Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

Well i want a game or film to look crisp and clear these days and them shots do not so i would be disappointed if i had a PS3

Luckily it's not something you'll have to worry about. Nor, generally speaking, is it something we worry about, as we've had more than our fair share of impressive graphics of late. ;)

Obviously it's not ideal having inferior graphics for a multiplat title, but you have to take the rough with the smooth.

Last edited:
Well i want a game or film to look crisp and clear these days and them shots do not so i would be disappointed if i had a PS3

Then why the hell are you gaming on a 4 year old console and not gaming on a gaming PC with dx11 card inside it?

Ah.. still, that is humongous. I have a 42" tv and it feels massive.
Yup. i saw his room. his got it hooked up in his loft from the looks of it. maybe his changed location? TBH the view distance from that room diddnt look suitable for a screen of 90inch.

Its like sitting in the front row seat in a cinema

I would recommend a PJ to everyone they are awesome and mine 1080p so looks the nuts :)

his using a white sheet as a screen. he could go 100inch if he wanted to.

using a projector thats why

Yup. i saw his room. his got it hooked up in his loft from the looks of it. maybe his changed location? TBH the view distance from that room diddnt look suitable for a screen of 90inch.

Its like sitting in the front row seat in a cinema

You couldn't have been more wrong on everything you said there :LOL:

You must have seen someone else's pictures

Coopz said:

I would recommend a PJ to everyone they are awesome and mine 1080p so looks the nuts :)

his using a white sheet as a screen. he could go 100inch if he wanted to.

using a projector thats why

Yup. i saw his room. his got it hooked up in his loft from the looks of it. maybe his changed location? TBH the view distance from that room diddnt lo

You couldn't have been more wrong on everything you said there :LOL:

You must have seen someone else's pictures
No mate you posted pics of your setup a while ago

By any chance... have they added a sepia tone filter or film grain setting that can be on or off? I was just thinking that it would be quite cool to play it with a real old western feel to the image.

Oks, so in multiplayer competitive modes all rounds begin with a Mexican round. That means everybody shooting each other. I guess everyone would shoot Jonney first then go for the others?

This isn't a Game of the year... it's the GAME OF A LIFETIME!! Best game ever made, hands down.

It's gorgeous to look at, magnificent to hear the music and sfx, extremely addictive and gameplay that kicks everyones ass in the game industry.

Don't know what the fuss is about with PS3 graphics, no pop-up or blurr or whatever on my tv. Maybe it's because I have a Sony Bravia KDL-46Z4500 "46 200Hz. :)

Or maybe some fanboy took those pictures everyone is so keen on showing...

It's a good game, but GOTY? Ever made?! No chance IMO.

It's fun enough but I think I'd choose GTA over this, especially now that the initial shine has worn off a bit with RDR.

this game is absolutely great !!!

the sepia filter can be activated with a cheat (that's what mentioned in the menu)

the graphics are also on ps3 very good !!! while the game is in motion you won't notice almost any of those minor grahpic differences that were mentioned before (btw. those screenshots are crap !!!)
all annoying xbox360 fanboys should be punished by the red ring of death !!! :D

Just received my special edition from Webhallen, installing now :)

Anyone got the LE I dont have any soundtrack the other shit.

There's a leaflet inside my box which lists the unlockables + the soundtrack along with the code to unlock them, so seems you don't actually get the soundtrack on CD but download the tracks to your 360? Cheap fuckers!

Picked this up earlier - installing ModNation Racers first... save this for a late night sesh on the 360.

Had a quick game on free roam online earlier. It was a bit unhelpful. You just get dropped in the middle of nowhere with no clue what to do. It's not bad... it's just a little vague.

I started it off anyway by climbing up some watch tower that was near to me. I got to the top and looked around and spotted some guy on his horse. So I shot him and i think missed... and he fell off the horse and ran off shouting. Then I spotted a bounty was on my head and shortly later some people came shooting at me.

I didn't know what all the buttons do so I ran around and then pressed Square to test that one and ended up leaping off the top and falling to my death. haha

After that someone joined me and we set off to attack one of the gang hideouts. I really enjoyed that but towards the end we only had 1 guy left to kill and my teammate decided now would be a good time to get on the gattling gun and pepper me with bullets. Any time I went to enter the compound he just drilled me over and over.

So I had to quit that session and play on my own to finish the mission. Very annoying.

-

From what I can tell though it looks pretty good. I'm looking forward to tonight when more friends are online and we can properly posse up and go around.

Last edited:
What's one of those?
-

In all seriousness... I don't bother with manuals as much these days as they're all starting to go more and more into the same kind of shitty 3 page thing that EA games use.

I was expecting to at least be dumped into the online side by heading to a menu of some kind first. it just felt a little ... it was just unexpected to be dumped in the middle of nowhere and then no receive any help of what I should maybe try first. Like a brief online tutorial.

I did some new pics today for ya, they are only from a iPhone so don't look anything like they do when your sat here but you will have to take my word for it on how good it does look.

To put them into perspective that radar at the bottom is about a foot wide :LOL:

I have a homemade MDF screen, painted white with a wooden black border and I'm 3 metres away from the screen which is perfect according to all the picture sites (3.1 metres away is recommend for HD and 3.5 is max distance before you lose detail)

I told you that you were way off :LOL:

Played my very first competitive online game on this last night. My very first kill and I unlock the 'kill a rockstar' trophy!

What are the chances!

Back
Top Bottom