[PSP] Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution - September

It may need you to upgrade to v2.0. But there are ways round it like fastloader and wabs version changer which tricks the PSP into thinking it's running a different firmware version. This enables you to launch UMD's which require later firmware ;)

So to answer your second question no we will not need to upgrade :)

However there is yet to be game released that either needs 2.0 or has 2.0 on it so we dont really know if the version changer will work for 2.0 yet,

It does work with 1.52.

Been a lot of talk over past hour on different forums,

1 guy said it works with fastloader and iso is 742mb, other gut said it needs 2.0 and doesnot work with fastloader.

Apparantly the new Ghost in the Shell game doesnt work with fastloader either, so maybe sony have developed a new protection on the umd's.

Cheers
Scottio

Alberto Tomba said:
I personally don't care don't really wanna turn my PSP into a my PS2

i second this, i used some isos and homebrew stuff, but if i have to upgrade top use WE9 i will do.won't be playing another game for months anyway :)

Scottio200 said:
However there is yet to be game released that either needs 2.0 or has 2.0 on it so we dont really know if the version changer will work for 2.0 yet,

It does work with 1.52.

Been a lot of talk over past hour on different forums,

1 guy said it works with fastloader and iso is 742mb, other gut said it needs 2.0 and doesnot work with fastloader.

Apparantly the new Ghost in the Shell game doesnt work with fastloader either, so maybe sony have developed a new protection on the umd's.

Cheers
Scottio

I concur with you, I've been following it as well and reports are varying...From when the game went into production, I SERIOUSLY DOUBT that even if it does require a 2.0 firmware update, it will not require any 2.0 files, so, it should work like 1.52 games etc.

thank you lik sang:

Winning Eleven 9 Ubiquitous Evolution (For Sony PSP™ / Japanese)

Shipping Method UPS
Printable Invoice Click to Open
Order Status Order processing

Nice.

Come ed YesAsia.

Come ed HK UMD rippers.

YesAsia:
Winning Eleven 9 UBIQUITOUS EVOLUTION (Japan Version)
Release Date:9/15/2005 1 1 $49.99 $49.99 Preorder

hooray for that option file! i dont have any xport, maxdrive whatever they are called so i believe i could even transfer that file from psp to ps2

hooray!

just played a release version, at lunchtime, for about 3 minutes... the loading time for substitutions is horrendous.

The gfx look beautiful, really sharp, and the animation is almost identical to WE9 which is mightily impressive for such a small machine...

beats playing World Soccer Winning Elven on my GBA (ha ha)

wilier said:
just played a release version, at lunchtime, for about 3 minutes... the loading time for substitutions is horrendous.

What a load of crap the above statement is!!

The loading times for subs is not long, its shorter than the ps2 version ffs, about 5-10seconds at most.

I connected mine up to my PS2 and copied over the WEAmerica save, one thing iv noticed is that you cannot edit the kits, however i noticed all the logos and sponsors where there from the WEAmerica option, very strange that.

Might try a different option file and see if there is any difference.

Should be easy to patch, its all asf files.

Game is excellent, but im not keen on the PSP D-Pad for this, dunno why, might see if i can change it to the analogue stick.

Cheers
Scottio

Scottio200 said:
What a load of crap the above statement is!!

The loading times for subs is not long, its shorter than the ps2 version ffs, about 5-10seconds at most.

No need to get upset, matey... I actually play my WE9 from my PS2 HDD, so I am used to very fast loading. I agree that it's about 10s on the PSP, but i saw the CPU make two subs... and there i was holding the PSP for 20 secs almost just watching a blank screen as the crowd chants swirled around...

it's not a major issue, but the game needs the option to rmove cutscenes for sure...

the rest of the game looks sweet though :)

A few Qs for those who have played the game alot, please:

1) Is there a wide view?
2) Is there commentary?
3) How do u use the Analogue stick?
4) How is the gameplay?

thx

wilier said:
A few Qs for those who have played the game alot, please:

1) Is there a wide view?
2) Is there commentary?
4) How is the gameplay?

thx

1) Doesnt Appear to be
2) Nope
3) Quite easily but i play nearly all psp games using it.
4) Amazing

1) Is there a wide view?

No

2) Is there commentary?

No

When in the Controls setup change the bottom option

4) How is the gameplay?

Fan Bloody Tastic!

So the graphics are the real thing then. what we saw as preview gameclips is what we get then? If so, OHH Man am i amped!

Ok had a look at the iso to see if we can edit things at all. Just thought I'd post what I found for people who are intrested. Now I opened it with GGS first but it didn't recognise the contained files. I opened it with DKZ studio and went into the usrdir, now it shows the iso contains:

- over.afs 8.8mb
- 0_text.afs 654mb
- j_text.afs 28mb
- 0_sound.afs - 228mb

But unfortunatley :( if you try and open one of the afs files it say it isn't a afs file lol. I also tried with afs explorer but it didn't recognise the 0_text either. So it looks like we might need new tools to open the files, but the files are there. Anyway if I find anything else out I'll post it in here ;)

I know i've asked this before but i really cant see a way to patch the UMD if you are running firmware 2.0.

My thinking at the moment is that the only way to run a patched game is to run the ISO from the memory stick. So the downgrader will have to be used

Also, if someone actually posts their option file on the internet from a patched english version of the game this wont change the language of the menus.

So, my understanding at the moment is that to run a patched version of the game a downgrader will have to be used and that hasnt been released yet

Oh GOD! The WHOLE reason I wanted to get WE9 for PSP was to get away from the patching and I thought with UMD it'd be pretty hard and i wouldn' waste my time with it. Now all you guys are trying to find ways and it's makin me crazy thinking of a ptched game that looks almost identical to the one on my tv.

I don't know i'd patch if I could, i mean i have a vers PSP which lets me but i wanted to get away from patching or editing in general for awhile anyway.I love doing pitches and i've done some adboards but i really just wanna play and i feel that the PSP vers will force me to just play instead of when I'm at the PS2"KNOWING" I could change something visually at will.

WE9 on PSP score 32/40 and not 36/40 as earlier reported.

When the 36/40 score was reported I was sceptical as how could it score higher than the PS2 version with less features.

Also it sold 20,821 copies this week.

The edit tools are the same of the ps2 version? Can we edit boots , players and kits in the edit menu?

Back
Top Bottom