[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

kobashi said:
WE9 on PSP score 32/40 and not 36/40 as earlier reported.

When the 36/40 score was reported I was sceptical as how could it score higher than the PS2 version with less features.

Also it sold 20,821 copies this week.

Where do you saw this review?
Are there more reviews out yet?

Thnx already

I'm just looking in edit mode and we can't edit anything appearance wise :( There isn't even an option to change anything like that.

kobashi said:

When the 36/40 score was reported I was sceptical as how could it score higher than the PS2 version with less features.

How could it sell if it is out today ?
It was we9 on ps2 that you saw ;)

mattster12 said:
I'm just looking in edit mode and we can't edit anything appearance wise :( There isn't even an option to change anything like that.

that´s too bad :( So there´s no way we can change the kits, appearance, boots....? not even with the ps2 option file?

Flawl3ssCowb0y said:
No commentary and no wide view? What the hell?

Yes this is abit gay, but it more than makes up for it :mrgreen: Amazing game.....lovin it....da da da da dahhh...I'm lovin it :D

I haven't seen a way to edit kits yet though :(

kobashi said:

You're wrong mate.
Winning got a 9 9 9 9 (36/40), not (32/40).

Check this out:
http://img356.imageshack.us/my.php?image=reviewf8753yu.jpg

He got 36/40, more than WE9 PS2.
In my opnion it deserves every single point.
It is unbelievable what great work Konami did with this title.

And it is stupid to compare PS2 version to PSP, concerning scores. ;)

Snowball said:
And it is stupid to compare PS2 version to PSP, concerning scores. ;)

Yes exactly cos it's marked on it's merits for a psp game not ps2 ;) I would have gave it more from my first impressions of the game.

how about the buttons? what kind of tricks can be made? Is there a way to use the "Ps2 R2 Button" feature?

well someone said the d-pad does the movement and the analogue does the tricks. But the analogue and d-pad do the same things lol. The right trigger can be used to do the step-overs and flip-flap, same with the left trigger.

Can't do the 360 spin or the chip and go move though, or the new dragback that was introduced in we9 ps2. I've had no slowdown watsoever though, but I've set my clock speed at the speed the psp should run at.

But even on substituions, I made 3 at first and it was basically instantly. Then the cpu made one and the screen went black for 3 secs. I haven't seen any ingame cut screens like you get all the time in we9 for ps2.

EDIT: Tell a lie, just seen a in game cut scene. Didn't cause any slowdown though ;)

The d-pad needs some getting use to, it's just feels different obviously to the ps2 pad. Well not the actual d-pad but the way your thumb rest is different so it feels not as comfortable, so shud be ok once I've played a bit more.

But overall very impressive :D

Last edited:
Just been playing a Real Madrid vs Chelsea - extreme slowdown in the box from crosses.

However, as suggested, bumped up the clockspeed ont he PSP and slowdown all but eradicated.

Now the edit mode is bothering me...what's going on with it? Can't edit appearence? Kits? Team Names? Am I missing something?

I hope the umd makes the game run off it's correct 333mhz clock speed, otherwise thats just wank. I know they're doing it with gta.

Also yeh KOP_007 we can't edit fuk all really :( Thats why we neeeeed to get into the files in the iso. :)

dsgg said:
so how big is the iso and dose it work with fastloader?????

We can't talk about that shit dude :(

Go and check out the forums on maxconsole.net ;)

dsgg said:
as for editing cant you do that by linking it with your ps2 we9 ????

Yeah, but I don't have a PS2 anymore, on account of having enough of the slowdown on it.

That's why I moved to XBOX and then PC.

I downloaed the option file from PSPUpdates, seems ok...it's just that I'm used to real patches, you know.

Does anyone know why we can't open the AFS'?

For some reason the tools don't recognise them as afs files, but hopefully one of our great tool makers will be able to figure it out :)

kobashi said:

What? ahhh man...

Ok after doing a bit more looking into the game there seems there must be a way to edit appearances. Cos I used my option file from my ps2 we9 first and some faces and hairstyles were mixed up cos I changed a lot of mine through facemaking.

Now i've just put the option file on that was on pspudates and they're all correct and back to default now. So I think it may be an option we have to unlock in the we-shop. So there must be a way to do it in game cos my option file gave Rooney my updated hair for example that I had set in we9 on the ps2.

Also their definetly ingame edited kits so the option to do it must be somewhere cos the option file has found the settings in the game. Now we've just got to find out how it's done lol :)

we will, soon.i am sure.stupid japanese menues.FERNANDO! :lol:

if only i could get my hands on this beauty yet... :(

Iv also noticed with option files that the kits have proper logos and sponsors on them, however there is no way to edit these in the actual game on PSP?

Also you cant edit the names of the licenced teams!

C'mon, must be some way to patch this game, but i wounder how many or the patch makers have PSP's!?!?!?!

Cheers
Scottio

Back
Top Bottom