribute to the great man, apparently.

Just realised something horrible. The only editor is a custom team editor, you can't edit the actual league teams. Meaning these names are here to stay.

Shit, shit and triple shit. :(

Aye, you can have 48 custom teams but no word if they can be used online yet. Hopefully they can because then we could create our own teams to use in an Evo-Web tournament.

Aye, you can have 48 custom teams but no word if they can be used online yet. Hopefully they can because then we could create our own teams to use in an Evo-Web tournament.
Yeah and then you'll get teams with 5-star players from top to bottom whenever you play online...

The gameplay is fantastic though, I'm playing a friendly, Liverpool v Everton, and it's just brilliant. It really is. You play as Liverpool and you're whizzing about, shooting and managing to score from really tight angles. Then you pick Tranmere and it's like walking in mud. :D

So much fun, but I'm pissed off that they've changed all the first names (David James is N. Jemas, Phil Babb is Z. Bebb, Jamie Redknapp is Tony Radknepp :|). And that ripple goal effect means I'm not playing with the enhanced graphics on. I can't believe they thought that would be a good fucking idea, who the hell works at games companies nowadays?

They've took it off now, you can't download it. It's been taken down because of the Xbox Live issue - i.e. not being able to play it on Xbox Live...

If the teams are the same as 96/97 does that mean the old Wimbledon FC are living on borrowed time, and in the Prem? :mrgreen:

Oh dear, it's looking bad for those who didn't download it before 12:30. It's been taken down as I said earlier and, on the official SWOS forum at Codemasters, they're saying it's beyond a quick fix to get it working online (how long has this been delayed for to get it working online properly, and now it's delayed again)...

Microsoft are "preparing a statement", which is ominous.

They've took it off now, you can't download it. It's been taken down because of the Xbox Live issue - i.e. not being able to play it on Xbox Live...

How will this work for people who have already paid for and downloaded it? Surely if the game disconnects from Xbox Live every time it is opened, then it wont be able to update it to fix the problem? I shouldn't have rushed into buying it first thing this morning i 'spose. Game is great fun though, even though i'm pants at it.

It's been said that those who have already downloaded it will be able to re-download the fixed version for free when it's up.

Ah brilliant. I 'spose it means i can get some practice in while we all wait for the fixed version then. Now it's a good thing i rushed into buying it this morning :D

Ah brilliant. I 'spose it means i can get some practice in while we all wait for the fixed version then. Now it's a good thing i rushed into buying it this morning :D
That's how I feel as well :D

I'm just chuffed at how it plays, Liverpool v Everton is a fast frantic game, Tranmere v Hartlepool is slow and tough. Even though it's ten years old I find the difficulty levels are perfect in comparison to modern games - on SWOS I can win 3-0 and then lose 3-0, on FIFA (and PES) every game is won 2-0 on semi-pro, drawn 0-0 on pro and lost 0-2 on world class (no matter who you are and who you play)...

FUCK! I knew I should've went home on dinner to download it! :(
Yep, you should have. :lol:

Sorry mate, it is ridiculous that this has happened. They could have at least left the trial version up or something, I mean you can't even play that online so what was the point in taking that down... It's very unfair.

Last edited:
Something I forgot to mention is the advertising description when you download it, I don't like the sound of that.

"Your IP address and other anonymous information [how the fuck is your IP anonymous information?] will be taken from your console for advertising purposes."

Sounds well dodgy. I wonder if that's related to the problems they're having...

Last edited:
Please find below the statement from Microsoft:

It has come to our attention that an incorrect version of Sensible World of Soccer was made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® which has since been taken down. This version incorrectly disconnected users that attempted to connect to Xbox LIVE.

We are currently investigating the issue and will have a correctly functioning version of Sensible World of Soccer available soon.

Any users that have already downloaded Sensible World of Soccer will need to delete their copy of the game and download it again when the correctly functioning version is available in order to enjoy online play via Xbox LIVE. Following this process does not incur any additional charges.

Please look out for the fully functional version of Sensible World of Soccer soon. We thank you for your patience.

I'm extremely keen to keep you guys informed with all the info we have, and will continue to update as best I can with any information.

Thanks,
Mr.Ktat

----------------------------------

Hopefully just a case of wrong version being uploaded and uploading a working (latest, proper) version ...

Last edited by a moderator:
From M$...

It has come to our attention that an incorrect version of Sensible World of Soccer was made available on Xbox LIVE® Arcade for the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft® which has since been taken down. This version incorrectly disconnected users that attempted to connect to Xbox LIVE.

We are currently investigating the issue and will have a correctly functioning version of Sensible World of Soccer available soon.

Any users that have already downloaded Sensible World of Soccer will need to delete their copy of the game and download it again when the correctly functioning version is available in order to enjoy online play via Xbox LIVE. Following this process does not incur any additional charges.

Please look out for the fully functional version of Sensible World of Soccer soon. We thank you for your patience.

Back
Top Bottom