[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

So far (played two games), I'm really disappointed by this Winning eleven because of one thing: the PSP's screen doesn't refresh fast enough to my eyes, there's a little "blur" effect (called "remanence" in french), which is really a negative point for me. World tour soccer had the same problem, I thought it was because developpers didn't optimize enough their code but alas it seems to be a problem linked to the system's screen.

Weren't you disturbed by this? Am I the only one who is in this case?

it's quite awkward playing it on the psp controls. i'm not sure i like it. in fact, it is a huge disappointment - much like the original pes on ps2 which was pure crap.

however, i'm sure the next installment will be superb!

i even tried playing it using a ps2 adapter pad thing i had lying about - still not satisfied...

I noticed that with the buzz around the PSP version of WE9 there are two copies of the game available....an asian version and a japanese one. Does anyone know what's the main diff. between the two and which one you'll be getting?

Kimura said:
So far (played two games), I'm really disappointed by this Winning eleven because of one thing: the PSP's screen doesn't refresh fast enough to my eyes, there's a little "blur" effect (called "remanence" in french), which is really a negative point for me. World tour soccer had the same problem, I thought it was because developpers didn't optimize enough their code but alas it seems to be a problem linked to the system's screen.

i am a bit, but i got used to it.

the game is great so far, i am happy i ordered it!

if we are all being honest. Expectations of what this game will be like will never be matched by the product. Its the first time its been out on psp, you have to remember it can only get better from here on in.

cowden_harley said:
how many stadiums are in the game??

There's only one stadium, and I'm still trying to get used to playing on normal view lol. But I agree with ripkord, I love it. If you take it on it's merits for a psp game it's very, very good. All you really want in a handheld is great gameplay for me personally, but it's got that plus great gfx's. Just wanna try it out on multiplayer now :mrgreen:

I'd like 3 questions answered by the ones who'v been playing it.

1)stadiums? it's been rumored then said that there is only 1. if true maybe theres unlockables/ surely the iso size f the umd can hold a bit more stadiums right/
2)edit mode? can we edit things or is it just a mtter of unlocking this option?
and...

3)Slowdown,jaggies and blur. How bad?

Mine is coming to me tommoroow morning and I'd wanna know for sure if i should even open it?

I'd like to see what you can buy in WESHOP, but the league takes a very long time and gives you just 50 WEN each match.

Is it possible for you to UPLOAD the save file with some money in the WESHOP? Or the WESHOP unlocked?

Thanks.

Snowball

Well I uploaded my option file but the WEN didn't carry over :(

@Tomba - 1) Yes there's only one stadium, I don't know if you can buy any others cos I don't understand the jap writing, neither have I got enough WEN points to buy things from the shop at the moment. But to be honest you never even see any of the stadium when your playing, you just see the pitch and the goals.

2) At the moment we can't edit fuk all apart from attributes an player names etc. But after my option file edited hairstyles and faces from default settings I'm assuming it must be possible somehow. The only way I think it can be done is by unlocking the feature in the WEN shop, thats my theory lol. But I need to get alot of WEN points first, and as snowball said you'll have to play alot of league match's cos their's no WC's or Euro cups to play.

3) I've not had any slowdown or blur watsoever, but I've been running my psp at it's natural speed which is 333mhz. I don't know if the original umd will make the psp run at this speed, but if it doesn't I think that is very stupid of Konami cos people will defo get slowdown if it's run at the factory shipped speed.

But when you get it tomorrow dude you'll love it mate. It's beautifully done and will be great for multiplayer games I imagine :D

Last edited:
Mmm....WE9:UE is already out in Asia and I have seen it on shelves. Sorry can't read the Japanese so don't know if it really doesn't have the ML.

As for Firmware...I think some of the newer games insist on running on newer 2.0 OS...or maybe it was movies.

As far as I am aware (and I am sure this has been known for ages) there is no edit mode in the PSP version - you do your editing on PS2 and transfer the edited data to the PSP via USB.

Seems the PSP version is lacking the amount of kits of the PS2 as I just tried my editing Leeds Utd on PSP and whilst the kit is white, the thin blue stripes are not on PSP (though the edited Whyte & Mackay logo is).

Not a bad game - like people have said, the controls will take some getting used to and I have had some major slow down, but on the whole its VERY close to WE9 on the PS2 which is going to be good enough pool-side on holidays!

i have played about 4 or 5 games so far - i have cranked the cpu speed upto 333 and have noticed NO SLOWDOWN whatsoever.

it's really a great game, but like always with these games, the first editions on new consoles are just a starting point, from which greatness follows...

like someone said above, the main thing to get used to is the controls. btw, on 2 occasions i have accidentally knocked the on/off switch to the off position while playing.

How do we transfer option file from WE9 PS2 version into the PSP version???

Well, as already known that the option files from PS2 can be transfered into the Playstation Portable of the game. I'm wondering how do I transfer the file to the PSP. Is there suppose to be some kind of cable like USB cable to connect from PS2 to PSP?? Or is there some other way in terms of memory card with memory stick???

Please enlighten me.

just use a standard usb cable, the port on the top of the PS2 is a mini one so youll need one of those, you usually get them with digital cameras.

Cheers
Scottio

Kimura said:

I noticed this straight away and it's the only negative point of the game in my opinion, i am trying to get used to it, as i'm sure i will.

One other negative, but this is to do with the PSP, is that you can't get a good grip of the bastard when you're playing, i am going to buy a ps2 pad grip PSP thing off eBay because i think it'll make playing it a lot more comfortable.

WTF! When i load up the option file from the net it just loads fine. BUt when i want to edit my controls and save to the option file it just hangs.... How can this be?

I've noticed a strange thing.

You can load the NEW OPTION FILE to have the names in ENGLISH, but if you play WIFI, you will both have them in japanese.
It is similat to what happen when you play PES4 on PC.
You have to change 2 different files in order to be available to have the latest option file for OFFLINE and ONLINE play.

Let's hope to find a way.

So far im loving this game. the only problem i have with it so far as bell end already said, is that i cant find a comfortable grip, which hinders gameplay somewhat. looks like im gonna be looking for a ps2 pad grip too.

Back
Top Bottom