Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

ShopTo have dispatched my copy so anyone else who pre-ordered from there we should hopefully get it tomorrow.

When you play the game on the 360 you will be able to tell how bad them PS3 shots look

The 360 is sharp, clear and in the daytime especially its stunning with all the details you can see

if this is a BAD looking version, then i want more of that "ugly" ps3 games :D

btw: as far as i know the ltd edition contains codes for golden guns, better horse and so on -
will it be possible to buy that stuff in playstation online-store??
does anybody have experience with other games and such DLCs ???

Last edited:
Thats complete and utter bollocks. I had the leaked version on my 360. I didnt play it for long as I dont want to ruin the PS3 version I have purchased. Yes it looks great, but so will the PS3 version. Those comparison shots do not show a substantial difference as most people here agree to. The only thing I can take from it is the lighting and trees being slightly better on the 360 but in all honesty you aren't going to notice the difference unless your either really sad and have them both running on different screens at the same time or your a fanboy of one console or the other.

The fact of the matter is is that the game is fantastic on BOTH CONSOLES. If you are fortunate enough to own both then the decision you make on which version to purchase will be based on more important factors such as what version the majority of your friends are buying, which controller you prefer and which console you play on more, probably not the small graphical differences between each console.

Calm down sweetpea

You can even clearly see that the PS3 shots are very blurry compared to the 360 ones and that's confirmed like i said after playing it

Maybe the PS3 will be as good i dont know i'm just commenting on the pictures

Tell me you dont see the difference in detail, sharpness and quality in these 2

a0037809_4bf34bc10b119.jpg

a0037809_4bf34bc704ac7.jpg

Why does everyone get so defensive when you say one is better than the other? Now that is sad

Thats complete and utter bollocks. I had the leaked version on my 360. I didnt play it for long as I dont want to ruin the PS3 version I have purchased. Yes it looks great, but so will the PS3 version. Those comparison shots do not show a substantial difference as most people here agree to. The only thing I can take from it is the lighting and trees being slightly better on the 360 but in all honesty you aren't going to notice the difference unless your either really sad and have them both running on different screens at the same time or your a fanboy of one console or the other.

The fact of the matter is is that the game is fantastic on BOTH CONSOLES. If you are fortunate enough to own both then the decision you make on which version to purchase will be based on more important factors such as what version the majority of your friends are buying, which controller you prefer and which console you play on more, probably not the small graphical differences between each console.

I agree with you, but the 360 Version is better :)

Webhallen show mine as posted today, so hopefully will get it tomorrow, not sure why I don't get an automated Email to show the status has changed :(

Calm down sweetpea

You can even clearly see that the PS3 shots are very blurry compared to the 360 ones and that's confirmed like i said after playing it

Why does everyone get so defensive when you say one is better than the other? Now that is sad

No mate, no ones being sad over such things. Your the one pointing out the slight differences in detail. Yes I agree the 360 version has better contrast and is more vibrant like I said earlier but that doesn't make the PS3 version 'bad' as you suggest. Fundamentally both versions are fantastic with the 360 having a slightly better graphical effects while the PS3 has been having less problems online in at the moment (based on the NA version). Does the networking issues make the 360 version 'bad' too? No of course not. The game will be patched and most of the problems will be resolved. If these huge graphical differences are such a problem then get it on the 360 if you want, but if it doesn't bother you as most people on here can see than the PS3 version is fine. Anyway im not going to discuss the differences anymore because I dont care as I will have both anyway tomorrow.

Last edited by a moderator:
a0037809_4bf350951597e.jpg

a0037809_4bf3509b4e857.jpg

To me this is the biggest problem. The difference in foliage is huge. Having played the 360 version I know how sometimes it's hard to spot small animals because of the grass, seems like that won't be a problem when I play on the PS3...

Thats a better comparison and the lack of foliage is clear... BUT, if you saw the PS3 shot in its own right without being next to the 360 one, you wouldnt really care I guess. It still looks great.

Thats a better comparison and the lack of foliage is clear... BUT, if you saw the PS3 shot in its own right without being next to the 360 one, you wouldnt really care I guess. It still looks great.

Exactly. Both versions looks great with the 360 version having better graphical effects but it doesn't mean the PS3 version is really bad because its lacking some detail. Sadly those who don't own both consoles are usually the ones who bring up these differences to support their platform of choice.

Calm down sweetpea

a0037809_4bf34bc10b119.jpg

a0037809_4bf34bc704ac7.jpg

Same issue i had on GTA4. i had it on the 360 and ps3. the 360 version looked better then the ps3 and thats coming from a massive ps3 fan too.

i may get this on the 360. i need a reason to switch it on once in a while:SHOCK:

From a "buddy" on another forum...

Graphics are excellent, riding around is good fun too... blah blah blah

This is on PS3. Now stop blabbing on about minor graphical differences ya sad bastards!

Get out more. Have a few pints. Shag a few women and man the fuck up.

I love how people say 'if you play this on both consoles you will notice the difference', as if that's a likely scenario for most people!

The foliage looks like a potentially valid concern if you've played both but yhese face-offs feel like a relic of three years ago when the PS3 didn't have two good exclusives to rub together. I think most PS3 owners are pretty comfortable about which console they bought nowadays.

I love how people say 'if you play this on both consoles you will notice the difference', as if that's a likely scenario for most people!

The foliage looks like a potentially valid concern if you've played both but yhese face-offs feel like a relic of three years ago when the PS3 didn't have two good exclusives to rub together. I think most PS3 owners are pretty comfortable about which console they bought nowadays.

WORD !!! :D

From a "buddy" on another forum...

Graphics are excellent, riding around is good fun too... blah blah blah

This is on PS3. Now stop blabbing on about minor graphical differences ya sad bastards!

Get out more. Have a few pints. Shag a few women and man the fuck up.

Shag a few woman? i hope you dont do that. Your married WITH KIDS!!! tut tut :P

No mate, no ones being sad over such things. Your the one pointing out the slight differences in detail. Yes I agree the 360 version has better contrast and is more vibrant like I said earlier but that doesn't make the PS3 version 'bad' as you suggest. Fundamentally both versions are fantastic with the 360 having a slightly better graphical effects while the PS3 has been having less problems online in at the moment (based on the NA version). Does the networking issues make the 360 version 'bad' too? No of course not. The game will be patched and most of the problems will be resolved. If these huge graphical differences are such a problem then get it on the 360 if you want, but if it doesn't bother you as most people on here can see than the PS3 version is fine. Anyway im not going to discuss the differences anymore because I dont care as I will have both anyway tomorrow.

Well i want a game or film to look crisp and clear these days and them shots do not so i would be disappointed if i had a PS3

It does look bad because it doesn't even look HD compared to the 360 shots with its blurry and unsharp look to it

I'm only saying this because i have played the game and it looks exactly like it does in the 360 pic's which is amazing on a 90" screen

When a game involves shooting tiny furry mammals with a pistol at 200m you really want objects in the distance to look sharp ;)

limited edition worhtwhile

You cant buy limited edition from shopto since wednesday

Only places are selling it for 47+

I can buy normal version for 35

Just wondering can you not get the stuff in the limited edition in the game anyway eventually

Or is it really worhtwhil

Well i want a game or film to look crisp and clear these days and them shots do not so i would be disappointed if i had a PS3

It does look bad because it doesn't even look HD compared to the 360 shots with its blurry and unsharp look to it

I'm only saying this because i have played the game and it looks exactly like it does in the 360 pic's which is amazing on a 90" screen

:SHOCK:

Damn...

Back
Top Bottom