Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

Installed this on the 360 late last night for my 'late night session' and after waiting and starting the game, fell asleep during the intro movie :(

Was wankered though :(

Everyone still loving this, no really annoying game breakers popped up yet?...

Given my hand I'm holding off any new games for a week or so...

Nope after 15-20 hours playing time there's no great annoyances other than it's too easy, especially after you upgrade deadeye which you have no choice but to do :( Of course the answer is to not use deadeye unless it's life or death but it's still a shame as the first level of deadeye is perfect, time slows but you still have to aim exactly where you need the bullet to go and then fire one at a time.

Well Paul, if it's too easy for you, then i hope it will be perfect for me.
Bought the game yesterday but haven't got the time to play it (do you need to install it on your 360?).
This is the first GTA-style i've ever bought, i hope i like it....

Technically no you don't need to install it, but as with all open world games it constantly streams data to the game and the DVD drive is 1. noisy when doing that and 2. not fast enough so you get more pop in and such. You should like it I think, you're a thinking man's man and the game whilst containing a lot of fun doesn't insult one's intelligence like a lot of games.

It's a fun game, but it's also a reminder of how the old west was a cruel and unforgiving land.

Nope after 15-20 hours playing time there's no great annoyances other than it's too easy,
Enemies become more accurate with time, but yes it's easy. Only because the IA never flanks you and wait calmly behind its cover.

After 20 hours played, most of the story missions are not unforgettable. Not even close to GTA. But side missions are a lot better, so I say it's a tie.

From the 360 Facebook app that posts your achievements and stuff as news feed (you can also post your own lil game reviews):

Tiffany Adkins 20 May
3/10 - Not sure if people are just lying for the hell of it, but this is probably one of thee worse games I have ever played. First of all... the controls are horrible, the graphics are horrible. I wouldn't even care about the graphics, but while you're playing the day changes into night time. You can't see worth shit at all. I didn't even try to play this online yet and I'm not going to, lol. Other than this I really found it to be boring anyway. The controls really stopped me from maybe having a chance of liking this game. Oh and seriously why a GTA radar still? The horses are almost bad as GTA car controls if anything they're probably worse.

So... I say rent it, I feel sorry for the people who pay 60 bucks or whatever the hell they spent on this bs.

Some people.......

My wife likes Mario Galaxy...and i have to say, it seems a fun game.
Couldn't resist to play a quarter of an hour (i'm working at home for the moment) and it's completely new to me, but i kinda like it...free roaming is new to me...
It will take a while before i will get uede to it, but i like the genral atmosphere...and the music is fantastic.

I did some new pics today for ya, they are only from a iPhone so don't look anything like they do when your sat here but you will have to take my word for it on how good it does look.

To put them into perspective that radar at the bottom is about a foot wide :LOL:

I have a homemade MDF screen, painted white with a wooden black border and I'm 3 metres away from the screen which is perfect according to all the picture sites (3.1 metres away is recommend for HD and 3.5 is max distance before you lose detail)

I told you that you were way off :LOL:

Dude, I was thinking bout getting a projector. What type have you got and would you recomend it?

I got the game yesterday and, as usual with big big games I started it with a friend and my wife. We had 2 great hours of fun before my wife went to bed, then my friend and I played for 5 more hours. It was exhilarating at times. The best definition of the game is that it is broad. Possibly the less rigid-structured game I've played in quite a long time. And I'm liking it a lot.

Physics engine and euphoria are just adorable. So many details everywhere. Just what I hoped this game should be.

Dude, I was thinking bout getting a projector. What type have you got and would you recomend it?

I have a Sanyo Z2000 LCD projector and its brilliant and would highly recommend it

It has a short throw lens and massive lens shift on it so you don't need it in the centre of the room, mine is waaaaay off to the right of the screen :LOL:

got it yesterday, but only got to play it a little.

tried online, and just finding other folk was a challenge. The map was huge.

Thanks Coopz.

How much did that cost you + is it a noisy unit?
Also, I presume it is an HD projector?

Sorry for the off topic

I can't believe they didn't learn from the mistake in GTA4 of not letting us play the 'games' online with friends.

This game is just crying out for some online poker

In truth the complaints about the horses is somewhat warranted. They are annoying to turn at slow speeds.

Drekkard, did you say you played multiplayer on the same console? Is that possible.

The game is frustrating to control at times, but overall it's a great game. The controls are not a gamebreaker, they just take time to adjust to and learn from i.e. taking your horse up to a rocky area is going to present you with handling problems.

Man, I've played around 10 hours but have barely progressed in the story. I'm enjoying the 'small' stuff too much. I love the music when you're involved in some action.

Drekkard, did you say you played multiplayer on the same console? Is that possible.

Nope, me and my friend played with one pad only. One mission each. Played some more today. Great game so far, now that I earned my dust coat.

after my first save, go out to meet bonnie and there is a dog just sitting there, so i decided to give it a kick. Then it started to attack me. So i tried to run away, but it kept attacking me. So I shot it.

Then two men chased after me and shot me :((

I'm not going to do that again :LOL:

First thing I shot was a chicken L:))

"Graphics look shit"

confused-full.jpg

YouTube - Red Dead Redemption ( Invisible Horse )

Last edited:
I can't believe that duel epic fail clip was taken for for copyright and the users account was suspended!

Back
Top Bottom