PES6 (Xbox 360) - Official News and Discussion Topic

Re: Anyone actually LIKE PES6 on 360?

It depends what you want from the game. I want to recreate leagues realistically and win cups and proper euro cups, play with a team that actually has a decent kit (liverpool) etc. So for me i dont like it. If its just gameplay you are after then it should be good enuogh.

Re: What have they done to PES!!!

Jack Bauer said:
How long have I been saying this for? ;)

I advise all of you who feel the same to copy my signature into yours, or otherwise Konami are going to make a mint and do this next year as well.

(Saying that, it probably won't make an impact but still...)

you are a tosser pro evo is the best by far

User banned.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

and i suppose their shadows work on the ps2, psp, ds, pc and the groundwork for ps3 version.

They havent 'worked' on the ps2 version. It was ready 6 months ago, and even then it was hardly any different from pes5 (as a whole, the only difference is adjusted gameplay and that doesnt take that long either)

Re: 360 Gameplay Impressions

Yeah i like the 360pad aswell. Its just the d-pad that messes it up for me as i just dont like playing with the analog. But ill have a madcatz pro gamepad by the end of the day so ill will test the d-pad on that. Its more like the ps2 one so should be good enough.

Yeah it is mate. You'll get used to those big ass triggers. It's not as comfortable and easy as the ps2 pad but you will certainly manage. I thought i would have a really hard time with it but it's actually alright.

Pes360 is a slow game and that helps also. I would have more trouble with the 360 pad if i had to play a lightning fast game like WE10.

I can't understand why MS didn't just copy the ps2's dpad.

Re: Rallying the 360 Troops

embraceuk1 said:
I have watched the videos etc and the game looks terrble the players run as if they are floating and the ball is clearly programed like on rails or something.
But we have the PS2 version and the mod community so wont be all bad.

Judge the game after you have played it mate. The ps2 versions passing is REALLY on rails. This problem is a lot less evident in the 360 version.

I like it. It's the controller I have a problem with. Of course, the edit mode sucks, but it plays really well. Somewhat slower but with patience and practice it'll do nicely.

Looking back the first version of PES on PS2 wasn't all that impressive...

So there... No need for panic.

mazanga said:
(...)
Pes360 is a slow game and that helps also. I would have more trouble with the 360 pad if i had to play a lightning fast game like WE10.

I can't understand why MS didn't just copy the ps2's dpad.

I'm actually really happy with the fact PES6 on X360 is slow paced.

For the PES designed pas, maybe it 'll come out in a close future, according to those rumors of a new pad tested by Seabass some time ago.

I like the gameplay a lot. But i always need a few weeks (playing against the CPU, playing online, playing 2vs2 etc) to really judge a new PES or WE game.

The only thing i disliked from the start (and did not start to like later on) was WE10. It was immediately obvious that it's lack of balance and unrealistic gamespeed would prevent me from ever enjoying it. I was very worried that Konami might have decided to take the 'arcade route' in the future. I am pleased to see that I was wrong.

:lol: john comes in with classec response. Wouldnt have expected anything less from him.

This thread is quite an alarming sign for a pesfan site that so many, even a mod, saying this is a poor version. I agree and will be getting fifa this year. But i think it says enough about the 'quality' of the 360 version this year.

I had a real problem with WE10 at first too. Now I love it. I play Master League in co-op mode with a mate and we kick ass now.

I had a go on the beta version of PES6 on the PS2 and it seems fairly similar to WE10 to me. Slower, granted, and the passes quite often go to completely the wrong person. I hope this isn't so (the passing bit i mean) on the retail version!!

Thanks to all for your replies though.

Re: PES6 (X360) Review & 13 videos showing edit mode, goals, balls etc

I'm banned from pesfan, can some1 please post me one of the links from the videos direct, as in the host website!

cheers

Plenty of people like it. They say it's the most realistic football game ever. And to be realistic, the game has to be a lot slower than PES5 (which is why a lot of people don't like it).

I've been playing it for days now and I must say the game plays and looks beautiful, great CPU AI by the way. It sure lacks some features, but you still have the great master league, online mode, cup and league modes, offline multiplayer etc.

For me, it's how the game plays that really matter... you have the example of current-gen FIFA07 (ps2,xbox,pc etc.), in this game you have TONS and TONS of clubs, leagues, modes and players, ALL officially licensed... but the game just feels bad, because it plays bad.

This is why I really like PES6 on Xbox 360.

Cheers!

As for fifa, lol well... you'll see. You'll deny it at first.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cool,
Fortunately i'm not the type PES player who starts to cry if the nets look the wrong texture or the Rooney's boots are the wrong shade of sky blue pink. Its gameplay all the way for me.
Of course, having the correct kits and a few other tweaks makes the game much more enjoyable but you could've made WE9 look as wonderful as you like but it was still a bag of shite!! lol

nSkuL said:
I've been playing it for days now and I must say the game plays and looks beautiful, great CPU AI by the way. It sure lacks some features, but you still have the great master league, online mode, cup and league modes, offline multiplayer etc.

For me, it's how the game plays that really matter... you have the example of current-gen FIFA07 (ps2,xbox,pc etc.), in this game you have TONS and TONS of clubs, leagues, modes and players, ALL officially licensed... but the game just feels bad, because it plays bad.

Cheers!

I agree PES 6 on the 360 is the best football game ever!!

It's the same every year; the latest version always takes a bit of time to get used to, it will feel too slow, or too fast, but after a good session, we'll be forgetting about that.

OK, this year we have less options but as long as the game plays well, and a lot of what I am hearing is that this is the case, then that's all I care about.

I've booked the day off on Friday and still can't wait despite what some people are saying.

Keep yer chin up mate, just wait and see for yourself.

nSkuL said:

Cheers!

have you actually played fifa though, how does it play bad???

I'm really liking this game, looks and plays beautifull.

Cheers!

im not keen so far on pes on the 360 - gameplay wise it feels too clumsy, and you spend half of your time running in to each other and bouncing the ball about all the time. It still feels too automatic for me IMO. It still plays well - but IMO its not enough of an improvement for me over pes5

Online is ok - ive had some good games, but shooting can be nay on impossible becuase of the button lag..

Personally i prefer the fifa demo.. In fact i prob prefer the current gen fifa07 on pc to the next gen pes6.

Ill keep giving it a go, but i cant see me wanting to play this once the next gen ifa is out. we'll see.. Id love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:

whats all this weird picasso bluring i keep seeing on the videos? please dont tell me thats in the game??

its like, when an arsenal player runs, there is a little red of his kit still there after he's ran off.

MrCoopz said:
They have really fucked up with the 360 version,

It plays slow, the ball floats and shots have no power

what a pile of shit

What have they done to PES? They have made it look and play like real football, and that's what PES is all about.

I totally DISAGREE with you, the game is fantastic.

Cheers.

danhammer said:
have you actually played fifa though, how does it play bad???

I haven't played it either.
I really just wanted to say thanks for the result at the weekend ;o)
Shame Defoe was only hungry for your players and not for goals!!!!

PES6 360 - Reviews, Opinions and Vids

Before all the flamers I am not a sony or microsoft fanboy

I have followed the pes series since the iss days on the snes

I own a 360 and a ps2...and today I got my hands on retail copies of pes6 for both the ps2 and 360...

the bottom line is if you own a ps2 I would seriously consider just getting that this year, the lack of features on the 360 version really hurts this game. ignore what people have been saying about slowdown and lag etc thats rubbish, it does play a little differnet to the ps2 version but its a good game of football, only problem being is that you end up longing for the extra options
if you only own a 360, then i would recomend this, its going to be better than fifa so again ignore the haters

after playing these now I will be picking up the ps2 version, I am a little disappointed but im sure they will be back to their best next year...

APX said:
Who´s not getting this game for the 360? Sign me in.
Now that would make a good poll... Are you buying PES6? Yes, for the 360 despite what everyone says - Yes, for the PS2/PC because it doesn't suffer from having half of the content missing - No, Konami are rip-off artists.

I'll wait for somebody else to make it though, if I did then I'd be burned alive for being biased.

Re: PES 6 - the bottom line

We are all allowed our opinions you know, it doesn't make us "fanboys" or "haters". I can see slowdown, lag and player response issues. If you can't, that doesn't mean I'm making it up - same as the countless other people who have seen it.

Back
Top Bottom