Red Dead Redemption [PC/PS3/360]

There's something definitely "snob" in the eurogamer review. After reading it, I still don't know why the hell they put it an 8 and not a9 or a 7. I mean, they note all the great things but when they refer to the negatives they sound too boscure. I don't know what's wrong with the game in the way they wrote it. To top it all, they haven't tried the multiplayer. So seems to me a rather amateur work and a bad piece of journalism. When I read a review, I expect things to be put as clear as possible. What can I like and what is not working.

Not that I care about absolute ratings, but I'm growing fed up with this new game journalists that like to talk about cinematic experience, narrative fluidity and use all the words they can yet you end up without knowing what makes the game good or bad, fun or boring.

I miss my 90's reviews when things were much clearer, albeit game journalists had no glamour at all.

More questions

How do i do this dead eye thing?

and i have found a treasure map and all it shows is 2 places with Rocks and Cactus's, how the hell do i find out where it is?

Put treasure map questions/answers in spoilers please people.

More questions

How do i do this dead eye thing?

Draw and aim your weapon then press down the right stick, assuming you have some dead eye (red bar on the right of the mini map).

That treasure is at.
hangman's whatever.

Yeah i found it by chance because i saw the name on the map on the map :LOL:

Draw and aim your weapon then press down the right stick, assuming you have some dead eye (red bar on the right of the mini map).

Ah this might make things easier then when trying to disarm people, thanks

Music's good from what I heard of it, I really don't like music at all as a rule, never, ever listen to music, so all games get the music turned off right away, RDR's music I kept on for the first few hours but then at one point I was hunting wolves and it reminded me of a Criminal Intent interrogation so I turned it off :)

sometimes the music sounds like x files... it could have been better

Is it exclusive for Xbox 360 & PS3 only & never will be released on PC platform ?

Last edited:
PS3 as well, not confirmed for the PC but it might be later in the year.

I get my copy today , but does anyone know the perk you get for pre-ordering it. I was told something about an outfit? I didn`t want to ask him too much there`s always a line in the gamestop here. Kids here will yell out hurry up oldman :LOL:

Last edited:
I get my copy today , but does anyone know the perk you get for pre-ordering it. I was told something about an outfit? I didn`t want to ask him too much there`s always a line in the gamestop here. Kids here will yell out hurry up oldman :LOL:

Wherever you preorder it from has different perks. I have ordered from amazon and I get some golden guns or something? not really interested. rather get them through proper means

This is gonna take me ages to finish because i just get sidetracked by useless stuff :)

Instead of doing missions i saw that i needed to shoot 5 coyotes without them biting me to up my sharpshooter rank and kill and skin 5 Wolves with a knife for something else so i got some bait and went out into the wilderness and camped out

I think i was trying to do it for about 2 hours the time just flew by. I was shooting wolves mistaking them for coyotes and knifing coyotes mistaking them for wolves and what makes it worse when the wolves eventually came close enough to knife almost every time they killed me so in the end so i got fuck all from it :LOL:

Yeah it really helps to use deadeye when you need to kill something dangerous with the knife, I had to kill and skin two Cougar's by knife and if I hadn't used deadeye it would have been extremely tough :)

Wherever you preorder it from has different perks. I have ordered from amazon and I get some golden guns or something? not really interested. rather get them through proper means

I think the EU version comes with all three perks but the US version is only one or two depending on if you preorder from Gamestop or wherever else, the three are:

Limited Edition includes:
• Red Dead Redemption game
• The Deadly Assassin Outfit: John Marston's "Deadly Assassin" outfit causes your Dead Eye meter to regenerate at twice the speed. With more Dead Eye, you have more time to place each shot with total accuracy, making you the deadliest gunslinger in any fight.
• The War Horse: There are countless horses to be found in the massive world of Red Dead Redemption, but none is stronger, faster or tougher than the exclusive War Horse. Whether storming gang hideouts, exploring the wilderness for hidden treasure, or outrunning the law, the War Horse gives gunslingers an advantage in nearly every situation.
• The Golden Guns Weapon Pack: The player who wields the exclusive Golden Guns receives more Fame for each kill. The more Fame you get, the more in-game side missions become available. So there will be more opportunities to duel, more kidnapped townsfolk to rescue and you can bribe lawmen for less.
• Red Dead Redemption Originally Scored Soundtrack.

I went with Webhallen because you also get the chance of these:

tarningarpreorder.jpg

I believe it's the first 100 who pre-ordered or 100 at random or something :)

What exactly do you get anyway? It just says "for rewards" in the Challenge section but doesn't seem to say what you unlock?

Yeah it really helps to use deadeye when you need to kill something dangerous with the knife, I had to kill and skin two Cougar's by knife and if I hadn't used deadeye it would have been extremely tough :)

Ah i never thought of that, ill go on soon and try and do it again :)

Another question, do people get rid of all the stuff they aquire (skins, meat, herbs ect) straight away or do you keep some?

Let them build up a while then sell, only keep them if I'm aiming for some challenge (right now is the flower stranger one).

Another question

I keep seeing alot of wild horses so i lassoed one and broke him in but what can i do with him now apart from ride him because if i press up to call a horse it calls my old one still

Also can you save without advancing 6 hours?

When you break a horse you have to hitch him at a hitching post to save him as your horse.

I don't believe you can save without advancing the time except for auto saves which occur after you for example win at horse shoes (or ironically enough hitch a new horse) etc. etc. etc.

According to several reviews I've read, it's the best game ever made. That's reason enough for me to get the limited edition. And getting the soundtrack and ALL the perks with it is a bonus. Rockstar is the only game producer who are worth giving extra cash to IMO.

Back
Top Bottom