[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

copur said:
Fastloader doesnt work, its devhook 0.21 only.

A little bit dissapointed that there is no commentary, very few cam options, no master league, sometimes lag in the penaltybox and running is a little bit uncomfortable, the R(1) button feels different.

But heck, it's still Winning Eleven, it plays like Winning Eleven and it's by far the best game on the PSP (Virtua Tennis second).

New FastLoader 0.8 works.
I think they change names

Ok. This will be my first post regarding WE9:UE playtime impressions.

First things first.
My thanks go out to matt for all his patience with me. he has helped me out immensely to understand what the heck the PSP is about.

Now onto the way I got it to work.

I found out that Wab Changer 2.5 works with it. What it does is trick your PSP into thinking the umd IS playing on a 2.0 firmware system. That said, I have the ORIGINAL UMD game. I have only a 256 mb memory card so i can't be bothered to care about iso's right now.

Now my impressions.

1) ANIMATIONS! EVERY ANIMATION FROM WE9(PS2) IS IN THERE! I can not tell the difference honestly. Shooting passing running tricks all look superb.

2)Control. BY GOD! They've really emulated(HAHAHA! Don't we all love that when it comes to the PSP)the control of the PS2 controller extremely well. Seriously within minutes I got the hang of it.

3)Graphics. SLOWDOWN?! 333 my arse. I was worried this game suffered from very poor slowdown. Happy to say I think it's totally playable at 222.I'll hold out for a loader that'll allow me to change the clock,but right now I'm good. Blur effect? Hardly noticed it. If thats what you call blur effect than the PS2 has it as well. Cuz thats the only thing i can say it resembles. The PS2 version.

Overall, hard to score this game low. Theres some questions about WHY they couldn't add more stadiums or make editing of players be available at the start,but theres hope that either the psp link or unlocking the featute in the WeShop fixes that.

So, right now as it stands, this game is the game to own for the PSP. No other game matches it's faithfulness to it's series,unlike the others that have been put out on the PSP.

PSP version = 9.0/10
PS2 version = 9.0/10

Equal to each other because they do everything their version is supposed to do.

There is however often too much lag in the penaltybox. And before the match begins, you cannot edit the stars for attendance of both home and away teams.

oasismark said:
Just like to see it running, see the camera angles, quality of graphics, cut scenes, loading times. etc

Exactly, just would like to see how it plays etc on the PSP. So if anyone can do a video then it'd be greatly appreciated.

copur said:
There is however often too much lag in the penaltybox. And before the match begins, you cannot edit the stars for attendance of both home and away teams.
Its even in the PS2 vers. so what do you expect. people the slowdown is not anything to deter anyone from enjoying the game.

oasismark said:
Just like to see it running, see the camera angles, quality of graphics, cut scenes, loading times. etc

many times you gonna have to take someones word for it. Theres 3 camera angles(they picked the only 3,no wide angle because the games in widescreen anyway now so it was a smart move)Loading times are a wait but who cares...cut scenes are there but who cares

kamy100 said:
Exactly, just would like to see how it plays etc on the PSP. So if anyone can do a video then it'd be greatly appreciated.

It plays like the PS2 vers man trust us!

KOP_007 said:
I've just bough the bottom item in the PES shop...I don't know what it's given me though?

Can someone translate the shop items?

i have no clue myself there should be someone at this point. I think 3 of the unlockables are unlockables not found in the PS2 vers. though

KOP_007 said:
I've just bough the bottom item in the PES shop...I don't know what it's given me though?

Can someone translate the shop items?

Kop, could you kindly post your save file please? :D
Thanks

Ah, if you guy have many WEN, please post your save files and help us, lazy players :)

Cya

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
just got it in the post this morning. posting this message from my psp! transferred the WEAmerica option
file from the ps2 version so now i have 100 percent players names and kits!

Cool. Is there any chance you can post your option file on the internet please? I dont have WE9 so i wouldnt know how to go about transfering stuff

and does anybody else haves that annoying ""WOESH"" when your in the menu or playing the game I also don't have commentary.NOt with the ripped 416 mb or 937 mb version

ok i'm downloading the lightforce version now. Maybe it'in there. HOW about that annoying sound. In the beginning when you press start 1 second after that you get the ""woesh"".It also does that when im playing.Very irritating

this psp version if it had the different camera angles it would be better than the ps2 version. It has all the constant free kicks removed, the players dont stop in thier tracks for no reason all in all it isn't as frustrating as the ps2 version

Alberto Tomba said:
Ok. This will be my first post regarding WE9:UE playtime impressions.

First things first.
My thanks go out to matt for all his patience with me. he has helped me out immensely to understand what the heck the PSP is about.

Now onto the way I got it to work.

I found out that Wab Changer 2.5 works with it. What it does is trick your PSP into thinking the umd IS playing on a 2.0 firmware system. That said, I have the ORIGINAL UMD game. I have only a 256 mb memory card so i can't be bothered to care about iso's right now.

Now my impressions.

1) ANIMATIONS! EVERY ANIMATION FROM WE9(PS2) IS IN THERE! I can not tell the difference honestly. Shooting passing running tricks all look superb.

2)Control. BY GOD! They've really emulated(HAHAHA! Don't we all love that when it comes to the PSP)the control of the PS2 controller extremely well. Seriously within minutes I got the hang of it.

3)Graphics. SLOWDOWN?! 333 my arse. I was worried this game suffered from very poor slowdown. Happy to say I think it's totally playable at 222.I'll hold out for a loader that'll allow me to change the clock,but right now I'm good. Blur effect? Hardly noticed it. If thats what you call blur effect than the PS2 has it as well. Cuz thats the only thing i can say it resembles. The PS2 version.

Overall, hard to score this game low. Theres some questions about WHY they couldn't add more stadiums or make editing of players be available at the start,but theres hope that either the psp link or unlocking the featute in the WeShop fixes that.

So, right now as it stands, this game is the game to own for the PSP. No other game matches it's faithfulness to it's series,unlike the others that have been put out on the PSP.

PSP version = 9.0/10
PS2 version = 9.0/10

Equal to each other because they do everything their version is supposed to do.

Well done m8, glad ya got it working in the end :mrgreen: I can't believe I didn't think of doing that lol, must have been tired ;)

But glad ya loving it man, it is very sweet. I agree with everything u say dude, for me the best game on psp by far. They've beautifully recreated the ps2 version :D

Back
Top Bottom